Jump to topic:

WW3 will be won with Bio-Weapons.

APB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 1:27:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The USA can't have a nuclear war with North Korea, it would be mutually destructive. Their last resort is to create a lethal, airborne virus that targets people of Korean descent. 99% of the Korean ethnic group would be wiped out without a single nuke being dropped. This weapon would only exist as a CIA rumour and the technology would be highly classified.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 11:52:21 AM
WW3 will be won with computer.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 11:52:29 AM
computers*
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 12:57:39 PM
WW3 won't be US v. Korea. They may be dumb, but they don't have a fraction of the military strength necessary to take us on. They'd need serious back-up, and I don't see any other world power with that capability jumping onto a wagon with North Korea.

But LK is right: if WW3 does come, cyber warfare will be the key.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 1:27:06 PM
If it's truly a world war, it will be nukes.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 1:33:12 PM
A nuclear war with NK wouldn't be mutually destructive. The US could turn NK's weapon facilities into glass with ease, at any point. And using biological weapons is untenable politically for the US (as in, slaughtering millions of innocent NK citizens might just lose the president a couple of votes).
My-Self
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 1:52:35 PM
At 3/31/2013 1:33:12 PM, Kinesis wrote:
A nuclear war with NK wouldn't be mutually destructive. The US could turn NK's weapon facilities into glass with ease, at any point. And using biological weapons is untenable politically for the US (as in, slaughtering millions of innocent NK citizens might just lose the president a couple of votes).

Also, there's the fact that North Korea's missiles aren't capable of hitting the US.
"Genesis could be compatible with anything. Theologians are great at mental gymnastics." ~ phantom
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 2:38:00 PM
At 3/31/2013 1:52:35 PM, My-Self wrote:
At 3/31/2013 1:33:12 PM, Kinesis wrote:

Also, there's the fact that North Korea's missiles aren't capable of hitting the US.

Also they can't fit a bomb onto a missile.

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 2:40:28 PM
At 3/31/2013 1:27:56 AM, APB wrote:
The USA can't have a nuclear war with North Korea, it would be mutually destructive. Their last resort is to create a lethal, airborne virus that targets people of Korean descent. 99% of the Korean ethnic group would be wiped out without a single nuke being dropped. This weapon would only exist as a CIA rumour and the technology would be highly classified.

Why not target their nuclear facilities and radar abilities?

You're suggesting a version of genocide.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 5:00:34 PM
At 3/31/2013 2:40:28 PM, Wnope wrote:

Killing 99% of an ethnic group is the textbook definition of genocide I'd think.

APB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 7:06:31 PM
At 3/31/2013 5:00:34 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Killing 99% of an ethnic group is the textbook definition of genocide I'd think.

Of course it's genocide. That doesn't mean the USA won't do it if pushed hard enough.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 7:15:01 PM
At 3/31/2013 7:06:31 PM, APB wrote:

Of course it's genocide. That doesn't mean the USA won't do it if pushed hard enough.

I dislike US foreign policy as much as the next guy but I honestly don't believe we would ever kill the entire Korean race of people, for any reason whatsoever.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 7:25:19 PM
At 3/31/2013 7:15:01 PM, lewis20 wrote:

I dislike US foreign policy as much as the next guy but I honestly don't believe we would ever kill the entire Korean race of people, for any reason whatsoever.

I agree.

We will probably resort to B-2 bombers, and use our superior military technology, but we won't resort to nuclear warfare. That would be a horrible way to deal with the situation. We also have to focus only on their military and minimize civilian casualties.

But hopefully war won't break out, or at least hopefully we can postpone it.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
APB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 8:02:22 PM
At 3/31/2013 7:25:19 PM, Contra wrote:

I agree.

We will probably resort to B-2 bombers, and use our superior military technology, but we won't resort to nuclear warfare. That would be a horrible way to deal with the situation. We also have to focus only on their military and minimize civilian casualties.

Of course you'd resort to it. If it really was a case of "Destroy them or they'll destroy us", and genocide was the only way to go, then you'd do it. The government will not let their country die if they have another choice.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 8:43:47 PM

I also don't think anyone in that high up in the government is stupid enough to think the disease will respect North Korean borders.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 10:47:45 PM
At 3/31/2013 8:02:22 PM, APB wrote:
At 3/31/2013 7:25:19 PM, Contra wrote:

I agree.

We will probably resort to B-2 bombers, and use our superior military technology, but we won't resort to nuclear warfare. That would be a horrible way to deal with the situation. We also have to focus only on their military and minimize civilian casualties. :

Of course you'd resort to it. If it really was a case of "Destroy them or they'll destroy us", and genocide was the only way to go, then you'd do it. The government will not let their country die if they have another choice.

Nope, that is completely unrealistic
and illogical.

vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 11:30:18 PM

how the fk would you get a virus that only targets people of a certain ethinicity? and know for certain it wouldn't mutate.
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 11:32:52 PM
but yes, biological weapons are easily, imo, more effective than nuclear or chemical weapons.
and it's hard to determine a winner when we are all extinct. in any case, the winner will probably be whoever gets a colony on the moon or mars before the war.
APB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 12:40:21 AM
At 3/31/2013 10:47:45 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Nope, that is completely unrealistic
and illogical.

If the CIA can fund the Taliban to spite the Soviets, they can arrange the genocide of North Korea - and maybe frame somebody else for it. Don't trust the government.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 1:29:23 AM
At 3/31/2013 8:04:23 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
WW3 won't be... "won."

^This.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:01:26 AM
At 3/31/2013 11:30:18 PM, vmpire321 wrote:

how the fk would you get a virus that only targets people of a certain ethinicity?
By being ignorant of the fact that human history is full of miscegenation, duh. Obviously there's a RADICAL separation between korean and japanese genetics. :p
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
APB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 6:55:43 PM
At 4/1/2013 11:01:26 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/31/2013 11:30:18 PM, vmpire321 wrote:

how the fk would you get a virus that only targets people of a certain ethinicity?
By being ignorant of the fact that human history is full of miscegenation, duh. Obviously there's a RADICAL separation between korean and japanese genetics. :p

Targeting is easy. You just need to find one difference that most Koreans have and most other ethnicities don't, and make the virus target that. That's not to say the virus won't mutate. In fact, I'm sure it will and then we'll all be screwed. But seeing as America has more genetic diversity than North Korea, and thus a greater chance of surviving an epidemic, they'd still win the war.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:10:43 PM
Yeah, we should totally get into biological attrition and f*** over allies like japan to deal with some pipsqueak peninsula that happens to have another ally of ours on it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:14:12 PM
First off, I highly doubt WW3 will involve NK, if it ever happens. Second, nukes are actually a less reckless and more efficient and reliable system than bio-weapons. Wow. A weapon that beats nukes in destructiveness. We don't need to wipe out not only all of North Korea, but assuming we can find a way to only target Koreans, South Korea as well.......heck, nuking all of NK would be less destructive.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
APB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 8:08:00 PM
At 4/2/2013 6:14:12 PM, OberHerr wrote:
First off, I highly doubt WW3 will involve NK, if it ever happens. Second, nukes are actually a less reckless and more efficient and reliable system than bio-weapons. Wow. A weapon that beats nukes in destructiveness. We don't need to wipe out not only all of North Korea, but assuming we can find a way to only target Koreans, South Korea as well.......heck, nuking all of NK would be less destructive.

Of course it's less destructive, but it also gives them a chance to nuke back. With a virus, they won't know what hit them until it's done irreparable damage. You can then follow up with a nuclear strike.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 8:51:10 PM
The USA can't have a nuclear war with North Korea, it would be mutually destructive.

Oh pulease, a nuclar war with NK would be completely one sided, they wouldn't touch us and thier military would be a smoking hole in the ground in a couple hours.

Their last resort is to create a lethal, airborne virus that targets people of Korean descent. 99% of the Korean ethnic group would be wiped out without a single nuke being dropped. This weapon would only exist as a CIA rumour and the technology would be highly classified.

Nonsense, first of all, there isn't such a biological weapon, and even if there was, we'd never do such a insanelt immoral thing.

Second, our beef is only with the Korean People's Army, not the Korean people, not even the North Korean people, and they are just a joke. There's only a million in thier army, the other 25 million North Koreans are innocents, in need of liberation from that regime, not extermination. Not to mention the 50 million South Koreans that are our allies. Clownboy Kim Jung-un is flapping his gums, and he's only flapping his gums because he's so weak, he might bring his army to ruin at best, but he's no real threat to the US, genocide of the Korean people is an inane and unthinkable solution to nothing.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 8:59:39 PM
At 4/2/2013 8:08:00 PM, APB wrote:
At 4/2/2013 6:14:12 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Of course it's less destructive, but it also gives them a chance to nuke back. With a virus, they won't know what hit them until it's done irreparable damage. You can then follow up with a nuclear strike.

I truly hope you are never put in a position of even the slightest authority.