Jump to topic:

Obama's Not So Bad

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 9:03:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
After looking at the news and the state of our country after these past 4 years I realized that Obama's not so bad... he might even be a decent president.

Took me this long but I finally realize the folly in my old views.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 9:08:49 AM
Good or you! Its always nice when people are willing to admit they were wrong.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 9:11:15 AM
This was the best one I've seen today.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 10:48:21 AM
At 4/1/2013 9:03:46 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
After looking at the news and the state of our country after these past 4 years I realized that Obama's not so bad... he might even be a decent president.

Could always be worse......I mean, we could always have Biden as president.

But as presidents go, he isn't horrible I will agreed.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 10:59:06 AM
You...
didn't actually say anything.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:01:39 AM
At 4/1/2013 11:00:19 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I <3 Obama now, social justice and redistribution of wealth is my new jam.

I like April 1st as well.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:01:49 AM
*wink*

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:02:43 AM
You still haven't said anything-- what class is your social justice scheme designed to serve, and what's the new distribution going to be?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:03:23 AM
I mean seriously, if you're trying to trick us dolan, you have to SAY something to trick someone.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:06:23 AM
At 4/1/2013 11:01:39 AM, OberHerr wrote:

No I'm serious, big business has been laboring on the backs of the working class for years now. How are hourly wage workers supposed to get a break when they're constantly worried about living pay check to pay check? They're stuck in a perpetual rut. The way to help them out of that is government regulation and government subsidies. This way, the people can break from the hourly wage rut and prosperity can flow more freely to more people. Not just privileged business owners.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:07:55 AM

You got me :P

Derp.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:08:16 AM
At 4/1/2013 11:06:23 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

No I'm serious, big business has been laboring on the backs of the working class for years now. How are hourly wage workers supposed to get a break when they're constantly worried about living pay check to pay check? They're stuck in a perpetual rut. The way to help them out of that is government regulation and government subsidies. This way, the people can break from the hourly wage rut and prosperity can flow more freely to more people. Not just privileged business owners.

Not to mention how the government is known for being efficient and smart over greedy fatcat businessmen.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:09:18 AM
At 4/1/2013 11:08:16 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Not to mention how the government is known for being efficient and smart over greedy fatcat businessmen.

The government is the only entity powerful enough to enact meaningful change.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:09:56 AM
At 4/1/2013 11:09:18 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Preach it. I mean say it, since all religious references are bigoted and hateful.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 11:14:57 AM
At 4/1/2013 11:09:56 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/1/2013 11:09:18 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Preach it. I mean say it, since all religious references are bigoted and hateful.

It is upon this-uh glorious, glor-i-ous day of the LORD that we must-uh give up all meaningful beliefs, ALL, and invest-uh them in the one true, the one trueee, entity that has power, immense and glor-i-ous power, over our lives. The great and HOLY federal-uh government-ah!

(My best shot at southern baptist preacher speak in writing. Grade me.)
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 12:29:28 PM

Wow, sounds like the stream of racist Koch Bros. money has stopped lining your pockets. Freedom and liberty are stupid, outdated ideas anyway. Obama deserves another peace prize for ensuring that people like Sandra Fluke dont accidentally reproduce because birth control isn't free.
BigRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 2:39:07 PM
I'm glad you finally understand how a larger state is necessary to solve all of our problems.

Economics has a right wing bias so we need to ignore economic laws. We just know that price controls, central planning, and redistribution really do work.
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 6:14:20 PM
At 4/1/2013 10:48:21 AM, OberHerr wrote:

I think that's why there have not been any assassination attempts, no matter how bad Obama gets, putting biden in power would be exponentially worse.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 7:11:45 PM

Shocker, hmmm?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 8:04:19 PM
At 4/1/2013 6:14:20 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/1/2013 10:48:21 AM, OberHerr wrote:

I think that's why there have not been any assassination attempts, no matter how bad Obama gets, putting biden in power would be exponentially worse.

Biden is the ultimate assassination insurance.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:58:08 PM
The assassination insurance is that if Obama gets kilt people start treating "You didn't build that!" and "When you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody" like they do Kennedy quotes. He goes from politician to saint. That is bad for a would be assassin.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:02:25 PM
At 4/1/2013 2:39:07 PM, BigRat wrote:
I'm glad you finally understand how a larger state is necessary to solve all of our problems.

Economics has a right wing bias so we need to ignore economic laws. We just know that price controls, central planning, and redistribution really do work.

I KNOW RIGHT!! Free high quality comprehensive preschool, coupled with high quality, free single payer health insurance!!

Make the rich pay their fair share!! Paul Krugman told me that tax rates don't effect economic growth, even though taxes take vital resources out of the economy, but hey, he WON a FREAKIN NOBEL PRIZE!! He must be right!

Kidding. It hurts to pretend.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
APB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 8:05:24 PM
Obama is, at the very worst, average. He's certainly not the best president, and he's definitely not the worst (sorry W, that title still belongs to you).