Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Liberal vs Conservatives (which one is best)

hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 9:08:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Liberal vs Conservatives, state if you're Liberal or Conservatives and why you you're one. We'll see who wins. This whole Liberal and Conservatives thing is a big issue with many debates of these two philosophic. I'll start this off by saying...please state which side you on and why. no critics.

I'm a Liberal. (Democratic)

Liberalism is an ideology which advocates equality of opportunity for all within the framework of a system of laws.

Democrats believe that we're greater together than we are on our own"that this country succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, when everyone does their fair share, when everyone plays by the same rules.

Government involvement (more)
Speed of changes in government (rapid)
Taxes (Higher taxes for higher level of services)
Education (Government control of education)
Environment (Increased government control and regulation)

Common Liberal Beliefs
" Advocates change, innovation, and thinking "out of the box"
" Tends to trust government to provide a better life (e.g., social welfare and progressive taxation)
" More emphasis on economic equality and on being inclusive
" Promotes equity of opportunities (e.g., extending rights to more groups, and placing the concerns of society above those of the few)
"A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."
Leonard Bernstein
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 9:10:22 PM
You'll find a very large number of people here who fit neither of those molds.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 9:12:11 PM
Assuming that 'liberal' refers to the secular scientific view while 'conservative' refers to the tradition-oriented view, I'd say Liberal would win every time.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2013 10:05:00 PM
At 4/1/2013 9:21:55 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Economic conservative. Social liberal.
^ best combo. Highly recommend ;)

+10. It's the real liberal.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 10:39:20 AM

Sounds interesting. But Economic Conservative you sometimes have to look deep into it. Economic Conservative, there is less government intervention and regulation-this is what led to the "great depression." Economic Conservative, companies will put the health of people at risk for the benefit. Koch Industries is a great example. I believe in Economic conservative but we need government regulation and intervention to avoid the risk of the Environment, people, and our nation as a whole.
"A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."
Leonard Bernstein
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 10:42:47 AM
At 4/2/2013 10:39:20 AM, hilton16 wrote:

Sounds interesting. But Economic Conservative you sometimes have to look deep into it. Economic Conservative, there is less government intervention and regulation-this is what led to the "great depression." Economic Conservative, companies will put the health of people at risk for the benefit. Koch Industries is a great example. I believe in Economic conservative but we need government regulation and intervention to avoid the risk of the Environment, people, and our nation as a whole.

http://www.quickmeme.com...
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 10:46:54 AM

Ok, so how would YOU prefer we tear your pathetic excuse for an argument into shreds?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Aned
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 11:49:40 AM
If an individual do not conform to the state ideology, that individual will be harassed at work, investigated, persecuted, videotaped, to the point where people just become suicidal. That is communism, people cannot dissent.
Aned
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 11:51:36 AM
In a communist system, everyone that expresses an opinion diverting from the government position is considered an spy working for CIA.
If an individual do not conform to the state ideology, that individual will be harassed at work, investigated, persecuted, videotaped, to the point where people just become suicidal. That is communism, people cannot dissent.
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 12:19:24 PM
At 4/2/2013 10:46:54 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Ok, so how would YOU prefer we tear your pathetic excuse for an argument into shreds?

a debate will settle what you consider "pathetic excuse." The debate will be cited as "Economic conservative needs gov't intervention and regulation."
Leonard Bernstein
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:16:31 PM
Do you see now, fvcktard? (@hilton)

At 4/2/2013 10:46:54 AM, OberHerr wrote:

"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:36:11 PM

Hell yeah. The notion of liberty; where people have freedom of choice.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:43:05 PM

Sounds interesting. But Economic Conservative you sometimes have to look deep into it. Economic Conservative, there is less government intervention and regulation-this is what led to the "great depression."

Please, provide a logical backing for this statement. How did less government intervention lead to the great depression?

Economic Conservative, companies will put the health of people at risk for the benefit. Koch Industries is a great example. I believe in Economic conservative but we need government regulation and intervention to avoid the risk of the Environment, people, and our nation as a whole.

Pollution is one thing in which government is necessary to regulate. However, people have a choice on what products he/she chooses.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...