Jump to topic:

High Level Panel Meeting: Sequester Deal

hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 6:29:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
High Level Panel Meeting: I call on every person of all walks of life, weather you're Liberal or Conservative, Libertarian or Moderate, religious or not religious, i want us all to meet on this forum and discuss the sequester deal. I want us to set our differences aside and talk about the future of this nation. Weather it do us good or bad, we're never stronger until were bond for the common good. I ask that this will be an intellectual discussion about the Sequester Deal and the future it holds for all of us. I've ask many greater debaters on DDO to have their input on this issue. Bring in all the facts. The stats. The sources. The evidence. Let's deep down deeper as to where this deal will lead us...
"A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."
Leonard Bernstein
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 6:30:18 PM
You means those cuts that were made a while back? Hasn't effected me at all.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 6:31:28 PM
At 4/4/2013 6:29:12 PM, hilton16 wrote:
High Level Panel Meeting: I call on every person of all walks of life, whether you're Liberal or Conservative, Libertarian or Moderate, religious or not religious, I want us all to meet on this forum and discuss the sequester deal. I want us to set our differences aside and talk about the future of this nation. Whether it does us good or bad, we're never stronger until we bond for the common good. I ask that this will be an intellectual discussion about the Sequester Deal and the future it holds for all of us. I've ask many greater debaters on DDO to have their input on this issue. Bring in all the facts. The stats. The sources. The evidence. Let's dig down deeper as to where this deal will lead us...

Merry Fix'dmas.

And......meh. I dunno.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 6:31:53 PM
At 4/4/2013 6:30:18 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
You means those cuts that were made a while back? Hasn't affected me at all.

Fix'd.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 6:47:52 PM

Actually, I can think of an example where it has affected me. I applied to work at a Naval Shipyard and they're having a hiring freeze. Now I have to worry about finding a job elsewhere.

Woo is me.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 7:59:03 PM
I haven't felt much of the effects yet. But sooner or later we all will...its just worries me about the great effects its going to have.
"A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."
Leonard Bernstein
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 8:12:43 PM

A friend of mine was going to be hired as a data analyst by an agency of the government. The sequester eliminated the job he would have had. It nearly eliminated funding to the political science division of the NSF. It's severely hurt other research prospects as well. It's idiotic -but when are politics as usual anything but?

*vomits*
Tsar of DDO