Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Lost

THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 4:37:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
K, I am unsure if I want to be affiliated with a party... Should I just not say or be 'mostly' one thing or another?

I need some help here, and want to know if anybody else is in the same boat.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 5:18:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/6/2013 4:37:50 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
K, I am unsure if I want to be affiliated with a party... Should I just not say or be 'mostly' one thing or another?

I need some help here, and want to know if anybody else is in the same boat.

Partially, it depends on your state. In the state I live in, independents can vote in either party's primary, except the presidential one, so that's a reason not to affiliate.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 7:24:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/6/2013 5:18:14 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/6/2013 4:37:50 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
K, I am unsure if I want to be affiliated with a party... Should I just not say or be 'mostly' one thing or another?

I need some help here, and want to know if anybody else is in the same boat.

Partially, it depends on your state. In the state I live in, independents can vote in either party's primary, except the presidential one, so that's a reason not to affiliate.

Im 14, so that doesn't matter yet. However, I was thinking more for my DDO profile listing, or even just having an answer when people ask me what party I go for.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 7:31:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/6/2013 7:24:52 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 4/6/2013 5:18:14 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/6/2013 4:37:50 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
K, I am unsure if I want to be affiliated with a party... Should I just not say or be 'mostly' one thing or another?

I need some help here, and want to know if anybody else is in the same boat.

Partially, it depends on your state. In the state I live in, independents can vote in either party's primary, except the presidential one, so that's a reason not to affiliate.

Im 14, so that doesn't matter yet. However, I was thinking more for my DDO profile listing, or even just having an answer when people ask me what party I go for.

Well, then I think you need to decide what you mostly go for, and whether you agree with any of the parties enough to affiliate yourself with them.

Think of it along the lines of Xbox and Playstation...even if you CAN see the virtues of the other, you do have a favorite.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 7:39:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/6/2013 7:31:49 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/6/2013 7:24:52 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 4/6/2013 5:18:14 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/6/2013 4:37:50 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
K, I am unsure if I want to be affiliated with a party... Should I just not say or be 'mostly' one thing or another?

I need some help here, and want to know if anybody else is in the same boat.

Partially, it depends on your state. In the state I live in, independents can vote in either party's primary, except the presidential one, so that's a reason not to affiliate.

Im 14, so that doesn't matter yet. However, I was thinking more for my DDO profile listing, or even just having an answer when people ask me what party I go for.

Well, then I think you need to decide what you mostly go for, and whether you agree with any of the parties enough to affiliate yourself with them.

Think of it along the lines of Xbox and Playstation...even if you CAN see the virtues of the other, you do have a favorite.

XBOX
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 7:49:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/6/2013 7:39:11 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

XBOX

See? So just figure out who your political Xbox is.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 8:02:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I thought this was going to be about the show. Oh, well.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2013 10:47:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/6/2013 4:37:50 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
K, I am unsure if I want to be affiliated with a party... Should I just not say or be 'mostly' one thing or another?

I need some help here, and want to know if anybody else is in the same boat.

Republican Party in a nutshell;
Anti-Federal Government
Pro-State Governments
Pro-Military
Pro-Free Market
Anti-Regulations
Anti-Welfare State
Anti-Taxes
Pro-Fiscal Responsibility
Pro-Constitution

Democratic Party in a nutshell;
Pro-Federal Government
Anti-State Governments
Anti-Military
Anti-Free Market
Pro-Regulations
Pro-Welfare State
Pro-Taxes
Anti-Fiscal Responsibility
anti-Constitution

The basic difference is that Democrats believe more Government is the solution and the Government works better when centralized, whereas Republicans believe less Government is the solution and the Government works better when localized. Republicans believe the Government's only real job is to protect us, whereas Democrats believe the government has a moral responsibility to promote social justice.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 9:55:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/6/2013 10:47:45 PM, DanT wrote:
At 4/6/2013 4:37:50 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
K, I am unsure if I want to be affiliated with a party... Should I just not say or be 'mostly' one thing or another?

I need some help here, and want to know if anybody else is in the same boat.

Republican Party in a nutshell;
Anti-Federal Government
Pro-State Governments
Pro-Military
Pro-Free Market
Anti-Regulations
Anti-Welfare State
Anti-Taxes
Pro-Fiscal Responsibility
Pro-Constitution

Democratic Party in a nutshell;
Pro-Federal Government
Anti-State Governments
Anti-Military
Anti-Free Market
Pro-Regulations
Pro-Welfare State
Pro-Taxes
Anti-Fiscal Responsibility
anti-Constitution


The basic difference is that Democrats believe more Government is the solution and the Government works better when centralized, whereas Republicans believe less Government is the solution and the Government works better when localized. Republicans believe the Government's only real job is to protect us, whereas Democrats believe the government has a moral responsibility to promote social justice.

I am half and half with the anti/pro things :/
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 12:12:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/7/2013 9:55:05 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:


I am half and half with the anti/pro things :/

Then don't pick a party. The two major parties are mostly d-bags these days, anyway (though I would argue that the Republicans generally have cornered the market on casual bigotry and stupid evil in their politicians).

There are other parties, though, don't forget: The Green Party, the Green Party, the Libertarian Party, the Constitution Party, the Independent American Party (socialists, since it's not obvious from their name), the Communist Party, and dozens of other smaller ones. While voting for them is often a less-than-effective choice, at least in the short term, it's still a way to identify yourself if you want.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Nobody really checks the profile, and your response to in-person "what party are you" questions can always be: they all suck.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2013 1:25:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/7/2013 9:55:05 AM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 4/6/2013 10:47:45 PM, DanT wrote:
At 4/6/2013 4:37:50 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
K, I am unsure if I want to be affiliated with a party... Should I just not say or be 'mostly' one thing or another?

I need some help here, and want to know if anybody else is in the same boat.

Republican Party in a nutshell;
Anti-Federal Government
Pro-State Governments
Pro-Military
Pro-Free Market
Anti-Regulations
Anti-Welfare State
Anti-Taxes
Pro-Fiscal Responsibility
Pro-Constitution

Democratic Party in a nutshell;
Pro-Federal Government
Anti-State Governments
Anti-Military
Anti-Free Market
Pro-Regulations
Pro-Welfare State
Pro-Taxes
Anti-Fiscal Responsibility
anti-Constitution


The basic difference is that Democrats believe more Government is the solution and the Government works better when centralized, whereas Republicans believe less Government is the solution and the Government works better when localized. Republicans believe the Government's only real job is to protect us, whereas Democrats believe the government has a moral responsibility to promote social justice.

I am half and half with the anti/pro things :/

Well the most important points are the following;
Republican Party;
Anti-Federal Government
Pro-State Governments
Pro-Military
Anti-Social Justice

Democratic Partyl;
Pro-Federal Government
Anti-State Governments
Anti-Military
Pro-Social Justice
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 11:28:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Thought this thread was about Lost. I'll show myself out now.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
FolkCat1234
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 8:36:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I hate being associated with any political party. Maybe it's just that I have a really strong sense of individualism, but I feel that when joining a group, I support their actions, without having complete control. Oh wait, maybe I'm just a control freak. Whatever. Independents FTW
jzonda415
Posts: 151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 11:08:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/6/2013 7:24:52 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
At 4/6/2013 5:18:14 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/6/2013 4:37:50 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
K, I am unsure if I want to be affiliated with a party... Should I just not say or be 'mostly' one thing or another?

I need some help here, and want to know if anybody else is in the same boat.

Partially, it depends on your state. In the state I live in, independents can vote in either party's primary, except the presidential one, so that's a reason not to affiliate.

Im 14, so that doesn't matter yet. However, I was thinking more for my DDO profile listing, or even just having an answer when people ask me what party I go for.

Have you tried a political philosophy test online? If not then here are some of my favorites:

http://quizfarm.com...#

http://www.selectsmart.com...

http://www.politicalcompass.org...

http://www.gotoquiz.com...

If you want to find out your party or who you're most affiliated with, use these.
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2013 11:55:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/8/2013 11:28:21 AM, Noumena wrote:
Thought this thread was about Lost. I'll show myself out now.
Jacob brought you to this thread. Everything happens for a reason.