Jump to topic:

Thatcher Funeral Protest

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 6:23:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Firstly, I would like to extend my sympathies to Margaret Thatcher's children: the convicted criminal Mark and the frothing racist Carol, although, since they are both considerably richer than me, I am not happy that they expect me to contribute to the cost of their mother's funeral through my taxes.

The ceremonial burial planned for next Wednesday is an invidious affront to all the decent, hard-working British people who suffered so much as the result of that wretched woman's spiteful crusades against the working class and it is only right and proper that we show up and demonstrate our furious opposition to this monstrously munificent memorial service on the day.

Naturally, fascist boot boys from the English Defence League, upper-class thugs from the Young Conservatives and other far-right extremists will be out in force to pay their respects to their political idol, but we won't let them intimidate us: we have the right to engage in a peaceful protest; and we also have the right to use reasonable force to defend ourselves in the case of unprovoked attacks.

I understand some may of you may have reservations about disrupting a funeral service, even if it is for a despised political leader, but let's remember that this is not a private service paid for by Thatcher's family, it is a public event paid for by the public, and we cannot let the occasion pass without voicing the opposition of the millions of people who don't support it.

I hope that some of you will be able to join me on this protest, please let me know if you would like any further information.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 7:07:22 AM
Yeah, all I gotta say to you and your little buddies starts with "Go to" and ends with "Hell".
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 7:29:51 AM
Does the Klu Klux Klan have the right to disrupt the funerals of Back civil rights leaders? The disruption must be peaceful. Of course, the KKK has the right to defend themselves if someone threatens them.

If protestors in Britain will not stand up for the rights of bigoted morons to conduct public displays of mindless hatred, then who will?
VanHelsing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 9:30:39 AM
At 4/10/2013 6:23:17 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Firstly, I would like to extend my sympathies to Margaret Thatcher's children: the convicted criminal Mark and the frothing racist Carol, although, since they are both considerably richer than me, I am not happy that they expect me to contribute to the cost of their mother's funeral through my taxes.

The ceremonial burial planned for next Wednesday is an invidious affront to all the decent, hard-working British people who suffered so much as the result of that wretched woman's spiteful crusades against the working class and it is only right and proper that we show up and demonstrate our furious opposition to this monstrously munificent memorial service on the day.

Naturally, fascist boot boys from the English Defence League, upper-class thugs from the Young Conservatives and other far-right extremists will be out in force to pay their respects to their political idol, but we won't let them intimidate us: we have the right to engage in a peaceful protest; and we also have the right to use reasonable force to defend ourselves in the case of unprovoked attacks.

I understand some may of you may have reservations about disrupting a funeral service, even if it is for a despised political leader, but let's remember that this is not a private service paid for by Thatcher's family, it is a public event paid for by the public, and we cannot let the occasion pass without voicing the opposition of the millions of people who don't support it.

I hope that some of you will be able to join me on this protest, please let me know if you would like any further information.
It has not really got anything to do wth Margaret Thatcher herself. It is a display by her inheritors whose intention is to show the rest of us how they intend things to be from now on. It is about the future, not the past
Any talk of personal feelings is a red herring
VanHelsing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 9:35:37 AM
It has not really got anything to do wth Margaret Thatcher herself. It is a display by her inheritors whose intention is to show the rest of us how they intend things to be from now on. It is about the future, not the past
Any talk of personal feelings is a red herring
The funeral is on a weekday so that people cannot get time off work.
The funeral is on a weekday so that the press chorus can scream at the protestors 'why aren't you at work?'
The funeral route will be lined with millitary and cops so that the troublemakers get the message.
The route will be lined with millitary and cops so anyone who is thinking of stepping out of line will get the message
THIS IS ABOUT THE FUTURE, NOT THE PAST!
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 9:44:22 AM
At 4/10/2013 6:23:17 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

You're probably really upset that you still have to financially support the royal family aren't you?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 9:47:56 AM

JonMilne
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 12:51:16 PM
Bear in mind, this woman labelled Nelson Mandela as a "terrorist", and she was only the European leader who opposed a ban on the Ivory Trade. And let's not forget her role in the Hillsborough Disaster. Speaking of which, someone please debate me on that: http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 1:04:21 PM
At 4/10/2013 12:51:16 PM, JonMilne wrote:
Bear in mind, this woman labelled Nelson Mandela as a "terrorist", and she was only the European leader who opposed a ban on the Ivory Trade. And let's not forget her role in the Hillsborough Disaster.

What exactly was her role in the Hillsborough Disaster? And she labeled Nelson Mandela's African National Congress a terrorist group, not he himself a terrorist.
A mistake which I believe has been repeated by many world leaders.

http://whitenoiseinsanity.com...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk...

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn...

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 1:36:57 PM
At 4/10/2013 9:47:56 AM, lewis20 wrote:

Somehow implying that democratic regimes are somehow superior.

Qatar's the richest nation on earth and you know what it is: an absolute monarchy.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 2:03:27 PM
The Endlessly Entertaining Eggleston strikes again!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 2:06:14 PM
At 4/10/2013 12:51:16 PM, JonMilne wrote:
Bear in mind, this woman labelled Nelson Mandela as a "terrorist", and she was only the European leader who opposed a ban on the Ivory Trade. And let's not forget her role in the Hillsborough Disaster. Speaking of which, someone please debate me on that: http://www.debate.org...

If it wasn't for Thatcher Britain would be as miserable as the rest of Europe right now if not worse.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 2:12:06 PM
At 4/10/2013 7:29:51 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Does the Klu Klux Klan have the right to disrupt the funerals of Back civil rights leaders? The disruption must be peaceful. Of course, the KKK has the right to defend themselves if someone threatens them.

If protestors in Britain will not stand up for the rights of bigoted morons to conduct public displays of mindless hatred, then who will?

lol

True, Roy.

But I think the liberals of England who feel that Thatcher was a blight on their society due to her enacted policies and political positions have a little more claim to being upset by a tax-endorsed funeral for her than, say, some redneck who dislikes black people because they're black and protests a private funeral because he just doesn't like black people.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 2:21:19 PM
At 4/10/2013 1:36:57 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Qatar's the richest nation on earth and you know what it is: an absolute monarchy.

Democratic Republics are absolutely superior. Qatar is an outlier, an oil rich nation that made the right international friends.

APB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 3:06:02 PM
We don't tolerate this crap from the Phelps family, why should we tolerate it from you? If you have an issue with the money, take it up via the legal system as you're supposed to.

Oh wait, that's right, you're some ignorant, left-wing lunatic with a sense of entitlement. Saving your tax dollars isn't nearly as important as letting everybody know just how much you hate the 1%.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 3:42:25 PM
At 4/10/2013 2:12:06 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/10/2013 7:29:51 AM, RoyLatham wrote:

lol

True, Roy.

But I think the liberals of England who feel that Thatcher was a blight on their society due to her enacted policies and political positions have a little more claim to being upset by a tax-endorsed funeral for her than, say, some redneck who dislikes black people because they're black and protests a private funeral because he just doesn't like black people.

Like I give a sh!t if they feel that protesting at someone's funeral is a good idea.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 5:06:16 PM
At 4/10/2013 2:21:19 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Democratic Republics are absolutely superior. Qatar is an outlier, an oil rich nation that made the right international friends.

So what if Qatar has oil? It's not as if 100% of its GDP is oil. They produce other stuff too you know? There's also other nations that have oil and aren't wealthy, some even democratic.

And no, I wouldn't say that Democratic Republics are superior. Many african nations filled with corruption and tons of internal unrest are democratic republic.

Course, we can use Kim Jon Um as an example of a bad monarchy. However, I'm really inclined to believe it doesn't matter too much whether a nation is a democracy or a monarchy.
Open borders debate:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 5:28:49 PM
At 4/10/2013 3:06:02 PM, APB wrote:
We don't tolerate this crap from the Phelps family, why should we tolerate it from you?

Uhhhh...... yeah... we do...

What?

If you have an issue with the money, take it up via the legal system as you're supposed to.

Oh wait, that's right, you're some ignorant, left-wing lunatic with a sense of entitlement. Saving your tax dollars isn't nearly as important as letting everybody know just how much you hate the 1%.
:
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 5:37:40 PM
At 4/10/2013 5:06:16 PM, darkkermit wrote:

So what if Qatar has oil? It's not as if 100% of its GDP is oil. They produce other stuff too you know? There's also other nations that have oil and aren't wealthy, some even democratic.

And no, I wouldn't say that Democratic Republics are superior. Many african nations filled with corruption and tons of internal unrest are democratic republic.

Course, we can use Kim Jon Um as an example of a bad monarchy. However, I'm really inclined to believe it doesn't matter too much whether a nation is a democracy or a monarchy.

Want to debate it.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 10:55:02 PM
We don't tolerate this crap from the Phelps family, why should we tolerate it from you? If you have an issue with the money, take it up via the legal system as you're supposed to.

It's their money, so they can set conditions for it's use, and one of this conditions is the right to protest how it is being wasted on state funerals.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 10:55:46 PM

Oh, and the Phelps family won their court case, so they are allowed to protest. I guess that means their nonsense is tolerated.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 10:59:05 PM
At 4/10/2013 5:37:40 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 4/10/2013 5:06:16 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Want to debate it.

Yes, I would be willing to debate it. I'll send u the debate challenge either this saturday or sunday.
Open borders debate:
APB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2013 11:17:21 PM
@ Oryus and royalpaladin

Okay, technically the legal system of the United States tolerates it. The Brits, last I'd heard, had banned Pastor Fred from entering their country.

And I'm not denying their right to protest, I just think it's inappropriate to do it during a funeral.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 4:19:42 AM
I am siding with Royal on this one. Yes, they have the right to protest and display their disagreement on public funeral of politician they feel undeserved.

However note that protesting is not the same as disruption, while they can be disagreed with the fact that she had been granted a public funeral, they can't act in anyway to prevent the funeral from processing to the end. It has already been decided from the democratically elected government that she deserved a funeral, you can disagree but you can't forcefully oppose it. This is not your private property, it is the public money (though partly funded by your tax) you must respect the will of the majority of people who own it.