Jump to topic:

Shocking: Obama Admin Attempted Power Grabs

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 9:58:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sen. Ted Cruz Releases Inaugural Report on Obama Administration's Unprecedented Attempts to Expand Federal Power

Sen. Cruz's report highlights the six cases that the Supreme Court has unanimously rejected since January 2012. Had President Obama's Department of Justice been successful in its cases, the federal government would have the power to:

- Attach GPSs to a citizen's vehicle to monitor his movements, without having any cause to believe that a person has committed a crime (United States v. Jones);

- Deprive landowners of the right to challenge potential government fines as high as $75,000 per day and take away their ability have a hearing to challenge those fines (Sackett v. EPA);

- Interfere with a church's selection of its own ministers. (Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church & School v. EEOC);

- Override state law whenever the President desires. (Arizona v. United States);

- Dramatically extend statutes of limitations to impose penalties for acts committed decades ago. (Gabelli v. SEC); and

- Destroy private property without paying just compensation. (Arkansas Fish & Game Commission v. United States).

"When President Obama's own Supreme Court nominees join their colleagues in unanimously rejecting his Administration's call for broader federal power six times in just over one year, the inescapable conclusion is that the Obama Administration's view of federal power knows virtually no bounds," said Sen. Cruz. "This is a deeply troubling pattern that we will continue to highlight as long as this Administration continues seeking ways to expand its power in direct violation of Americans' constitutional rights."

http://www.cruz.senate.gov...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 10:03:56 AM
Ted Cruz received national acclaim as the Solicitor General of Texas, the State's chief lawyer before the U.S. Supreme Court. Serving under Attorney General Greg Abbott, Ted was the nation"s youngest Solicitor General, the longest serving Solicitor General in Texas, and the first Hispanic Solicitor General of Texas.

Ted has authored more than 80 U.S. Supreme Court briefs and argued 43 oral arguments, including nine before the U.S. Supreme Court. During Ted"s service as Solicitor General, Texas achieved an unprecedented series of landmark national victories, including successfully defending:

- U.S. sovereignty against the UN and the World Court in Medellin v. Texas;
- The Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms;
- The constitutionality of the Texas Ten Commandments monument;
- The constitutionality of the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance;
- The constitutionality of the Texas Sexually Violent Predator Civil Commitment law; and
- The Texas congressional redistricting plan.

The National Law Journal has called Ted "a key voice" to whom "the [U.S. Supreme Court] Justices listen." Ted has been named by American Lawyer magazine as one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America.

http://www.cruz.senate.gov...

Most impressive to DDO is the fact that he is a worldwide debate champion.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
glassplotful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:17:35 PM
- Attach GPSs to a citizen's vehicle to monitor his movements, without having any cause to believe that a person has committed a crime (United States v. Jones);

Neither Obama nor his administration had anything to do with this case. The case came about as a result of the FBI installing a tracking devise on the car of a suspected criminal.

- Deprive landowners of the right to challenge potential government fines as high as $75,000 per day and take away their ability have a hearing to challenge those fines (Sackett v. EPA)

Again, neither Obama nor his administration were involved in this case. The conflict was between a landowner and EPA regulations.

- Interfere with a church's selection of its own ministers. (Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church & School v. EEOC);

"Interfere with a church's selection of its own ministers" is a bit misleading. The case concerned whether or not federal discrimination laws should be applied to religious organizations' selection of religious leaders. The Supreme court ruled they did not. Again, no involvement by Obama whatsoever.

- Override state law whenever the President desires. (Arizona v. United States);

This is just plain incorrect. The ruling only involved state laws concerned with immigration, not all state laws. And yes, the Obama administration was involved in this case. The case itself concerned the provision of the law allowing Arizona state police to investigate the immigration status of an individual stopped, detained, or arrested if there is reasonable suspicion that individual is in the country illegally, which was upheld. I would say this is actually a bad ruling- it allowed Arizona to continue methods of racial profiling ("reasonable suspicion"). I would had rather the justices side with the U.S. on this one.

- Dramatically extend statutes of limitations to impose penalties for acts committed decades ago. (Gabelli v. SEC);

Obama was not involved in this case.

- Destroy private property without paying just compensation. (Arkansas Fish & Game Commission v. United States).

Again, Obama was not involved. This was a conflict strictly between Arkansas Fish & Game Commission and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.

--

A final note: I am a Texan and am well familiar with both my senators, one being Ted Cruz. He is notorious for skewing the truth or outright lying. Fact-check your posts before you post them.

Remember: United States X00; President or his Administration
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:47:28 PM
At 4/12/2013 6:17:35 PM, glassplotful wrote:

Neither Obama nor his administration had anything to do with this case. The case came about as a result of the FBI installing a tracking devise on the car of a suspected criminal.

- Deprive landowners of the right to challenge potential government fines as high as $75,000 per day and take away their ability have a hearing to challenge those fines (Sackett v. EPA)

Again, neither Obama nor his administration were involved in this case. The conflict was between a landowner and EPA regulations.

"Interfere with a church's selection of its own ministers" is a bit misleading. The case concerned whether or not federal discrimination laws should be applied to religious organizations' selection of religious leaders. The Supreme court ruled they did not. Again, no involvement by Obama whatsoever.

This is just plain incorrect. The ruling only involved state laws concerned with immigration, not all state laws. And yes, the Obama administration was involved in this case. The case itself concerned the provision of the law allowing Arizona state police to investigate the immigration status of an individual stopped, detained, or arrested if there is reasonable suspicion that individual is in the country illegally, which was upheld. I would say this is actually a bad ruling- it allowed Arizona to continue methods of racial profiling ("reasonable suspicion"). I would had rather the justices side with the U.S. on this one.

- Dramatically extend statutes of limitations to impose penalties for acts committed decades ago. (Gabelli v. SEC);

Obama was not involved in this case.

Again, Obama was not involved. This was a conflict strictly between Arkansas Fish & Game Commission and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.

--

A final note: I am a Texan and am well familiar with both my senators, one being Ted Cruz. He is notorious for skewing the truth or outright lying. Fact-check your posts before you post them.

Remember: United States X00; President or his Administration

^THIS!

also to the OP, as i keep telling conservatives, if you are going to try and make a claim of "conspiracy" please do so not linking conservative websites to back up you claim, that's like saying to a starfish "you not a starfish!" and then having 4 of your friends stand behind you going "ya you tell that starfish, who's not really a starfish at all rockey!"

you linked the guys website, of course he is going o post it there, has any other actual government pages posted it? So all you have is some guy making the claims, posting on his website, then saying it's fact "trust me"?

*shakes head*
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 10:52:30 AM
@glassplotfull

Obama is the CEO of the Federal government. Oh, by the way, Obama chose the head of the EPA and FBI. These bureaucrats are appointed by Obama and share his values.

I have specifically been to Ted Cruz' PolitiFact profile and refuted all of the alleged claims of lying by Ted Cruz. PolitiFact said he lies 75% of the time so I looked at all their examples used for the 75% and it turns out PolitiFact is utterly clueless. For example they said he was lying about "hobbit homes" yet those idiots at PolitiFact have never even heard of U.N. Agenda 21.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 12:02:40 PM
At 4/15/2013 10:52:30 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@glassplotfull

Obama is the CEO of the Federal government. Oh, by the way, Obama chose the head of the EPA and FBI. These bureaucrats are appointed by Obama and share his values.
And this makes every action by them directly Obama's fault...how? And hasn't Obama been appointing plenty of conservatives?
I have specifically been to Ted Cruz' PolitiFact profile and refuted all of the alleged claims of lying by Ted Cruz. PolitiFact said he lies 75% of the time so I looked at all their examples used for the 75% and it turns out PolitiFact is utterly clueless. For example they said he was lying about "hobbit homes" yet those idiots at PolitiFact have never even heard of U.N. Agenda 21.
Strange, I didn't see that one on PolitiFact. Mind linking me to it? Also, only 54% of what he said were lies, according to PolitiFact. Perhaps there's some hope for him yet!
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
glassplotful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 12:12:27 PM
At 4/15/2013 10:52:30 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@glassplotfull

Even a CEO still has to answer to the board of directors and the public. Obama and his administration make up only one third of the government, with indirect control over the other two branches. Congress has these same powers- they control one third of the government with indirect control over the other two branches. The judicial branch is the same. Arguably, Congress has the most power of all, able to literally make the laws of the land. The system of checks and balances really hasn't changed much since the 18th century.

http://americanhistory.about.com...

Obama did choose the head of the EPA, you are right. But placing all the blame on Obama for Sackett v. EPA is ridiculous. Jackson had a free will of her own- she wasn't being controlled by Obama. She made her own decisions. And you're assuming that she was involved in the case, or that her policies had an effect on the case. You don't know that, and you (or rather the ever dishonest Ted Cruz) haven't provided any evidence to prove this.

The head of the FBI was not appointed by Obama. Mueller was appointed by Bush on September 4, 2001.

Agenda 21? That U.N. plan that is entirely voluntarily that concerns the global partnership of nations around the world to help build a more sustainable environment?

http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org...

A vast majority of Americans have not even bothered to read the actual document. I suggest you read the full document before you start falling in line with all the other Fox News mouthpieces spouting "communism" and other such nonsense. All agenda 21 has ever been about is environmental protection and basic human rights with regard to the advances of the 21st century, and the U.S. doesn't even have to participate.