Media Blackout of Kermit Gosnell

1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 2:34:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://hotair.com...

The brutal slaughter of infants, born alive and their spinal cords snapped, and all the righteous abortion advocates can do is turn their heads away.

Is this where reproductive rights are now? Children crying out as they're murdered have to be ignored? Maybe since the murders weren't committed using a firearm, its of no concern to them because the left can't exploit the deaths to push their statist agenda.

Ironically, if Gosnell gets the death penalty, we can be sure the left won"t protest it because the last thing they'd want is that story to get attention.

So in the future when the liberals in the media accuse the right of racism or pretend to care about children or anyone else, remember their reaction, or lack of it, to Kermit Gosnell and his countless, horrific murders
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 4:42:55 PM
At 4/12/2013 2:34:00 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

The brutal slaughter of infants, born alive and their spinal cords snapped, and all the righteous abortion advocates can do is turn their heads away.

Is this where reproductive rights are now? Children crying out as they're murdered have to be ignored? Maybe since the murders weren't committed using a firearm, its of no concern to them because the left can't exploit the deaths to push their statist agenda.

Ironically, if Gosnell gets the death penalty, we can be sure the left won"t protest it because the last thing they'd want is that story to get attention.

So in the future when the liberals in the media accuse the right of racism or pretend to care about children or anyone else, remember their reaction, or lack of it, to Kermit Gosnell and his countless, horrific murders

Putting him on trial is a lack of reaction? This was covered in 2011, when it actually broke...it's not getting big coverage now because there isn't a real controversy: everyone agrees that what he allegedly did was awful, and AFAIK the "allegedly" is stretched pretty thin...I don't think he's getting off on this one. Though if something does come up, I'm sure it'll be covered then.

If you'd like some explanation of coverage: http://www.snopes.com..., with links to the coverage when the story actually broke, as opposed to when certain unscrupulous folks decided it had been "hidden".
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 5:40:06 PM
At 4/12/2013 4:42:55 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Putting him on trial is a lack of reaction? This was covered in 2011, when it actually broke...it's not getting big coverage now because there isn't a real controversy: everyone agrees that what he allegedly did was awful, and AFAIK the "allegedly" is stretched pretty thin...I don't think he's getting off on this one. Though if something does come up, I'm sure it'll be covered then.

If you'd like some explanation of coverage: http://www.snopes.com..., with links to the coverage when the story actually broke, as opposed to when certain unscrupulous folks decided it had been "hidden".

^This

also why is it that when people need something to get them stirred up, the decide to dredge up a story for 2011 and then say "OMG why have we not seen this! what is the liberal, Obama, Nazi, fascist, hemoglobin, coo coo cachoo, democraps hiding?" I mean really, Grats ya got it off a conservative blog or Fixed news, and thought, "OMG this will show those liberals, I got them now!"

It's like I keep telling people, can't anyone come up with anything realistic to bash liberals for these days?
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 5:41:54 PM
At 4/12/2013 5:40:06 PM, Izayah003 wrote:

^This

also why is it that when people need something to get them stirred up, the decide to dredge up a story for 2011 and then say "OMG why have we not seen this! what is the liberal, Obama, Nazi, fascist, hemoglobin, coo coo cachoo, democraps hiding?" I mean really, Grats ya got it off a conservative blog or Fixed news, and thought, "OMG this will show those liberals, I got them now!"

It's like I keep telling people, can't anyone come up with anything realistic to bash liberals for these days?

It's been a while since I've seen conservatives call liberals an oxygen carrying protein.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 5:43:55 PM
At 4/12/2013 5:41:54 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

^This

It's been a while since I've seen conservatives call liberals an oxygen carrying protein.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Personally, I find their tertiary structure more offensive than anything else. I can deal with the alpha-helices but, really, enough is enough.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:13:27 PM
At 4/12/2013 5:43:55 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

^This

Took the words right out of my mouth. Personally, I find their tertiary structure more offensive than anything else. I can deal with the alpha-helices but, really, enough is enough.

LOL you guy's rock, now I was just trying to throw in random things since nobody can just say liberal anymore, it has to have added spice to it "Libtards" democraps" obaafaaithea" (or whatever it is just as long as it starts with Ob i guess they think we can figure it out) but the base of my post still stands, don't understand why conservatives have to find "conspiracy's" probably makes eating alphabet soup very difficult.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:18:31 PM
At 4/12/2013 6:13:27 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 5:43:55 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

^This

LOL you guy's rock, now I was just trying to throw in random things since nobody can just say liberal anymore, it has to have added spice to it "Libtards" democraps" obaafaaithea" (or whatever it is just as long as it starts with Ob i guess they think we can figure it out) but the base of my post still stands, don't understand why conservatives have to find "conspiracy's" probably makes eating alphabet soup very difficult.

I agree with the name calling, but liberals do it just as much. Faux news, Becktards, Lyin' Ryan. It's all schoolyard nonsense that speaks to the puerile minds which populate the ranks of the party devoted. Oh how I long for the days when people used real words to converse instead of inventing silly schoolyard taunts.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:42:44 PM
At 4/12/2013 6:18:31 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
I agree with the name calling, but liberals do it just as much. Faux news, Becktards, Lyin' Ryan. It's all schoolyard nonsense that speaks to the puerile minds which populate the ranks of the party devoted. Oh how I long for the days when people used real words to converse instead of inventing silly schoolyard taunts.

In general, I think you're right about name calling. But when your organization's defense to a lawsuit is that news programs do not have to be truthful, I think getting called "Fake news" (Punned on your name by using "Faux", which really only works in text) is legitimate.
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 6:59:08 PM
At 4/12/2013 6:42:44 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

In general, I think you're right about name calling. But when your organization's defense to a lawsuit is that news programs do not have to be truthful, I think getting called "Fake news" (Punned on your name by using "Faux", which really only works in text) is legitimate.

Yes, every study has shown that Fox News has more misinformed and uninformed viewers then any other news station. so calling it fixed news it very legitimate, as for "Becktards" i have not called anyone that myself, though if you look at it, anyone who listens to Glenn Beck as if he is speaking the gospel truth is kind of being a tard, so it still fits, Paul Ryan does lie and has been proven to lie, so again a legitimate, but there is also Broke back Perry, Ron "Meth and hookers for everyone" Paul, Rand "lets end civil rights" Paul, Sarah "i can see Russia from my house" Palin, and then good old G.W. "A lot of our imports come from other country's" Bush. Now the difference is, conservatives call democrat's names because they can't defend their own claims, liberals call out names based on what people are doing.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 7:28:42 PM
At 4/12/2013 6:59:08 PM, Izayah003 wrote:

Yes, every study has shown that Fox News has more misinformed and uninformed viewers then any other news station. so calling it fixed news it very legitimate, as for "Becktards" i have not called anyone that myself, though if you look at it, anyone who listens to Glenn Beck as if he is speaking the gospel truth is kind of being a tard, so it still fits, Paul Ryan does lie and has been proven to lie, so again a legitimate, but there is also Broke back Perry, Ron "Meth and hookers for everyone" Paul, Rand "lets end civil rights" Paul, Sarah "i can see Russia from my house" Palin, and then good old G.W. "A lot of our imports come from other country's" Bush. Now the difference is, conservatives call democrat's names because they can't defend their own claims, liberals call out names based on what people are doing.

Well, I'm sure conservatives say the same thing about liberals, though. That's why, while I'll defend a specific name (the Fox News/Faux News thing) because of specific, objective grounds, I have to agree that in general name calling is bad. Of course both sides think they're awesome and the other side sucks.
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 7:34:34 PM
At 4/12/2013 7:28:42 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 4/12/2013 6:59:08 PM, Izayah003 wrote:

Well, I'm sure conservatives say the same thing about liberals, though. That's why, while I'll defend a specific name (the Fox News/Faux News thing) because of specific, objective grounds, I have to agree that in general name calling is bad. Of course both sides think they're awesome and the other side sucks.

Yes i do agree, me personally i don't dis-like someone for being a conservative, their actions however is another thing. this country was founded by both party's, for both party's, and so we need conservatives just as much as liberals, however while both sides are leaning way to far to their own side, I fear conservatives are leaning farther to the right, then liberals are to the left. This union only works when we have both sides towards the middle.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 9:56:36 PM

Yes, but what does the Fox news listener here when they hear 'faux news?' They here a silly taunt, and their past experience tends to lump people who say such things into a stereotypical group of recalcitrant and and condescending bourgeoisie snobs. Now, is this a rational reaction? Not at all. But it's a pervasive one. On the other hand, if you sit people down and walk them through certain falsehoods and misrepresentations, including selective coverage and flat-out lying, it's possible to get them to look at what was once, to them, a staunch defender of their worldview as a flawed mouthpiece. At this point you can point them to more intellectually honest sources, perhaps explaining that no one source of media can ever be taken as the gospel truth. It doesn't always work, but it has a much higher success rate than taunting. Usually I've found that such behavior is more geared towards reinforcing camaraderie amongst the like-minded than it is at honestly convincing a mislead adversary that they have been fooled.
- Hilaire Belloc -
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 10:29:10 PM
At 4/12/2013 9:56:36 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Yes, but what does the Fox news listener here when they hear 'faux news?' They here a silly taunt, and their past experience tends to lump people who say such things into a stereotypical group of recalcitrant and and condescending bourgeoisie snobs. Now, is this a rational reaction? Not at all. But it's a pervasive one. On the other hand, if you sit people down and walk them through certain falsehoods and misrepresentations, including selective coverage and flat-out lying, it's possible to get them to look at what was once, to them, a staunch defender of their worldview as a flawed mouthpiece. At this point you can point them to more intellectually honest sources, perhaps explaining that no one source of media can ever be taken as the gospel truth. It doesn't always work, but it has a much higher success rate than taunting. Usually I've found that such behavior is more geared towards reinforcing camaraderie amongst the like-minded than it is at honestly convincing a mislead adversary that they have been fooled.

Unfortunately, I have personally found that certain segments are immune from rational discourse. I do agree that taunting pretty much guarantees failure in that regard. I just think a small amount of pettiness can be warranted, when backed up, is all.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2013 10:35:06 PM
Also, as I think on it, at least one person I know asked me about it because I don't generally resort to pettiness of that sort, and I at least opened their eyes to the idea that Fox was not the bastion of integrity they thought it was.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 1:33:37 AM

The reason his trial isn't being covered is because the media wants the whole thing swept under the rug. This certainly won't get two weeks of non-stop coverage because it involves unregulated abortion clinics and would force them to explain why such violent killing is unjust moments after birth, yet acceptable at any other time during the pregnancy.
If it was being covered so well how did so many big news consumers not know about it?
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2013 1:38:14 AM
At 4/13/2013 1:33:37 AM, 1Percenter wrote:

The reason his trial isn't being covered is because the media wants the whole thing swept under the rug. This certainly won't get two weeks of non-stop coverage because it involves unregulated abortion clinics and would force them to explain why such violent killing is unjust moments after birth, yet acceptable at any other time during the pregnancy.

You mean because it's about something totally different than what we mean by abortion? Yup.

If it was being covered so well how did so many big news consumers not know about it?
WTH? "big news consumers"?