Total Posts:58|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheist, Progressive Creationism

BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:04:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Okay. This is to atheists who think they are rational, "scientific" people because they believe in evolution (and are also politically progressive). The reason you consider yourself more rational than Creationists is that you think you are able to change your beliefs in the face of new evidence. After all, Creationists deny all of this evidence even though it is quite obvious just because it contradicts pre standing beliefs. Well, progressive atheists, I've got news for you: you are no different.

Evidence has shown that evolution is correct. But, there is also a ton of evidence showing that... central planning is a huge failure, high taxes harm the economy, state run health care systems really don't work that well. In fact, the whole statist economic and social agenda is entirely contrary to what all the evidence shows. But, loud mouthed economic creationists like Paul Krugman just get louder and stronger in their yelling even as their views are shown to be more and more wrong.

Outside of this, we can even look more directly at evolution. The theory of evolution tells us that, yes, behavioral (and mental) differences between races probably have some genetic component. It also tells us that gender is not entirely a social construct. These are all scientific conclusions based on evidence. But, progressives tend to loudly deny these evidence based findings as "racist" or "sexist". No doubt these truths can be abused to suppot racist or sexist ends... and that is very unfortunate. But denying the truth is never a good idea.

The reality is that evidence is very contrary to the entire progressive worldview. Evidence is much kinder to libertarian views. Progressives need to stop pretending they follow the evidence because some people actually have followed the evidence (libertarians) and it leads to a very different place.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:08:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've never seen a progressive say "Hey, I follow the evidence on evolution! Therefore, since I follow the evidence on one thing, I must follow it on another thing."
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:10:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
wow you have way too much time on your hands....lmao
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:10:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:08:08 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I've never seen a progressive say "Hey, I follow the evidence on evolution! Therefore, since I follow the evidence on one thing, I must follow it on another thing."

I think it is safe to say that this has been clearly implied by many progressives.

For instance, a progressive and a conservative are arguing over somethiing having nothing to do with evolution and the progressive may say "You guys don't even believe in evolution, why should we listen to you on anything?"

The clear implication is that, because progressives are more likely to believe in evolution than conservatives, they are more likely to follow the evidence on all issues. THis is entirely false.

On all economic issues, conservatives are much more on the side of evidence than are progressives.
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:11:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Also, got any evidence not from conservative sites to back up your claims?
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:11:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:10:13 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
wow you have way too much time on your hands....lmao

Says the guy who happens to be on to comment whenever I write anything. No way that is a coincidence. You, my friend, waste a lot more time here than I do.
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:12:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:11:05 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
Also, got any evidence not from conservative sites to back up your claims?

First off. Evidence is not rendered useless if it comes from what you would call a conservative site. What matters is whether or not it is correct. SO, correct info from a conservative site is worth as much has evidence from anywhere.

And, yes, I have tons of evidence.
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:16:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:11:32 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:10:13 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
wow you have way too much time on your hands....lmao

Says the guy who happens to be on to comment whenever I write anything. No way that is a coincidence. You, my friend, waste a lot more time here than I do.

lol do you see me throwing out baseless claims and turning them into threads for everyone to laugh at? I mean none of the threads you have started can even be classified as logical, "legalize drunk driving" "Obama is not a Socialist... He's a Fascist" People open up these threads thinking there is going to be a logical stance, but then found wanting because it lacks in substance. And I am always on here, i love the site, the fact you keep posting threads that are irrelevant is just a coincidence indeed.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:18:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:12:47 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:11:05 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
Also, got any evidence not from conservative sites to back up your claims?

First off. Evidence is not rendered useless if it comes from what you would call a conservative site. What matters is whether or not it is correct. SO, correct info from a conservative site is worth as much has evidence from anywhere.


And, yes, I have tons of evidence.

Ah ok would be a great time to start showing some wouldn't you say friend?
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:18:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:16:47 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:11:32 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:10:13 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
wow you have way too much time on your hands....lmao

Says the guy who happens to be on to comment whenever I write anything. No way that is a coincidence. You, my friend, waste a lot more time here than I do.

lol do you see me throwing out baseless claims and turning them into threads for everyone to laugh at? I mean none of the threads you have started can even be classified as logical, "legalize drunk driving" "Obama is not a Socialist... He's a Fascist" People open up these threads thinking there is going to be a logical stance, but then found wanting because it lacks in substance. And I am always on here, i love the site, the fact you keep posting threads that are irrelevant is just a coincidence indeed.

Claiming my threads are illogical when they are not does not make them illogical.

You can repeat "your threads are illogical!!!!!" all you want, but it is still simply untrue.
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:20:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:18:02 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:12:47 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:11:05 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
Also, got any evidence not from conservative sites to back up your claims?

First off. Evidence is not rendered useless if it comes from what you would call a conservative site. What matters is whether or not it is correct. SO, correct info from a conservative site is worth as much has evidence from anywhere.


And, yes, I have tons of evidence.

Ah ok would be a great time to start showing some wouldn't you say friend?

I have given evidence for all of these in the past. It would take me a long time to find them all now.

Give me a claim that you disagree with you want me to give evidence for and I will do it.
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:20:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
And I also see libertarians ignoring the causes of the 1929 stock market crash, and asking to abolish the SEC. And ignoring the effects of a bank closing, and denouncing the FDIC. Don't think you're infallible because you label yourself a libertarian.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:22:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:20:28 PM, drhead wrote:
And I also see libertarians ignoring the causes of the 1929 stock market crash, and asking to abolish the SEC. And ignoring the effects of a bank closing, and denouncing the FDIC. Don't think you're infallible because you label yourself a libertarian.

Actually, it is libertarians who originally pointed out that the Fed was the cause of the great depression and that the New Deal actually held back the economy. The great depression is just another example of libertarians following evidence with progressives denying the clear evidence (FDR saved the economy despite what the evidence says!!)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:22:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:10:13 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
wow you have way too much time on your hands....lmao

Hi. You obviously think that you are somehow "cooler" than other people because you make snarky comments like "you have too much time on your hands." Let me assure you, you aren't. You are nothing more than a troll who goes around desperately trying to act "cooler" than those "other people" who apparently have so much time that they waste it on DDO.

Most people on DDO are strapped for time. Yet, we post here because it is an enjoyable venue where we can discuss our opinions and interact socially with other members. If you feel that you are "too cool" to make threads or post on DDO, you really shouldn't be on the site at all.
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:27:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:22:18 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:28 PM, drhead wrote:
And I also see libertarians ignoring the causes of the 1929 stock market crash, and asking to abolish the SEC. And ignoring the effects of a bank closing, and denouncing the FDIC. Don't think you're infallible because you label yourself a libertarian.

Actually, it is libertarians who originally pointed out that the Fed was the cause of the great depression and that the New Deal actually held back the economy. The great depression is just another example of libertarians following evidence with progressives denying the clear evidence (FDR saved the economy despite what the evidence says!!)

Strawman. The New Deal stopped the depression from getting any worse, but the war was what fixed it.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:27:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:20:04 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:18:02 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:12:47 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:11:05 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
Also, got any evidence not from conservative sites to back up your claims?

First off. Evidence is not rendered useless if it comes from what you would call a conservative site. What matters is whether or not it is correct. SO, correct info from a conservative site is worth as much has evidence from anywhere.


And, yes, I have tons of evidence.

Ah ok would be a great time to start showing some wouldn't you say friend?


I have given evidence for all of these in the past. It would take me a long time to find them all now.

Give me a claim that you disagree with you want me to give evidence for and I will do it.

((Translation)) "Eh i just don't want to show evidence, so will just say it's so and it be da truth"

and the arrogance of libertarians i swear... Sorry if you seem to think that what you view is fact and only your view is fact, which is proven wrong time after time, but just saying it's so doesn't in fact make t true. The whole libertarian thinking is narrow minded, and once you shave the surface lack any real substance, much like the tea party. Sorry if you disagree, but you are entitled to your view, but so is everyone else, that where you fall short, can't see past your own narrow mindedness to see that even you can and are sometimes wrong. I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:28:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:27:36 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:22:18 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:28 PM, drhead wrote:
And I also see libertarians ignoring the causes of the 1929 stock market crash, and asking to abolish the SEC. And ignoring the effects of a bank closing, and denouncing the FDIC. Don't think you're infallible because you label yourself a libertarian.

Actually, it is libertarians who originally pointed out that the Fed was the cause of the great depression and that the New Deal actually held back the economy. The great depression is just another example of libertarians following evidence with progressives denying the clear evidence (FDR saved the economy despite what the evidence says!!)

Strawman. The New Deal stopped the depression from getting any worse, but the war was what fixed it.

Nice false claim. Evidence has been clear that New Deal hurt.
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:30:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:27:45 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:04 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:18:02 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:12:47 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:11:05 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
Also, got any evidence not from conservative sites to back up your claims?

First off. Evidence is not rendered useless if it comes from what you would call a conservative site. What matters is whether or not it is correct. SO, correct info from a conservative site is worth as much has evidence from anywhere.


And, yes, I have tons of evidence.

Ah ok would be a great time to start showing some wouldn't you say friend?


I have given evidence for all of these in the past. It would take me a long time to find them all now.

Give me a claim that you disagree with you want me to give evidence for and I will do it.

((Translation)) "Eh i just don't want to show evidence, so will just say it's so and it be da truth"

and the arrogance of libertarians i swear... Sorry if you seem to think that what you view is fact and only your view is fact, which is proven wrong time after time, but just saying it's so doesn't in fact make t true. The whole libertarian thinking is narrow minded, and once you shave the surface lack any real substance, much like the tea party. Sorry if you disagree, but you are entitled to your view, but so is everyone else, that where you fall short, can't see past your own narrow mindedness to see that even you can and are sometimes wrong. I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.

Well. My worldview is based on evidence. I am part of a reality based community. Not the statist community you belong to that worships state power no matter how much evidence shows it hurts us.
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:30:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:28:54 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:27:36 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:22:18 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:28 PM, drhead wrote:
And I also see libertarians ignoring the causes of the 1929 stock market crash, and asking to abolish the SEC. And ignoring the effects of a bank closing, and denouncing the FDIC. Don't think you're infallible because you label yourself a libertarian.

Actually, it is libertarians who originally pointed out that the Fed was the cause of the great depression and that the New Deal actually held back the economy. The great depression is just another example of libertarians following evidence with progressives denying the clear evidence (FDR saved the economy despite what the evidence says!!)

Strawman. The New Deal stopped the depression from getting any worse, but the war was what fixed it.

Nice false claim. Evidence has been clear that New Deal hurt.

Are you suggesting it would have been better to just leave the economy in the sh!t condition it was in and allow people to lose their savings when banks close?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:32:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:22:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:10:13 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
wow you have way too much time on your hands....lmao

Hi. You obviously think that you are somehow "cooler" than other people because you make snarky comments like "you have too much time on your hands." Let me assure you, you aren't. You are nothing more than a troll who goes around desperately trying to act "cooler" than those "other people" who apparently have so much time that they waste it on DDO.

Most people on DDO are strapped for time. Yet, we post here because it is an enjoyable venue where we can discuss our opinions and interact socially with other members. If you feel that you are "too cool" to make threads or post on DDO, you really shouldn't be on the site at all.

Really? a troll? so because I post that comment, which it seems Rat enjoys creating threads just to spark conflict, now it would be discussion if his threads were based on any real substance, for example, he creates a thread on "legalize drunk driving" then posts as his evidence some libertarians opinion, calling it facts, then he posts someone about Obama being a fascist, yet didn't even get the definition right. who is trying to "act", I am no better or worse then anyone here, but I do speak my mind, you think that is trolling then that is on your i guess, but a troll i'm not sir...
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:32:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:30:53 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:28:54 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:27:36 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:22:18 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:28 PM, drhead wrote:
And I also see libertarians ignoring the causes of the 1929 stock market crash, and asking to abolish the SEC. And ignoring the effects of a bank closing, and denouncing the FDIC. Don't think you're infallible because you label yourself a libertarian.

Actually, it is libertarians who originally pointed out that the Fed was the cause of the great depression and that the New Deal actually held back the economy. The great depression is just another example of libertarians following evidence with progressives denying the clear evidence (FDR saved the economy despite what the evidence says!!)

Strawman. The New Deal stopped the depression from getting any worse, but the war was what fixed it.

Nice false claim. Evidence has been clear that New Deal hurt.

Are you suggesting it would have been better to just leave the economy in the sh!t condition it was in and allow people to lose their savings when banks close?

I am suggesting that we would have been better off had we not taxed the sh!t out of the very people we needed to invest and create jobs, create an environment of regime uncertainty because of a presidetn hostile to business and invetors, and not keptwages artificially high..
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:33:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:32:40 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:30:53 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:28:54 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:27:36 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:22:18 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:28 PM, drhead wrote:
And I also see libertarians ignoring the causes of the 1929 stock market crash, and asking to abolish the SEC. And ignoring the effects of a bank closing, and denouncing the FDIC. Don't think you're infallible because you label yourself a libertarian.

Actually, it is libertarians who originally pointed out that the Fed was the cause of the great depression and that the New Deal actually held back the economy. The great depression is just another example of libertarians following evidence with progressives denying the clear evidence (FDR saved the economy despite what the evidence says!!)

Strawman. The New Deal stopped the depression from getting any worse, but the war was what fixed it.

Nice false claim. Evidence has been clear that New Deal hurt.

Are you suggesting it would have been better to just leave the economy in the sh!t condition it was in and allow people to lose their savings when banks close?

I am suggesting that we would have been better off had we not taxed the sh!t out of the very people we needed to invest and create jobs, create an environment of regime uncertainty because of a presidetn hostile to business and invetors, and not keptwages artificially high..

And what would your alternative solution be?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:34:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:32:29 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:22:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:10:13 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
wow you have way too much time on your hands....lmao

Hi. You obviously think that you are somehow "cooler" than other people because you make snarky comments like "you have too much time on your hands." Let me assure you, you aren't. You are nothing more than a troll who goes around desperately trying to act "cooler" than those "other people" who apparently have so much time that they waste it on DDO.

Most people on DDO are strapped for time. Yet, we post here because it is an enjoyable venue where we can discuss our opinions and interact socially with other members. If you feel that you are "too cool" to make threads or post on DDO, you really shouldn't be on the site at all.

Really? a troll? so because I post that comment, which it seems Rat enjoys creating threads just to spark conflict, now it would be discussion if his threads were based on any real substance, for example, he creates a thread on "legalize drunk driving" then posts as his evidence some libertarians opinion, calling it facts, then he posts someone about Obama being a fascist, yet didn't even get the definition right. who is trying to "act", I am no better or worse then anyone here, but I do speak my mind, you think that is trolling then that is on your i guess, but a troll i'm not sir...

LOL. the funny part is that I was one of the few to get the definition of fascism right on that thread. Have fun in your little bubble!

I'll stay here in reality.
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:35:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:30:41 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:27:45 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:04 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:18:02 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:12:47 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:11:05 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
Also, got any evidence not from conservative sites to back up your claims?

First off. Evidence is not rendered useless if it comes from what you would call a conservative site. What matters is whether or not it is correct. SO, correct info from a conservative site is worth as much has evidence from anywhere.


And, yes, I have tons of evidence.

Ah ok would be a great time to start showing some wouldn't you say friend?


I have given evidence for all of these in the past. It would take me a long time to find them all now.

Give me a claim that you disagree with you want me to give evidence for and I will do it.

((Translation)) "Eh i just don't want to show evidence, so will just say it's so and it be da truth"

and the arrogance of libertarians i swear... Sorry if you seem to think that what you view is fact and only your view is fact, which is proven wrong time after time, but just saying it's so doesn't in fact make t true. The whole libertarian thinking is narrow minded, and once you shave the surface lack any real substance, much like the tea party. Sorry if you disagree, but you are entitled to your view, but so is everyone else, that where you fall short, can't see past your own narrow mindedness to see that even you can and are sometimes wrong. I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.

Well. My worldview is based on evidence. I am part of a reality based community. Not the statist community you belong to that worships state power no matter how much evidence shows it hurts us.

Reality? how in the world could your comments be construed by anyone on DDO to be reality? wild conspiracy?, maybe, reality? no, but i digress, to each their own, but until you actually provide evidence to back you claims (and yes every time you make a thread, or post a claim back it up when asked) or again void of any substance, so opinion, not facts.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:36:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:33:50 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:32:40 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:30:53 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:28:54 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:27:36 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:22:18 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:28 PM, drhead wrote:
And I also see libertarians ignoring the causes of the 1929 stock market crash, and asking to abolish the SEC. And ignoring the effects of a bank closing, and denouncing the FDIC. Don't think you're infallible because you label yourself a libertarian.

Actually, it is libertarians who originally pointed out that the Fed was the cause of the great depression and that the New Deal actually held back the economy. The great depression is just another example of libertarians following evidence with progressives denying the clear evidence (FDR saved the economy despite what the evidence says!!)

Strawman. The New Deal stopped the depression from getting any worse, but the war was what fixed it.

Nice false claim. Evidence has been clear that New Deal hurt.

Are you suggesting it would have been better to just leave the economy in the sh!t condition it was in and allow people to lose their savings when banks close?

I am suggesting that we would have been better off had we not taxed the sh!t out of the very people we needed to invest and create jobs, create an environment of regime uncertainty because of a presidetn hostile to business and invetors, and not keptwages artificially high..

And what would your alternative solution be?

The first thing is "DO NO HARM". The new deal did a lot of harm!

And, after that, create a stable, friendly environment for economic growth.
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:37:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:36:09 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:33:50 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:32:40 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:30:53 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:28:54 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:27:36 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:22:18 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:28 PM, drhead wrote:
And I also see libertarians ignoring the causes of the 1929 stock market crash, and asking to abolish the SEC. And ignoring the effects of a bank closing, and denouncing the FDIC. Don't think you're infallible because you label yourself a libertarian.

Actually, it is libertarians who originally pointed out that the Fed was the cause of the great depression and that the New Deal actually held back the economy. The great depression is just another example of libertarians following evidence with progressives denying the clear evidence (FDR saved the economy despite what the evidence says!!)

Strawman. The New Deal stopped the depression from getting any worse, but the war was what fixed it.

Nice false claim. Evidence has been clear that New Deal hurt.

Are you suggesting it would have been better to just leave the economy in the sh!t condition it was in and allow people to lose their savings when banks close?

I am suggesting that we would have been better off had we not taxed the sh!t out of the very people we needed to invest and create jobs, create an environment of regime uncertainty because of a presidetn hostile to business and invetors, and not keptwages artificially high..

And what would your alternative solution be?


The first thing is "DO NO HARM". The new deal did a lot of harm!

And, after that, create a stable, friendly environment for economic growth.

And how would you go about creating this stable, friendly environment for economic growth? What would your "new deal" package consist of?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:37:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:35:42 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:30:41 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:27:45 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:04 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:18:02 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:12:47 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:11:05 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
Also, got any evidence not from conservative sites to back up your claims?

First off. Evidence is not rendered useless if it comes from what you would call a conservative site. What matters is whether or not it is correct. SO, correct info from a conservative site is worth as much has evidence from anywhere.


And, yes, I have tons of evidence.

Ah ok would be a great time to start showing some wouldn't you say friend?


I have given evidence for all of these in the past. It would take me a long time to find them all now.

Give me a claim that you disagree with you want me to give evidence for and I will do it.

((Translation)) "Eh i just don't want to show evidence, so will just say it's so and it be da truth"

and the arrogance of libertarians i swear... Sorry if you seem to think that what you view is fact and only your view is fact, which is proven wrong time after time, but just saying it's so doesn't in fact make t true. The whole libertarian thinking is narrow minded, and once you shave the surface lack any real substance, much like the tea party. Sorry if you disagree, but you are entitled to your view, but so is everyone else, that where you fall short, can't see past your own narrow mindedness to see that even you can and are sometimes wrong. I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.

Well. My worldview is based on evidence. I am part of a reality based community. Not the statist community you belong to that worships state power no matter how much evidence shows it hurts us.

Reality? how in the world could your comments be construed by anyone on DDO to be reality? wild conspiracy?, maybe, reality? no, but i digress, to each their own, but until you actually provide evidence to back you claims (and yes every time you make a thread, or post a claim back it up when asked) or again void of any substance, so opinion, not facts.

I actually have provided a lot of evidence to support all of my claims. I have for all of the claims on here. I have done it on past threads. I am tired of wasting time finding the same evidence and reposting it.

I asked you to challenge me on a claim you disagree with... you won't do that because you know I will show you for the ignorant piefce of sh!t that you are.
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:39:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:37:41 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:36:09 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:33:50 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:32:40 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:30:53 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:28:54 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:27:36 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:22:18 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:28 PM, drhead wrote:
And I also see libertarians ignoring the causes of the 1929 stock market crash, and asking to abolish the SEC. And ignoring the effects of a bank closing, and denouncing the FDIC. Don't think you're infallible because you label yourself a libertarian.

Actually, it is libertarians who originally pointed out that the Fed was the cause of the great depression and that the New Deal actually held back the economy. The great depression is just another example of libertarians following evidence with progressives denying the clear evidence (FDR saved the economy despite what the evidence says!!)

Strawman. The New Deal stopped the depression from getting any worse, but the war was what fixed it.

Nice false claim. Evidence has been clear that New Deal hurt.

Are you suggesting it would have been better to just leave the economy in the sh!t condition it was in and allow people to lose their savings when banks close?

I am suggesting that we would have been better off had we not taxed the sh!t out of the very people we needed to invest and create jobs, create an environment of regime uncertainty because of a presidetn hostile to business and invetors, and not keptwages artificially high..

And what would your alternative solution be?


The first thing is "DO NO HARM". The new deal did a lot of harm!

And, after that, create a stable, friendly environment for economic growth.

And how would you go about creating this stable, friendly environment for economic growth? What would your "new deal" package consist of?

First off... anything FDR did... don't do that. That stuff held back recovety by about 7 years.

Instead, we needed to get rid of tariffs, cut tax rates (permanently), get rid of excessvie regulations and such.... A natural recovery would occur.

In fact, you don't have to take this on faith. THe 1920 depression had a rapid recovery because Harding and Coolidge cut taxes and spending...
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:41:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:37:54 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:35:42 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:30:41 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:27:45 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:20:04 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:18:02 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:12:47 PM, BigRat wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:11:05 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
Also, got any evidence not from conservative sites to back up your claims?

First off. Evidence is not rendered useless if it comes from what you would call a conservative site. What matters is whether or not it is correct. SO, correct info from a conservative site is worth as much has evidence from anywhere.


And, yes, I have tons of evidence.

Ah ok would be a great time to start showing some wouldn't you say friend?


I have given evidence for all of these in the past. It would take me a long time to find them all now.

Give me a claim that you disagree with you want me to give evidence for and I will do it.

((Translation)) "Eh i just don't want to show evidence, so will just say it's so and it be da truth"

and the arrogance of libertarians i swear... Sorry if you seem to think that what you view is fact and only your view is fact, which is proven wrong time after time, but just saying it's so doesn't in fact make t true. The whole libertarian thinking is narrow minded, and once you shave the surface lack any real substance, much like the tea party. Sorry if you disagree, but you are entitled to your view, but so is everyone else, that where you fall short, can't see past your own narrow mindedness to see that even you can and are sometimes wrong. I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it.

Well. My worldview is based on evidence. I am part of a reality based community. Not the statist community you belong to that worships state power no matter how much evidence shows it hurts us.

Reality? how in the world could your comments be construed by anyone on DDO to be reality? wild conspiracy?, maybe, reality? no, but i digress, to each their own, but until you actually provide evidence to back you claims (and yes every time you make a thread, or post a claim back it up when asked) or again void of any substance, so opinion, not facts.


I actually have provided a lot of evidence to support all of my claims. I have for all of the claims on here. I have done it on past threads. I am tired of wasting time finding the same evidence and reposting it.

I asked you to challenge me on a claim you disagree with... you won't do that because you know I will show you for the ignorant piefce of sh!t that you are.

Again, I disagree with everything you say, now by principle, I'm asking you to show this evidence you claim to have posted all over the place, yet all i have seen is a few links from libertarian sites, which would be the same thing if all i did was link liberal sites and claim them to be facts. now do you have any or not, if you don't i would then ask that you not call me ignorant because so far that burden falls on you.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2013 7:42:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2013 7:32:29 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:22:44 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/15/2013 7:10:13 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
wow you have way too much time on your hands....lmao

Hi. You obviously think that you are somehow "cooler" than other people because you make snarky comments like "you have too much time on your hands." Let me assure you, you aren't. You are nothing more than a troll who goes around desperately trying to act "cooler" than those "other people" who apparently have so much time that they waste it on DDO.

Most people on DDO are strapped for time. Yet, we post here because it is an enjoyable venue where we can discuss our opinions and interact socially with other members. If you feel that you are "too cool" to make threads or post on DDO, you really shouldn't be on the site at all.

Really? a troll? so because I post that comment, which it seems Rat enjoys creating threads just to spark conflict, now it would be discussion if his threads were based on any real substance, for example, he creates a thread on "legalize drunk driving" then posts as his evidence some libertarians opinion, calling it facts,

Using bias as the sole means to discredit something is a blatant ad hominem (using the opinions of the person presenting an argument to discredit it). Bias should prompt one to look for flaws in reasoning, but it is not grounds for dismissing an argument outright.

then he posts someone about Obama being a fascist, yet didn't even get the definition right

The definition of 'fascist' is still a point of much contention and controversy amongst political scientists and historians. There's no way to get the definition 'right'.

who is trying to "act", I am no better or worse then anyone here, but I do speak my mind, you think that is trolling then that is on your i guess, but a troll i'm not sir...

The point is that you drew a line in the sand and said that people like BigRat are wasting their time by posting on DDO while you aren't. This ought to be denounced by anyone on this site as childish, spiteful, and contrary to the very mission of a community meant to bring people together for debate. F-16 was right in doing so.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -