Total Posts:55|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

People Arent Born Gay **

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:06:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
And here is the reason why. Sexual orientation is a choice made by an individual based on reasons that has much to do with their preference. Simple. See this site below for more info.
What do you think DDO.

http://www.wnd.com...
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:10:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Pretty sure that article is satire.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:11:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 9:10:01 AM, Noumena wrote:
Pretty sure that article is satire.

What makes you say that. I mean people make those choices later in life. Not when they are a baby. =)
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:18:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sexual orientation is a inherant instinct that individual act on that has nothing to do with reasons and everything to do with their preference. Simple.

As long as we are making unsupported assertions ;-)
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:20:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 9:18:24 AM, Cermank wrote:
Sexual orientation is a inherant instinct that individual act on that has nothing to do with reasons and everything to do with their preference. Simple.

As long as we are making unsupported assertions ;-)

But do you not notice the reactions that children have when they see people of the same sex kissing or engaging in any intimate activity. They usually look at the two individuals as if they are doing something wrong.
Im sure you did too when you were younger. =()
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:21:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 9:11:26 AM, inferno wrote:
At 4/16/2013 9:10:01 AM, Noumena wrote:
Pretty sure that article is satire.

What makes you say that. I mean people make those choices later in life. Not when they are a baby. =)

Sexual preference is almost certainly epigenetic, meaning that people are naturally born attracted to members of one sex or the other (or sometimes both). Whether one chooses to act on those preferences is a choice but arguing that homosexuality is simply a description of sexual "choices" as opposed to "preferences" is fallacious.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:22:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 9:21:14 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 4/16/2013 9:11:26 AM, inferno wrote:
At 4/16/2013 9:10:01 AM, Noumena wrote:
Pretty sure that article is satire.

What makes you say that. I mean people make those choices later in life. Not when they are a baby. =)

Sexual preference is almost certainly epigenetic, meaning that people are naturally born attracted to members of one sex or the other (or sometimes both). Whether one chooses to act on those preferences is a choice but arguing that homosexuality is simply a description of sexual "choices" as opposed to "preferences" is fallacious.

Do you deny the spiritual aspects of this ?
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:27:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 9:23:29 AM, Cermank wrote:
Are you trolling?

Is he a troll?

No. I am being very serious. Note the two asterisks on my subject matter today.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:43:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
False dichotomy. Even if homosexuality isn't genetic, that doesn't mean it's a choice. There are plenty aspects of identity that are neither genetic nor a choice, for example, your first language.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:46:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 9:43:42 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
False dichotomy. Even if homosexuality isn't genetic, that doesn't mean it's a choice. There are plenty aspects of identity that are neither genetic nor a choice, for example, your first language.

So you believe it to be neutral then.
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 11:00:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Being gay is a sin. God created all people. Why would God want to make a gay person. That is like saying that if a parent could choose a child's trait, they would choose for their child to be a serial killer.
slo1
Posts: 4,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 11:13:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 9:06:08 AM, inferno wrote:
And here is the reason why. Sexual orientation is a choice made by an individual based on reasons that has much to do with their preference. Simple. See this site below for more info.
What do you think DDO.

http://www.wnd.com...

1. I'm pretty certain that I did not choose to be sexually attractive to women. It just happened. In fact, I'm not even sexually attractive to all women, only those that fit within some rough standards. I'm pretty certain I did not wake up on day and decide to be attractive to beautiful women who fit the archetype of beauty, symmetric face, proportionate hips, red lips, etc and not those that have pale skin, grossly overweight, rail thin, etc.

2. I'm very skeptical of any article that talks about sexual attraction and does not include any analysis of how the brain is involved with sexual attraction and how some things trigger attraction and others do not. There are obviously learned and genetic components to sexual attraction. Why not do true scientific analysis rather than opinion based articles?

3. The argument of reproduction no longer holds. We have the technology today to enable to gay men to create an offspring from their genetics. So unless one is a ludite and believes that technology can not be used for reproduction that argument no longer holds weight. Although, it should be said lesbians would not be able to create a male offspring with their genetics.

It is clear that this piece is an opinion piece and uses underlining assumptions which may or may not be true.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 11:13:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 11:00:37 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
Being gay is a sin. God created all people. Why would God want to make a gay person. That is like saying that if a parent could choose a child's trait, they would choose for their child to be a serial killer.

I believe it to be so. Yes, this is a sin and it is immoral.
slo1
Posts: 4,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 11:26:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 11:00:37 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
Being gay is a sin. God created all people. Why would God want to make a gay person. That is like saying that if a parent could choose a child's trait, they would choose for their child to be a serial killer.

With your logic there is only one possible outcome.

A. "God created all people"
B. Therfore God creates people with spinibifida, mulipule scerosis, lukemia, and all other types of horrible diseases, many of them genetic.

Q: Knowing A & B to be true Why would God want to make a person with horrible diseases?
A: He is the biggest dbag that humanity has ever known.

You need to tweak your original premise so unconsciously you don't think of your God as a dbag. Or you need to be OK with that and believe like the Westboro Baptist Church that God does not love everyone, only those that obey him.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 11:26:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 11:00:37 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
Being gay is a sin. God created all people. Why would God want to make a gay person. That is like saying that if a parent could choose a child's trait, they would choose for their child to be a serial killer.

I find it head-bangingly irritating that you just compared homosexuality to murder.
TheElderScroll
Posts: 643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 11:26:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 9:06:08 AM, inferno wrote:
And here is the reason why. Sexual orientation is a choice made by an individual based on reasons that has much to do with their preference. Simple. See this site below for more info.
What do you think DDO.

http://www.wnd.com...

However, according to APA:
There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.
http://www.apa.org...

So no one knows the answer for sure.
TheElderScroll
Posts: 643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 11:35:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 11:00:37 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
Being gay is a sin. God created all people. Why would God want to make a gay person. That is like saying that if a parent could choose a child's trait, they would choose for their child to be a serial killer.

So if God created all people, why wound't God want to make a gay person? Are you suggesting that gay person is not a part of "all people" created by God?
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 11:37:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 11:35:19 AM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 4/16/2013 11:00:37 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
Being gay is a sin. God created all people. Why would God want to make a gay person. That is like saying that if a parent could choose a child's trait, they would choose for their child to be a serial killer.

So if God created all people, why wound't God want to make a gay person? Are you suggesting that gay person is not a part of "all people" created by God?

He meant that God did not create us as being gay. Again, this is a conscious choice. You should not be so naive to think that people who are gay, dont wanna be. Because actually they do.
TheElderScroll
Posts: 643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 11:42:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 11:37:04 AM, inferno wrote:
At 4/16/2013 11:35:19 AM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 4/16/2013 11:00:37 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
Being gay is a sin. God created all people. Why would God want to make a gay person. That is like saying that if a parent could choose a child's trait, they would choose for their child to be a serial killer.

So if God created all people, why wound't God want to make a gay person? Are you suggesting that gay person is not a part of "all people" created by God?

He meant that God did not create us as being gay. Again, this is a conscious choice. You should not be so naive to think that people who are gay, dont wanna be. Because actually they do.

Yet, according to APA (see my previous post), "There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation." Besides, "both heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras." Therefore, whether being a gay is not a conscious choice is somewhat subject to debate.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 11:49:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 11:42:14 AM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 4/16/2013 11:37:04 AM, inferno wrote:
At 4/16/2013 11:35:19 AM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 4/16/2013 11:00:37 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
Being gay is a sin. God created all people. Why would God want to make a gay person. That is like saying that if a parent could choose a child's trait, they would choose for their child to be a serial killer.

So if God created all people, why wound't God want to make a gay person? Are you suggesting that gay person is not a part of "all people" created by God?

He meant that God did not create us as being gay. Again, this is a conscious choice. You should not be so naive to think that people who are gay, dont wanna be. Because actually they do.

Yet, according to APA (see my previous post), "There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation." Besides, "both heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras." Therefore, whether being a gay is not a conscious choice is somewhat subject to debate.

I believe that this science is indeed fallible. There is nothing conclusive under the sun unless we know for a fact the obvious. Do you also deny the spiritual aspect of this ?
TheElderScroll
Posts: 643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 12:59:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 11:49:01 AM, inferno wrote:

I believe that this science is indeed fallible. There is nothing conclusive under the sun unless we know for a fact the obvious. Do you also deny the spiritual aspect of this ?

Nay. I would't deny the spiritual aspect of this, nor would I affirm it. Science is indeed fallible, but what I am trying to conclude is that no one knows if people are born gay or not. The article you have cited, therefore, may not prove your case conclusively. But it seems one thing is certain: "The prejudice and discrimination that people who identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual regularly experience have been shown to have negative psychological effects."
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 1:01:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 12:59:39 PM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 4/16/2013 11:49:01 AM, inferno wrote:

I believe that this science is indeed fallible. There is nothing conclusive under the sun unless we know for a fact the obvious. Do you also deny the spiritual aspect of this ?

Nay. I would't deny the spiritual aspect of this, nor would I affirm it. Science is indeed fallible, but what I am trying to conclude is that no one knows if people are born gay or not. The article you have cited, therefore, may not prove your case conclusively. But it seems one thing is certain: "The prejudice and discrimination that people who identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual regularly experience have been shown to have negative psychological effects."

Yes, the psychological effects are noticed. Im not for discrimination. But the truth must be told in a way that the opposing side can reason with.
You are contradicting yourself when you try and legitimize homosexuality as being something that people are born with. You are creating another scenario for yourself that is very unecessary.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 1:05:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 9:23:29 AM, Cermank wrote:
Are you trolling?

Is he a troll?

He is a comedic genius.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 1:12:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 1:05:00 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/16/2013 9:23:29 AM, Cermank wrote:
Are you trolling?

Is he a troll?

He is a comedic genius.

No. I am an anomaly. =)
TheElderScroll
Posts: 643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 1:17:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 1:01:50 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/16/2013 12:59:39 PM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 4/16/2013 11:49:01 AM, inferno wrote:

I believe that this science is indeed fallible. There is nothing conclusive under the sun unless we know for a fact the obvious. Do you also deny the spiritual aspect of this ?

Nay. I would't deny the spiritual aspect of this, nor would I affirm it. Science is indeed fallible, but what I am trying to conclude is that no one knows if people are born gay or not. The article you have cited, therefore, may not prove your case conclusively. But it seems one thing is certain: "The prejudice and discrimination that people who identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual regularly experience have been shown to have negative psychological effects."

Yes, the psychological effects are noticed. Im not for discrimination. But the truth must be told in a way that the opposing side can reason with.
You are contradicting yourself when you try and legitimize homosexuality as being something that people are born with. You are creating another scenario for yourself that is very unecessary.

Oh, No. I am not trying to argue that homosexuality should be legitimized or some of the sort, but I can see where you drew that conclusion from. Yet, we may say that "The prejudice and discrimination" constitutes a valid reason to legitimize homosexuality, so I am not contradicting myself. It just supplies additional evidence.

Regardless, there is simply no conclusive evidence to prove that People aren't born gay. So what's truth? We have no clue.
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 1:17:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 9:20:26 AM, inferno wrote:
At 4/16/2013 9:18:24 AM, Cermank wrote:
Sexual orientation is a inherant instinct that individual act on that has nothing to do with reasons and everything to do with their preference. Simple.

As long as we are making unsupported assertions ;-)

But do you not notice the reactions that children have when they see people of the same sex kissing or engaging in any intimate activity. They usually look at the two individuals as if they are doing something wrong.
Im sure you did too when you were younger. =()

Not true, since i have just as many gay friends as i do straight friends. every child i have seen does not act in any manor good or bad towards it. that has to do with the parents and their reactions.

However a child is not born gay or straight, but later in life they make their own decisions. My brother for example is gay, he was raised in a good home, with good values, i asked him one day why he was gay given the life he was raised and his response was what changed my mind about the issue. He said "it wasn't what I seen, or told, but a feeling i just had, i dated girls, but didn't feel connected to them, I dated men, and i felt a true connection to them"

See for the homophobic out there, all they think is what goes on in the bedroom, and they find it disgusting, yet i have seen some of the greatest relationships come from gay couples who rival most straight couples i know.

So while they may not be born gay, they are also not born straight either, so really why does it matter, people should be allowed to feel how they want.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 2:43:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 1:34:48 PM, lindseyloo92 wrote:
Gay people are the bomb dot com. I don't care if they were born gay or not, it's their private business.

If you say so. =)