Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Senate Obliterates All Gun Control

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 6:05:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yeah, because benign background checks designed to target criminals only is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

"obliterates"
"destroys"
"utterly devastates"
"Shot down"

I was wrong yesterday. You don't speak like an uppity teenager. You speak like an angsty 11 year old. You're 24...I really do think you have some retarded maturity.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 6:11:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Manchin-Toomey bill, while benign in intention, would have allowed the Federal government to determine who's mentally ill and then retroactively take your guns. It would inject the Federal government into online purchases. I applaud it for banning a gun registry, but it simply makes it more difficult for law-abiding citizens and does nothing to deter criminals.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 6:46:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

lol funny given no 2nd amendment rights were going to be violated, if it did get shot down, it was due to fear-mongering, not because facts were used.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
FoxBat
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 6:51:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 6:46:40 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

lol funny given no 2nd amendment rights were going to be violated, if it did get shot down, it was due to fear-mongering, not because facts were used.

Fear mongering is what put that ridiculous bill in the Senate in the first place. Its reactionary, knee jerk and would not have stopped the last 3 massacre's.

So the pragmatics win.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 6:54:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 6:51:18 PM, FoxBat wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:46:40 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

lol funny given no 2nd amendment rights were going to be violated, if it did get shot down, it was due to fear-mongering, not because facts were used.

Fear mongering is what put that ridiculous bill in the Senate in the first place. Its reactionary, knee jerk and would not have stopped the last 3 massacre's.

So the pragmatics win.

Your reasoning is unforgivably idiotic. If you consider it benign to your own beliefs but know that it would be accepted by others as a proactive step toward stopping tragedies like Newtown, then why the hell wound't you support it? Why would you go out of your way to see it fail? If you know that 90+ percent of America supports it and it's no skin off your nose, then why the hell would you lobby against it?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 6:58:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 6:51:18 PM, FoxBat wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:46:40 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

lol funny given no 2nd amendment rights were going to be violated, if it did get shot down, it was due to fear-mongering, not because facts were used.

Fear mongering is what put that ridiculous bill in the Senate in the first place. Its reactionary, knee jerk and would not have stopped the last 3 massacre's.

So the pragmatics win.

really, given that after HR5533 was allowed to expire in 2004, mass shootings increased as well as the number of dead, the number of wounded, and the number of bullets used doubled, if not tripled. so for you to say that it wouldn't have stopped the last 3 is not factual, it may have, it may not have, but you can bet the number of wounded and dead would have been less. And again when that was law, it was not unconstitutional.

To this day there is no proof given on how any of it was unconstitutional, just a bunch of fear mongering from the right and the NRA "they be taken your guns" just to score political points, and to drive up the sale of guns.

prove any of it was unconstitutional please.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
FoxBat
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 7:15:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 6:58:02 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:51:18 PM, FoxBat wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:46:40 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

lol funny given no 2nd amendment rights were going to be violated, if it did get shot down, it was due to fear-mongering, not because facts were used.

Fear mongering is what put that ridiculous bill in the Senate in the first place. Its reactionary, knee jerk and would not have stopped the last 3 massacre's.

So the pragmatics win.

really, given that after HR5533 was allowed to expire in 2004, mass shootings increased as well as the number of dead, the number of wounded, and the number of bullets used doubled, if not tripled. so for you to say that it wouldn't have stopped the last 3 is not factual, it may have, it may not have, but you can bet the number of wounded and dead would have been less. And again when that was law, it was not unconstitutional.

To this day there is no proof given on how any of it was unconstitutional, just a bunch of fear mongering from the right and the NRA "they be taken your guns" just to score political points, and to drive up the sale of guns.

prove any of it was unconstitutional please.

LOL..

HR 5533 ?

IF your talking about the assault weapons ban it's common knowledge it did nothing in the 10 years it was implemented to curb crime. I'm going to take your statement that it's expiration caused more deaths as what it is . A opinion not based in subjective research.

Now was the new law going to be unconstitutional ? Do I really need to post the second amendment ?

Look, let the courts enforce the existing laws and then we'll talk about new ones later.

And Obama should stop using people grieving as political tools. It's shameful and disgusting.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 7:19:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 7:24:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I really don't like appeals to the Constitution. If there is something wrong with it, it may be amended.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 7:24:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 7:15:19 PM, FoxBat wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:58:02 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:51:18 PM, FoxBat wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:46:40 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

lol funny given no 2nd amendment rights were going to be violated, if it did get shot down, it was due to fear-mongering, not because facts were used.

Fear mongering is what put that ridiculous bill in the Senate in the first place. Its reactionary, knee jerk and would not have stopped the last 3 massacre's.

So the pragmatics win.

really, given that after HR5533 was allowed to expire in 2004, mass shootings increased as well as the number of dead, the number of wounded, and the number of bullets used doubled, if not tripled. so for you to say that it wouldn't have stopped the last 3 is not factual, it may have, it may not have, but you can bet the number of wounded and dead would have been less. And again when that was law, it was not unconstitutional.

To this day there is no proof given on how any of it was unconstitutional, just a bunch of fear mongering from the right and the NRA "they be taken your guns" just to score political points, and to drive up the sale of guns.

prove any of it was unconstitutional please.

LOL..

HR 5533 ?

IF your talking about the assault weapons ban it's common knowledge it did nothing in the 10 years it was implemented to curb crime. I'm going to take your statement that it's expiration caused more deaths as what it is . A opinion not based in subjective research.

Now was the new law going to be unconstitutional ? Do I really need to post the second amendment ?

Look, let the courts enforce the existing laws and then we'll talk about new ones later.

And Obama should stop using people grieving as political tools. It's shameful and disgusting.

Feel free to do the math http://www.motherjones.com... I already did. And i didn't say it stopped all gun violence, but it did curb the deaths from mass shootings and wounded, as proof by how it increased after the ban was lifted. So not opinion....fact.

Also again i noticed nobody gave any mention to how any of the proposals would have been unconstitutional.

Oh you mean like Bush did after 9/11 to start 2 wars?
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 7:26:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Liberals think that free men like George Washington would ask King George, "sir, can I please buy a gun? I have no mental illness and no bad intentions."

"Ok, Mr. Washington, our records show that you are a good boy with no mental illness, proceed to buy your gun."

"Thanks King George, let me proceed to worship you, I promise I won't use it for wrong."

WRONG. George Washington armed himself and blasted anyone who tried to violate his rights.

================

Background check = asking for permission, getting approval from government authority
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 7:27:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
also just posting the 2nd amendment without giving any reason for how it violates the 2nd amendment is nothing more then ignorant opinion. I say ignorant because if you can't say how it violates the amendment, but just post the quote, you have no idea of what the 2nd amendment is, nor do you understand what has already been ruled on the 2nd amendment by the SCOTUS.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 9:17:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 6:05:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Yeah, because benign background checks designed to target criminals only is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

"obliterates"
"destroys"
"utterly devastates"
"Shot down"

I was wrong yesterday. You don't speak like an uppity teenager. You speak like an angsty 11 year old. You're 24...I really do think you have some retarded maturity.

Big brother should not feel the need to make any gun laws. A gun is a piece of metal. Whoever came up with the idea of regulating this piece of metal was a moron. A gun is no more dangerous than a knife, screwdriver, or even chemicals and fertilizers that could be used to make a bomb. Let us also not forget about cars. They cause more deaths every day than guns cause in a year. You think twenty kids in Newtown is bad, how about two thousand plus kids who get killed in a car every year.
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 9:18:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 6:11:05 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Manchin-Toomey bill, while benign in intention, would have allowed the Federal government to determine who's mentally ill and then retroactively take your guns. It would inject the Federal government into online purchases. I applaud it for banning a gun registry, but it simply makes it more difficult for law-abiding citizens and does nothing to deter criminals.

That is what the voice of reason sounds like!
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 9:39:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 9:17:41 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:05:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Yeah, because benign background checks designed to target criminals only is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

"obliterates"
"destroys"
"utterly devastates"
"Shot down"

I was wrong yesterday. You don't speak like an uppity teenager. You speak like an angsty 11 year old. You're 24...I really do think you have some retarded maturity.

Big brother should not feel the need to make any gun laws. A gun is a piece of metal. Whoever came up with the idea of regulating this piece of metal was a moron. A gun is no more dangerous than a knife, screwdriver, or even chemicals and fertilizers that could be used to make a bomb. Let us also not forget about cars. They cause more deaths every day than guns cause in a year. You think twenty kids in Newtown is bad, how about two thousand plus kids who get killed in a car every year.

You're an idiot - and that's the extent of respect this post deserves.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
ishallannoyyo
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 9:46:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 7:26:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Liberals think that free men like George Washington would ask King George, "sir, can I please buy a gun? I have no mental illness and no bad intentions."

"Ok, Mr. Washington, our records show that you are a good boy with no mental illness, proceed to buy your gun."

"Thanks King George, let me proceed to worship you, I promise I won't use it for wrong."

WRONG. George Washington armed himself and blasted anyone who tried to violate his rights.

================

Background check = asking for permission, getting approval from government authority

Yes, because that is exactly what happened and we should all do that, shouldn't we? Just shoot all the criminals.
ishallannoyyo
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 9:50:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

The 2nd Amendment is outdated, was created to fight the British, and has no real place in today's society anymore. All the gun-loving Americans like Alex Jones should (IMO) rethink their position. America has the highest reported crime rate ANYWHERE in the world.

http://www.nationmaster.com...

America has the HIGHEST gun ownership rate in the world.

http://www.guardian.co.uk...

How can more guns possibly deter crimes considering what Americans already have???
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2013 10:00:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 9:50:06 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

The 2nd Amendment is outdated, was created to fight the British, and has no real place in today's society anymore. All the gun-loving Americans like Alex Jones should (IMO) rethink their position. America has the highest reported crime rate ANYWHERE in the world.

http://www.nationmaster.com...

America has the HIGHEST gun ownership rate in the world.

http://www.guardian.co.uk...

How can more guns possibly deter crimes considering what Americans already have???

If you graph guns per capita against gun murders per capita by nation you get an extremely weak NEGATIVE correlation. You have one data point, one variable of which is irrelevant to your point (total crime rate). However, gun deaths do correlate overwhelmingly with two other variables: poverty and high school graduation rates. But it's much easier to whine about guns for a few months whenever people who aren't poor minorities are shot than it is to deal with the underlying issues. That way we can go back to pretending that gun violence isn't problem in few weeks, despite the corpses piling up in destitute areas, because middle-class white kids aren't being killed. I've seen this dog-and-pony show enough times to know how it ends, and it's really starting to get sickening.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 2:44:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 9:50:06 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

The 2nd Amendment is outdated, was created to fight the British,

It was ratified after we defeated the British you idiot.

and has no real place in today's society anymore.

Then why do we use guns in war? I thought guns are obsolete.

The fact is, a heavily armed populace ensures that a tyrannical government doesn't trample them. It's called balance of power. Even having a slight disadvantage discourages confidence.

All the gun-loving Americans like Alex Jones should (IMO) rethink their position. America has the highest reported crime rate ANYWHERE in the world.

http://www.nationmaster.com...

Alex Jones compiled all the statistics on his website, you need to rethink your position. I have an entire thread dedicated to refuting that false claim.

Where is all the crime in America happening? Chicago and Washington D.C. you peabrain, the cities with near total gun bans and gun control.

America has the HIGHEST gun ownership rate in the world.

Sweden also has a high gun ownership rate, where's all the violence?

http://www.guardian.co.uk...

How can more guns possibly deter crimes considering what Americans already have???

Disarmed/unarmed citizens creates victims of crimes. Guns are used 100,000 times per year in self-defense to save lives.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
1Percenter
Posts: 782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 6:38:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 6:54:56 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:51:18 PM, FoxBat wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:46:40 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

lol funny given no 2nd amendment rights were going to be violated, if it did get shot down, it was due to fear-mongering, not because facts were used.

Fear mongering is what put that ridiculous bill in the Senate in the first place. Its reactionary, knee jerk and would not have stopped the last 3 massacre's.

So the pragmatics win.

Your reasoning is unforgivably idiotic. If you consider it benign to your own beliefs but know that it would be accepted by others as a proactive step toward stopping tragedies like Newtown, then why the hell wound't you support it? Why would you go out of your way to see it fail? If you know that 90+ percent of America supports it and it's no skin off your nose, then why the hell would you lobby against it?

The more the left goes on about how this bill had 90% support, the more useless the bill looks. Really, you had a bill with 90% support -- something pretty much unheard of -- and democrats couldn't even get all of their own party to go along with it?
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 7:33:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ya anyone know where this 90% support number came from? I find it hard to believe congress would so blatantly vote against something 90% of Americans were supposedly for.
If 90% support for the bill existed there would be no reason they'd feel that going along with it would hurt their re election chances, exactly the opposite.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
FoxBat
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 7:43:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 6:54:56 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:51:18 PM, FoxBat wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:46:40 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

lol funny given no 2nd amendment rights were going to be violated, if it did get shot down, it was due to fear-mongering, not because facts were used.

Fear mongering is what put that ridiculous bill in the Senate in the first place. Its reactionary, knee jerk and would not have stopped the last 3 massacre's.

So the pragmatics win.

Your reasoning is unforgivably idiotic. If you consider it benign to your own beliefs but know that it would be accepted by others as a proactive step toward stopping tragedies like Newtown, then why the hell wound't you support it? Why would you go out of your way to see it fail? If you know that 90+ percent of America supports it and it's no skin off your nose, then why the hell would you lobby against it?

Idiotic is the Narrative, based on demagogy and fear mongering, that uses people who have just experienced a horrible loss as puppets, to push a law that WAS NEVER MEANT TO PASS.

You get it ? Obama knew that ridiculous law would never get through the House, it was a political ploy, a wedge issue and you can't be so stupid as to think it was actually dreamed up to make anyone safer ( which it wouldn't have )

So you libs got your asses handed to you, good. Get used to it. All that energy, time wasted on a stupid and dishonest Narrative, on a bill that was put in place so the Democrats could use the House vote against the Republicans in 2014.

Sorry your party's manipulations didn't work this time.
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 7:59:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 6:54:56 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:51:18 PM, FoxBat wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:46:40 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

lol funny given no 2nd amendment rights were going to be violated, if it did get shot down, it was due to fear-mongering, not because facts were used.

Fear mongering is what put that ridiculous bill in the Senate in the first place. Its reactionary, knee jerk and would not have stopped the last 3 massacre's.

So the pragmatics win.

Your reasoning is unforgivably idiotic. If you consider it benign to your own beliefs but know that it would be accepted by others as a proactive step toward stopping tragedies like Newtown, then why the hell wound't you support it? Why would you go out of your way to see it fail? If you know that 90+ percent of America supports it and it's no skin off your nose, then why the hell would you lobby against it?

"If you know that 90+ percent of America supports it?" I never met anyone who supported it. What is your source for 90%
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 4:05:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 6:05:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Yeah, because benign background checks designed to target criminals only is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

It is to us, the criminals that can't get guns.
Tell me, why should I be unallowed to own a gun (to hunt or protect my family or home) because of a stupid thing I did 12 years ago when I was 18?


"obliterates"
"destroys"
"utterly devastates"
"Shot down"

I was wrong yesterday. You don't speak like an uppity teenager. You speak like an angsty 11 year old. You're 24...I really do think you have some retarded maturity.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 4:08:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/18/2013 7:33:33 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya anyone know where this 90% support number came from? I find it hard to believe congress would so blatantly vote against something 90% of Americans were supposedly for.
If 90% support for the bill existed there would be no reason they'd feel that going along with it would hurt their re election chances, exactly the opposite.

I think it is in reference to a poll, which asks if there should be background checks for gun sales. This by no means means the bill had 90% support, only that one aspect of it did.
My work here is, finally, done.
TheElderScroll
Posts: 643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 12:35:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Certainly not all of the Gun Control measurements (2 amendments received overwhelmingly majority vote) and the bill can be re-introducted later on if the potential filibuster is cleared.
lannan13
Posts: 23,107
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 1:03:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/17/2013 5:58:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The Senate destroyed the background check bill, the assault weapons ban, the magazine clip ban, and private sales ban.

Obama and Feinstein utterly devastated because they couldn't track our 2nd Amendment utilization.

The Ted Cruz Missile shot down arguments in favor of violating the 2nd Amendment.

'Public opinion gets trumped in gun control defeat'
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 2:22:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/19/2013 4:05:29 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 4/17/2013 6:05:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
Yeah, because benign background checks designed to target criminals only is a violation of the 2nd Amendment.

It is to us, the criminals that can't get guns.
Tell me, why should I be unallowed to own a gun (to hunt or protect my family or home) because of a stupid thing I did 12 years ago when I was 18?



"obliterates"
"destroys"
"utterly devastates"
"Shot down"

I was wrong yesterday. You don't speak like an uppity teenager. You speak like an angsty 11 year old. You're 24...I really do think you have some retarded maturity.

Seriously? Former criminals should own guns? I give up on Americans. People who think like you are the cause of so many of our problems. Moron.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
TheElderScroll
Posts: 643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2013 2:47:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/18/2013 7:33:33 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya anyone know where this 90% support number came from? I find it hard to believe congress would so blatantly vote against something 90% of Americans were supposedly for.
If 90% support for the bill existed there would be no reason they'd feel that going along with it would hurt their re election chances, exactly the opposite.

90% is in reference to the background check provision, not the entire bill which, of course, consists of many provisions.