Jump to topic:

Soldier Ilgally Detained

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:52:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Huh, interesting video. The guy obviously knows his stuff, while the cops do not.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:52:42 PM
Illegally*

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 9:20:58 PM
I'll agree that he does.

However, the way he went about dealing with the officers was really stupid. I think there's a difference between being assertive about your rights, and just acting aggressive/with an attitude.

I'm not even saying that because I think the officer deserves it as an authority figure, but just because chances are you're going to get less accomplished by being more aggressive. If he were more polite and explanatory versus just saying "Does it matter," he may not have been arrested.

Again, I don't think police deserve more respect because they're authority, but because at the end of the day you are dealing with just another person, and treating them with that basic respect actually can go really far.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 9:37:17 PM
At 4/21/2013 9:20:58 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I'll agree that he does.

However, the way he went about dealing with the officers was really stupid. I think there's a difference between being assertive about your rights, and just acting aggressive/with an attitude.

I'm not even saying that because I think the officer deserves it as an authority figure, but just because chances are you're going to get less accomplished by being more aggressive. If he were more polite and explanatory versus just saying "Does it matter," he may not have been arrested.

Again, I don't think police deserve more respect because they're authority, but because at the end of the day you are dealing with just another person, and treating them with that basic respect actually can go really far.

Get less accomplished? You wouldn't have watched the video if he had politely bowed to authority.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 9:55:05 PM
I'll agree that he does.

There are two types of cops in this world:
The Andy Taylors
and the Barney Fifes
The Andy's deserve respect and admiration. The Barney's deserve what this man gave them. They are idiots who deserved to be disciplined or fired.
What was the verdict on this by the way.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 9:59:55 PM
How disgusting
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 10:01:17 PM
At 4/21/2013 9:55:05 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
I'll agree that he does.

There are two types of cops in this world:
The Andy Taylors
and the Barney Fifes
The Andy's deserve respect and admiration. The Barney's deserve what this man gave them. They are idiots who deserved to be disciplined or fired.
What was the verdict on this by the way.

No idea, I just saw this today.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 5:22:13 PM
At 4/21/2013 9:37:17 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I'll agree that he does.

Get less accomplished? You wouldn't have watched the video if he had politely bowed to authority.

I never said he should have bowed to authority. I have seen videos where the person diffused the situation sans arrest without essentially yelling at the cop.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 9:34:13 PM
I get so angry watching videos like this. The myth of authority is such a powerful, perverting force.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.