Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

The Folly of "Universal Education"

jimtimmy2
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 9:43:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Our modern school system is based on the Prussian model of education. This was originated by Otto Von Bismarck in 19th century Prussia. This education system is quite fascistic and nationalistic in nature.

The original purpose of this model was not the utilitarian goal of giving skills to future workers (which our awful education system does not do) or the liberal goal of having a well educated or informed public (another thing our education system fails to do). No, the goal was to promote loyalty to the Prussian state.

Our modern education system is not nationalistic in the same way that Prussia's was. It is hard to argue that it promotes, in any way, what one might call traditional American values (supposedly the defense of classically liberal principles). However, it does promote a pro state, anti white propaganda that forces loyalty to egalitarian , statist causes.

In science, we learn that all racial differences are social constructs (false), gender is really a social construct (false), and that global warming (or climate change) is a human caused phenomenon that can be stopped by state action (false). In history, we learn that white men are the most evil force in the history of the world (the opposite is true) and that the expansion of the state has been a good thing in reducing inequity and creating stability (both false). Anyone who disagrees with these false notions are portrayed as reactionary racists

It is an egalitarian propaganda based on entirely false information. It is a new nationalism that doesn't promote a certain nation but a set of irrational principles. The public school system is truly an embarrassment.
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 9:45:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/23/2013 9:43:14 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
Our modern school system is based on the Prussian model of education. This was originated by Otto Von Bismarck in 19th century Prussia. This education system is quite fascistic and nationalistic in nature.

The original purpose of this model was not the utilitarian goal of giving skills to future workers (which our awful education system does not do) or the liberal goal of having a well educated or informed public (another thing our education system fails to do). No, the goal was to promote loyalty to the Prussian state.

Our modern education system is not nationalistic in the same way that Prussia's was. It is hard to argue that it promotes, in any way, what one might call traditional American values (supposedly the defense of classically liberal principles). However, it does promote a pro state, anti white propaganda that forces loyalty to egalitarian , statist causes.

In science, we learn that all racial differences are social constructs (false), gender is really a social construct (false), and that global warming (or climate change) is a human caused phenomenon that can be stopped by state action (false). In history, we learn that white men are the most evil force in the history of the world (the opposite is true) and that the expansion of the state has been a good thing in reducing inequity and creating stability (both false). Anyone who disagrees with these false notions are portrayed as reactionary racists

It is an egalitarian propaganda based on entirely false information. It is a new nationalism that doesn't promote a certain nation but a set of irrational principles. The public school system is truly an embarrassment.

I'll bet you're the same guy that created the Anti-Athiest account. Just a theory of mine.
Tsar of DDO
jimtimmy2
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 9:49:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/23/2013 9:45:00 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/23/2013 9:43:14 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
Our modern school system is based on the Prussian model of education. This was originated by Otto Von Bismarck in 19th century Prussia. This education system is quite fascistic and nationalistic in nature.

The original purpose of this model was not the utilitarian goal of giving skills to future workers (which our awful education system does not do) or the liberal goal of having a well educated or informed public (another thing our education system fails to do). No, the goal was to promote loyalty to the Prussian state.

Our modern education system is not nationalistic in the same way that Prussia's was. It is hard to argue that it promotes, in any way, what one might call traditional American values (supposedly the defense of classically liberal principles). However, it does promote a pro state, anti white propaganda that forces loyalty to egalitarian , statist causes.

In science, we learn that all racial differences are social constructs (false), gender is really a social construct (false), and that global warming (or climate change) is a human caused phenomenon that can be stopped by state action (false). In history, we learn that white men are the most evil force in the history of the world (the opposite is true) and that the expansion of the state has been a good thing in reducing inequity and creating stability (both false). Anyone who disagrees with these false notions are portrayed as reactionary racists

It is an egalitarian propaganda based on entirely false information. It is a new nationalism that doesn't promote a certain nation but a set of irrational principles. The public school system is truly an embarrassment.

I'll bet you're the same guy that created the Anti-Athiest account. Just a theory of mine.

Perhaps.
YYW
Posts: 36,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 10:05:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/23/2013 9:49:16 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
At 4/23/2013 9:45:00 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/23/2013 9:43:14 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
Our modern school system is based on the Prussian model of education. This was originated by Otto Von Bismarck in 19th century Prussia. This education system is quite fascistic and nationalistic in nature.

The original purpose of this model was not the utilitarian goal of giving skills to future workers (which our awful education system does not do) or the liberal goal of having a well educated or informed public (another thing our education system fails to do). No, the goal was to promote loyalty to the Prussian state.

Our modern education system is not nationalistic in the same way that Prussia's was. It is hard to argue that it promotes, in any way, what one might call traditional American values (supposedly the defense of classically liberal principles). However, it does promote a pro state, anti white propaganda that forces loyalty to egalitarian , statist causes.

In science, we learn that all racial differences are social constructs (false), gender is really a social construct (false), and that global warming (or climate change) is a human caused phenomenon that can be stopped by state action (false). In history, we learn that white men are the most evil force in the history of the world (the opposite is true) and that the expansion of the state has been a good thing in reducing inequity and creating stability (both false). Anyone who disagrees with these false notions are portrayed as reactionary racists

It is an egalitarian propaganda based on entirely false information. It is a new nationalism that doesn't promote a certain nation but a set of irrational principles. The public school system is truly an embarrassment.

I'll bet you're the same guy that created the Anti-Athiest account. Just a theory of mine.

Perhaps.

It's only a matter of time now...
Tsar of DDO
APB
Posts: 267
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 10:15:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/23/2013 9:43:14 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
Our modern school system is based on the Prussian model of education. This was originated by Otto Von Bismarck in 19th century Prussia. This education system is quite fascistic and nationalistic in nature.

The original purpose of this model was not the utilitarian goal of giving skills to future workers (which our awful education system does not do) or the liberal goal of having a well educated or informed public (another thing our education system fails to do). No, the goal was to promote loyalty to the Prussian state.

Our modern education system is not nationalistic in the same way that Prussia's was. It is hard to argue that it promotes, in any way, what one might call traditional American values (supposedly the defense of classically liberal principles). However, it does promote a pro state, anti white propaganda that forces loyalty to egalitarian , statist causes.

In science, we learn that all racial differences are social constructs (false), gender is really a social construct (false), and that global warming (or climate change) is a human caused phenomenon that can be stopped by state action (false). In history, we learn that white men are the most evil force in the history of the world (the opposite is true) and that the expansion of the state has been a good thing in reducing inequity and creating stability (both false). Anyone who disagrees with these false notions are portrayed as reactionary racists

It is an egalitarian propaganda based on entirely false information. It is a new nationalism that doesn't promote a certain nation but a set of irrational principles. The public school system is truly an embarrassment.

Education and government are the only places that bleeding-heart liberals can ever have successful careers.
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 12:50:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/23/2013 9:43:14 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
Our modern school system is based on the Prussian model of education. This was originated by Otto Von Bismarck in 19th century Prussia. This education system is quite fascistic and nationalistic in nature.

Ooh, big F bomb here. So scary.

The original purpose of this model was not the utilitarian goal of giving skills to future workers (which our awful education system does not do) or the liberal goal of having a well educated or informed public (another thing our education system fails to do). No, the goal was to promote loyalty to the Prussian state.

And we adapted it to our own purpose, if your assertion is true. What's your point?

Our modern education system is not nationalistic in the same way that Prussia's was. It is hard to argue that it promotes, in any way, what one might call traditional American values (supposedly the defense of classically liberal principles). However, it does promote a pro state, anti white propaganda that forces loyalty to egalitarian , statist causes.

Ah, another tale of the oppressed white man. I see it coming.

In science, we learn that all racial differences are social constructs (false),

We learn that a lot of them are simply cultural differences. You don't inherit an accent. And if you adopted someone from another country and raised them as an American, chances are they'd assimilate pretty well. African-Americans haven't been known for their magnificent economic background, you know.

gender is really a social construct (false),

If you define gender as the role someone takes on in society (as opposed to biological sex), then yes, a large part of it is. Certain colors being masculine or feminine is an example I like to cite. Pink was a popular color for boys until the 1920s. Now it is popular for girls. If things can change like that on a whim, it's a social construct.

and that global warming (or climate change) is a human caused phenomenon that can be stopped by state action (false).

I will never understand the ignorance of your kind. We have shown the greenhouse effects of carbon dioxide. How could you POSSIBLY, in ANY CONCEIVABLE STRAIN OF RATIONAL THOUGHT, think that OUR ACTIONS HAVE NO CONSEQUENCES? How could any rational person think that pumping a known greenhouse gas into our atmosphere is not a bad thing?

In history, we learn that white men are the most evil force in the history of the world (the opposite is true)

What, do you think that the Native Americans deserved to be wiped out or something? Or that Africans deserved enslavement and Europeans getting all up in their economic affairs? No race has a sparkling clean record - white people are no exception.

and that the expansion of the state has been a good thing in reducing inequity and creating stability (both false).

Strange, I don't remember that in my economics class.

Anyone who disagrees with these false notions are portrayed as reactionary racists

Gee, I wonder why.

It is an egalitarian propaganda based on entirely false information.

No, it teaches known facts derived from observation. You know, actual science?

It is a new nationalism that doesn't promote a certain nation but a set of irrational principles. The public school system is truly an embarrassment.

So, to sum it up:
P1. Schools teach science.
P2. I don't like this science, it makes my head hurt and I disagree with it despite lacking any real understanding of it.
C1. Therefore, science has a liberal bias.
P3. Also, fascism. And PRUSSIA! And EGALITARIAN PROPAGANDA!!!
C2. Therefore, the school system is flawed.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Suqua
Posts: 433
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 8:24:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/23/2013 9:43:14 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:
Our modern school system is based on the Prussian model of education. This was originated by Otto Von Bismarck in 19th century Prussia. This education system is quite fascistic and nationalistic in nature.

The original purpose of this model was not the utilitarian goal of giving skills to future workers (which our awful education system does not do) or the liberal goal of having a well educated or informed public (another thing our education system fails to do). No, the goal was to promote loyalty to the Prussian state.

Our modern education system is not nationalistic in the same way that Prussia's was. It is hard to argue that it promotes, in any way, what one might call traditional American values (supposedly the defense of classically liberal principles). However, it does promote a pro state, anti white propaganda that forces loyalty to egalitarian , statist causes.

In science, we learn that all racial differences are social constructs (false), gender is really a social construct (false), and that global warming (or climate change) is a human caused phenomenon that can be stopped by state action (false). In history, we learn that white men are the most evil force in the history of the world (the opposite is true) and that the expansion of the state has been a good thing in reducing inequity and creating stability (both false). Anyone who disagrees with these false notions are portrayed as reactionary racists

It is an egalitarian propaganda based on entirely false information. It is a new nationalism that doesn't promote a certain nation but a set of irrational principles. The public school system is truly an embarrassment.

School systems were set up to fill the need of the industrial revelution. They needed a certain kind of worker, only enough info for the work needed to be done in the factory.
Aned
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 11:13:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
We need to come together and create and standarized education. Private schools work as businesses, and make parents waste money by teaching obsolete religious precepts to children. They use history to embellish our past instead of learning from past experiences.
Something is failing in the school system, and one consequence is the fact that all of the recent mass killing massacres have been perpetrated by students, maybe thinking that they will live a second life after dying, which is absurd and ridiculous. But that is what religious schools teach, Muslims and Christians, that there is life after death, without presenting evidence to support it.
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 4:42:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 11:13:33 AM, Aned wrote:
We need to come together and create and standarized education. Private schools work as businesses, and make parents waste money by teaching obsolete religious precepts to children. They use history to embellish our past instead of learning from past experiences.

Are you arguing that the state needs to crack down on contractual exchanges and force schools to teach state approved curricula?

Something is failing in the school system, and one consequence is the fact that all of the recent mass killing massacres have been perpetrated by students, maybe thinking that they will live a second life after dying, which is absurd and ridiculous. But that is what religious schools teach, Muslims and Christians, that there is life after death, without presenting evidence to support it.

Are you seriously insinuating that school shootings are caused by..religion? Pick up a book some time.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 9:59:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 4:42:41 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/24/2013 11:13:33 AM, Aned wrote:
Something is failing in the school system, and one consequence is the fact that all of the recent mass killing massacres have been perpetrated by students, maybe thinking that they will live a second life after dying, which is absurd and ridiculous. But that is what religious schools teach, Muslims and Christians, that there is life after death, without presenting evidence to support it.

Are you seriously insinuating that school shootings are caused by..religion? Pick up a book some time.

I have to agree. And no, don't pick up THAT book.

Anyway, isn't it a bit odd to see someone arguing that religion is the cause? I've seen people argue that it is because we've taken religion out of schools, but not this.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 10:54:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 9:59:29 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/24/2013 4:42:41 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 4/24/2013 11:13:33 AM, Aned wrote:
Something is failing in the school system, and one consequence is the fact that all of the recent mass killing massacres have been perpetrated by students, maybe thinking that they will live a second life after dying, which is absurd and ridiculous. But that is what religious schools teach, Muslims and Christians, that there is life after death, without presenting evidence to support it.

Are you seriously insinuating that school shootings are caused by..religion? Pick up a book some time.

I have to agree. And no, don't pick up THAT book.

Anyway, isn't it a bit odd to see someone arguing that religion is the cause? I've seen people argue that it is because we've taken religion out of schools, but not this.

I think the idea that we're having school shootings because we stopped forcing kids to say the Lords Prayer is pretty absurd too. I have no idea what happened to cause these things but I think we can rest assured religion isnt that cause
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right