Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beck/Palin 2012.

MistahKurtz
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 10:39:19 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
"I can envision a couple of different combinations if ever I were to consider running for anything in the future. But Glenn Beck I have great respect for. He's a hoot. And he's so bold — I have to respect that."

-Sarah Palin.
http://www.newser.com...

That's right. Sarah 'Helicopter Huntin' Palin and Glenn 'Water Fluoridation' Beck, running for the most important position in the world. Expect to hear more in the next few days when Beck unleashes his crazy right-wing 9/12 plan.

So let's assume this happens. There are, in my mind, two possible scenarios.

-Given their that their popularity is on the rise among Republicans, the GOP cowtoes to someone who they think can actually win and nominates them on the Republican ticket. With Fox doing their bidding and acting all ga-ga over the two, they do well among hardcore Conservatives but get completely crushed outside of crazyland.

-They get thoroughly rejected by the GOP for being completely insane so they run on a 'Conservative' ticket and take 5 to 10 points away from the Republicans in key areas and allow the Democrats to break into the bible belt, giving Obama a bigger mandate to govern for another 4 years.

So what do you guys think? Will it happen? Will the world really end in 2012 if they do?
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 10:59:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 10:40:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Are you seriously suggesting a Beck/Palin ticket? Or is this just for laughs?

I'm assuming the latter.

He will never do it... he slips up all of the time.
He said, "Thank God i am not the president and will never be the president..." on "the view."
MistahKurtz
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 11:08:08 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
No, I sincerely believe that these two are suffering such large delusions of grandeur that they would do just this sort of crazy stunt. Palin is obviously considering running again, but the GOP is not going to let her unless there is absolutely no other more viable candidate. Beck's fans are certainly advocating it, and he seems to really believe what he's saying. If he wants his rhetoric to match his record, he has to do something.

and there will certainly be others. Dobbs is considering running in some capacity, and I'm sure Hannity is mulling it over. Believe me; this Tea Party movement is going to moving to something bigger.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 11:15:33 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I would hope that Beck never runs as a candidate. He isn't particularly intelligent or brilliant. I wouldn't want Palin either. We don't need fundamentalists in the white house.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 12:06:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 11:15:33 AM, wjmelements wrote:
I would hope that Beck never runs as a candidate. He isn't particularly intelligent or brilliant. I wouldn't want Palin either. We don't need fundamentalists in the white house.

Yeah...
Clockwork
Posts: 349
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 1:26:38 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
The American public in general, including conservatives, are gradually moving towards liberalized social ideas, as has been the trend for the near entirety of the nation. By putting someone like Beck or Limbaugh or Palin or any fundamentalist in the election seat, the GOP will lose many of the more center-oriented Republican voting bloc.
Felonial Disenfranchisement: http://www.debate.org...
Poverty v. Environmental Protection: http://www.debate.org...
On God and Free Will: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 1:40:44 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At first I thought this was serious until I read the other comments. God help us all if Glenn Beck ever did become the US president...
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 2:58:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 2:55:39 PM, Volkov wrote:
Instead of creating a new thread, I'm hijacking this one.

http://www.cbc.ca...

Sarah Palin book review! :D Guess what - she's a dolt!

Not reading that book. I don't know why FNC thinks it will be such a success.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 2:59:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Never make TV Personalities Hosts:

Boris Johnson - Mayor of London
Arnold Schwarzenegger - Governor of California.

+Palin scares me.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 3:03:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 2:58:43 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Not reading that book. I don't know why FNC thinks it will be such a success.

Because they do the bidding of the Republican Party, or its base.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 3:19:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 2:58:43 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Not reading that book. I don't know why FNC thinks it will be such a success.
Where did they say this?

Also, this clip is pretty funny. MSNBC will do anything to turn a book signing into conservative bashing. One of MSNBC's highest rankings news reporters ambushes a teenage girl. Norah went on to claim that this girl voted for Palin, but the girl is 17, so she couldn't vote. Just imagine if the media actually questioned politicians like this. Also, insert what if Fox did it hypothetical here: What is Fox ambushed a 17 year old girl at an Obama book signing: Did you know that Obama launched his career out of an admitted domestic terrorist's home?!?!??

Also, see Glenn Beck's 100 year plan: http://www.glennbeck.com...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 3:21:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 3:19:20 PM, Nags wrote:
Also, see Glenn Beck's 100 year plan: http://www.glennbeck.com...

Lol. I am so convinced this guy is just a satirist.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 3:23:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 3:03:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/21/2009 2:58:43 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Not reading that book. I don't know why FNC thinks it will be such a success.

Because they do the bidding of the Republican Party, or its base.

i am half way through it... it is ok so far... funny...

i am going to meet her tomorrow...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 3:29:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 3:23:06 PM, comoncents wrote:
i am going to meet her tomorrow...

Well, thats superb. Ask her where Toronto is. If you have a camrecorder, take it and then send it in to Rick Mercer, who makes his living out of making Americans seem ignorant:
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 3:31:16 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
naaaa, they don't allow anything like that... you even have to turn off your phone... crazy, but makes sense for her.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 3:41:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 3:29:55 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/21/2009 3:23:06 PM, comoncents wrote:
i am going to meet her tomorrow...

Well, thats superb. Ask her where Toronto is. If you have a camrecorder, take it and then send it in to Rick Mercer, who makes his living out of making Americans seem ignorant:

That is amazingly awesome... love it...
I knew the answers and would have caught it...

funny though.
And if i did not know, i would not answer it.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 4:09:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 3:29:55 PM, Volkov wrote:
Well, thats superb. Ask her where Toronto is. If you have a camrecorder, take it and then send it in to Rick Mercer, who makes his living out of making Americans seem ignorant:

I didn't find that funny at all. The reporter, Rick Mercer, was telling them supposed facts, and then the people just repeated them. Sure, they should've known - but it wasn't too funny.

This is hilarious though.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 4:51:26 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 4:09:59 PM, Nags wrote:
I didn't find that funny at all. The reporter, Rick Mercer, was telling them supposed facts, and then the people just repeated them. Sure, they should've known - but it wasn't too funny.

Hey, Nags - did you know we just got our third area code? XD

But, really. It was quite amusing - especially the ones with politicians, though I think Huckabee knew what was going on, and Bush was just too flustered to notice.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 4:52:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I don't know anyone who has a speck of intelligence would support this disaster of a ticket.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2009 5:12:27 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 10:39:19 AM, MistahKurtz wrote:
"I can envision a couple of different combinations if ever I were to consider running for anything in the future. But Glenn Beck I have great respect for. He's a hoot. And he's so bold — I have to respect that."

-Sarah Palin.
http://www.newser.com...

That's right. Sarah 'Helicopter Huntin' Palin and Glenn 'Water Fluoridation' Beck, running for the most important position in the world. Expect to hear more in the next few days when Beck unleashes his crazy right-wing 9/12 plan.

So let's assume this happens. There are, in my mind, two possible scenarios.

-Given their that their popularity is on the rise among Republicans, the GOP cowtoes to someone who they think can actually win and nominates them on the Republican ticket. With Fox doing their bidding and acting all ga-ga over the two, they do well among hardcore Conservatives but get completely crushed outside of crazyland.

-They get thoroughly rejected by the GOP for being completely insane so they run on a 'Conservative' ticket and take 5 to 10 points away from the Republicans in key areas and allow the Democrats to break into the bible belt, giving Obama a bigger mandate to govern for another 4 years.


So what do you guys think? Will it happen? Will the world really end in 2012 if they do?

Are you serious? It would behoove me to see them both on a ticket. I'm still stumped that people are taking Plin seriously. Are the Republicans that desperate to win?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2009 9:11:28 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/21/2009 4:52:24 PM, johngriswald wrote:
I don't know anyone who has a speck of intelligence would support this disaster of a ticket.

Supporting stupid politicians doesn't mean you are like them. It can also mean you regard the intentions of all available politicians as bad for you and the lack of intelligence displayed by these particular politicians as a sign that they will be less capable of enacting those intentions.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
MistahKurtz
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2009 1:14:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I realize all of you are outraged at this insult of a ticket, but you have to understand that if DDO ran the world, things would be much better.

Unfortunately, the unwashed masses demand suffrage and some of them like morons like Palin and Beck.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2009 1:38:05 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Lets get some a moderate republican and independent ticket.

Snowe + Lieberman 2012
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2009 3:06:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
There is no concievable way that Glenn Beck would stand a chance with that ticket.

He has a pseudo-political show in which he says extremely crazy things, and though that works to get him ratings as an entertainer (and a following of some crazies that take him seriously), it would be terrible for him in regards to running for office.

Think about the clips of Jeremiah Wright that the media dug up to criticize Obama and then think about the hours of embarrassing footage of Glenn Beck acting like a moron on his show, constantly contradicting himself, that would make it impossible for him to seriously get elected.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2009 9:31:52 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/22/2009 9:11:28 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 11/21/2009 4:52:24 PM, johngriswald wrote:
I don't know anyone who has a speck of intelligence would support this disaster of a ticket.

Supporting stupid politicians doesn't mean you are like them. It can also mean you regard the intentions of all available politicians as bad for you and the lack of intelligence displayed by these particular politicians as a sign that they will be less capable of enacting those intentions.

Isn't that what good judgement is about?....If you are smart enouigh to vote for what the country needs, rather than voting for a ticket that is out of some lunatics mind?....
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2009 9:46:17 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/22/2009 3:06:13 PM, Harlan wrote:
There is no conceivable way that Glenn Beck would stand a chance with that ticket.

He has a pseudo-political show in which he says extremely crazy things, and though that works to get him ratings as an entertainer (and a following of some crazies that take him seriously), it would be terrible for him in regards to running for office.

Think about the clips of Jeremiah Wright that the media dug up to criticize Obama and then think about the hours of embarrassing footage of Glenn Beck acting like a moron on his show, constantly contradicting himself, that would make it impossible for him to seriously get elected.

I don't think that Glenn Beck, and Jeremiah Wright deserve to be in the same category. I personally have never watched Beck's show, but have seen clips of him, and heard a few interviews.

I guess me being a black man in America can see where Rev. Wright was coming from. He was surely fired up in those sermons, but the average American is so out of tough with reality as it exists that it isn't funny. Jeremian Wright served in the military which we claim to be in support of, but treat them like yesterday's garbage when they finish their tour of duty.THE TRUTH IS LIKE A SWORD EDGED SWORD. We complain about the media being propagandists, yet would take someone like Beck who himself is an entertainer serious, or Limbaugh.

I try to look at things in an objective manner, but how objective do you need to be when the proof is before your eyes? Every four years we vacillate between two "in cahoots parties" who speak unpleasantries on the Senate floor, and are at the local bars in D.C. at night. Using the same call girl services, all politicians are rich, yet say they are for the people. Even the most compassionate person is tempted by special interests an lobbyists.

Who the hell in their right mind would pout Palin in office?How dare anyone say she just needs work, and then she could run. The whole election of 08 was focused on discouraging people from voting for an inexperienced Obama, but not too many eyes were raised in the GOP for the pathetic ticket of McCain/Palin. Some people need to put whatever they are sipping down.
MistahKurtz
Posts: 400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2009 9:52:30 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/22/2009 1:38:05 PM, johngriswald wrote:
Lets get some a moderate republican and independent ticket.

Snowe + Lieberman 2012

The irony of this is that such a ticket would incite wackos like Beck to run. Beck had never really endorsed a candidate in any race until NY-23 where he just pumped Hoffman over Scozzafava. There is a very loud, very unstable wing of the GOP who are demanding that their voice of "populism" be louder than everyone else's at the expense of their own party. They wouldn't think twice about running on a third party ticket, even if it means that the other side wins. They see themselves as uncompromising visionaries who are inadvertently (or otherwise) aiding the corporate interests that they think they are railing against. These people will give people like Beck and Palin the grassroots support while the businesses will give the necessary funds.

A third party will be a spoiler in 2012. It can either mess up the GOP's chances in one or two states with fringey parties (i.e. the Libertarians) or it can be a large movement trumpeted by Fox and spoil the entire election.