Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Libertarians Are Reactionary Morons

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 5:27:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Rand Paul makes one comment on Cavuto and half the Libertarians throw dirt in his face. The Libertarian torchbearer is running towards the finish line and Libertarians shoot him in the foot and then want to cry when a Democrat wins the Presidency.

They have no critical thinking abilities, no sense of judgement, they just want to jump all over Rand Paul miniscule remarks they don't understand even though he has a perfect voting record.

The downfall of Rand Paul won't be the Democrats or Republican establishment, it will be the Libertarians and Anarchists.

Libertarians like suicide and losing and trashing their own candidate. Heck, maybe I should just join the Conservatives, they aren't reactionary morons, they at least give their candidates a fair shot even if they aren't ideologically pure.

Libertarians are just "anarchy or nothing" yet don't even understand the difference between suspect and active shooter.

The most remarkable thing is that Rands comments not new, he said the exact same thing in his filibuster and they cheered it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 5:36:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
That title....how apropos.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 5:42:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 5:36:04 PM, 000ike wrote:
That title....how apropos.

Maybe he contemplated this post for a long time....you don't know :P
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 5:46:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Who exactly are the libertarians mad at Rand?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 6:01:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 5:46:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Who exactly are the libertarians mad at Rand?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 6:14:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 6:01:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:46:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Who exactly are the libertarians mad at Rand?

YYW just made a thread about this yesterday.

I defended Rand's mess up of words, and quoted the statement he made after that. But the thread drifted to philosophy at that point so my words were mostly ignored.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 6:21:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 5:27:53 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Rand Paul makes one comment on Cavuto and half the Libertarians throw dirt in his face. The Libertarian torchbearer is running towards the finish line and Libertarians shoot him in the foot and then want to cry when a Democrat wins the Presidency.

They have no critical thinking abilities, no sense of judgement, they just want to jump all over Rand Paul miniscule remarks they don't understand even though he has a perfect voting record.

The downfall of Rand Paul won't be the Democrats or Republican establishment, it will be the Libertarians and Anarchists.

Libertarians like suicide and losing and trashing their own candidate. Heck, maybe I should just join the Conservatives, they aren't reactionary morons, they at least give their candidates a fair shot even if they aren't ideologically pure.

Libertarians are just "anarchy or nothing" yet don't even understand the difference between suspect and active shooter.

The most remarkable thing is that Rands comments not new, he said the exact same thing in his filibuster and they cheered it.



This is one of your better posts I've seen in a while, imo.

Rand Paul potentially has the chance to rally the Republicans, the Libertarians and the Evangelical factions of the right to crush the liberals in 2016 (should he choose to run for office). But a vast majority of the libertarian movement seems to chastise their allies just as much as their true opponents -- those who are actively eroding the Constitution rather than upholding it. Their naivety is an embarrassment to their entire ideology.

Now I don't agree with Rand on a few things, but that's a reality for EVERY politician! Libertarians would hate him if he ever became president because he would have to compromise to accomplish anything, and that would drive them berzerk.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 6:37:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Sen. Rand Paul's latest statements on the use of drones in the United States, which caused some outrage among his loyal group of Libertarian followers, aren't a shift in position, the Kentucky Republican explained in a statement Tuesday."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 6:42:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 6:01:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:46:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Who exactly are the libertarians mad at Rand?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 6:50:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 5:46:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Who exactly are the libertarians mad at Rand?

Everyone on Facebook including prominent Libertarian Facebook groups and pages. Even conspiracy pages threw dirt on him.

Sexy Libertarian among the groups being him. It's quite pitiful. I've had to battle morons and educate them about nuances. The hilarious thing is that the statements he said in his filibuster that everyone cheered are the same statements from Cavuto they are lashing out at him for. They obviously never paid attention to his filibuster begin with.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 6:55:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 6:50:37 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:46:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Who exactly are the libertarians mad at Rand?

Everyone on Facebook including prominent Libertarian Facebook groups and pages. Even conspiracy pages threw dirt on him.

Sexy Libertarian among the groups being him. It's quite pitiful. I've had to battle morons and educate them about nuances. The hilarious thing is that the statements he said in his filibuster that everyone cheered are the same statements from Cavuto they are lashing out at him for. They obviously never paid attention to his filibuster begin with.

Come on, people on facebook and facebook groups?
I've got a better title,
"people who argue politics on facebook are reactionary morons"
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 7:01:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 5:27:53 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Rand Paul makes one comment on Cavuto and half the Libertarians throw dirt in his face. The Libertarian torchbearer is running towards the finish line and Libertarians shoot him in the foot and then want to cry when a Democrat wins the Presidency.

They have no critical thinking abilities, no sense of judgement, they just want to jump all over Rand Paul miniscule remarks they don't understand even though he has a perfect voting record.

The downfall of Rand Paul won't be the Democrats or Republican establishment, it will be the Libertarians and Anarchists.

Libertarians like suicide and losing and trashing their own candidate. Heck, maybe I should just join the Conservatives, they aren't reactionary morons, they at least give their candidates a fair shot even if they aren't ideologically pure.

Libertarians are just "anarchy or nothing" yet don't even understand the difference between suspect and active shooter.

The most remarkable thing is that Rands comments not new, he said the exact same thing in his filibuster and they cheered it.



I don't think this is a problem unique to libertarians, Geo. I think that when it comes to politics, most people are fatalistically jaded, and reprehensibly quick to condemn even the slightest appearance of contradiction. However, even though it's ironic that you're lamenting a lack of solidarity among libertarians, I understand it.
Tsar of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 7:13:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 6:55:05 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 4/24/2013 6:50:37 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:46:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Who exactly are the libertarians mad at Rand?

Everyone on Facebook including prominent Libertarian Facebook groups and pages. Even conspiracy pages threw dirt on him.

Sexy Libertarian among the groups being him. It's quite pitiful. I've had to battle morons and educate them about nuances. The hilarious thing is that the statements he said in his filibuster that everyone cheered are the same statements from Cavuto they are lashing out at him for. They obviously never paid attention to his filibuster begin with.

Come on, people on facebook and facebook groups?
I've got a better title,
"people who argue politics on facebook are reactionary morons"

Facebook is not some isolated group in a cave, these are real people. Facebook is basically everyone.

The distinction of course is your average Libertarian vs. Popular Libertarians. The leaders of the movement have been far more sensible.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 7:33:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 7:13:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/24/2013 6:55:05 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 4/24/2013 6:50:37 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:46:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Who exactly are the libertarians mad at Rand?

Everyone on Facebook including prominent Libertarian Facebook groups and pages. Even conspiracy pages threw dirt on him.

Sexy Libertarian among the groups being him. It's quite pitiful. I've had to battle morons and educate them about nuances. The hilarious thing is that the statements he said in his filibuster that everyone cheered are the same statements from Cavuto they are lashing out at him for. They obviously never paid attention to his filibuster begin with.

Come on, people on facebook and facebook groups?
I've got a better title,
"people who argue politics on facebook are reactionary morons"

Facebook is not some isolated group in a cave, these are real people. Facebook is basically everyone.

The distinction of course is your average Libertarian vs. Popular Libertarians. The leaders of the movement have been far more sensible.

You didn't make any distinction, make a thread every time somebody says something stupid on facebook.

You just couldn't be more wrong, using 'people on facebook' as the support of your claim, that's about the dumbest thing I've heard.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
sadolite
Posts: 8,836
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 8:01:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Libertarians Are Reactionary Morons" End of any meaningfull intellectual dialog, end of thread, pointless post, nations population even further divided with even less in common.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
emospongebob527
Posts: 790
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 9:33:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/24/2013 6:01:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 4/24/2013 5:46:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Who exactly are the libertarians mad at Rand?
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 10:14:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Geo, nearly every respected, contemporary Libertarian theorist, economist, and activist disagrees with you. Milton Friedman's son and grandson disagree with you, Walter Block disagrees with you, Bob Murphy Disagrees with you, Stephan Kinsella disagrees with you, Lew Rockwell disagrees with you, Jeffrey Tucker disagrees with you, Bryan Caplan disagrees with you, John Bush disagrees with you, Matt Zwolinski disagrees with you, Chase Rachels disagrees with you, etc. Does it give you any pause for thought that the most intelligent and passionate defenders of Libertarianism disagree that voting is an effective way to achieve a free society?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.