Jump to topic:

TERRORlSM

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 12:10:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
What percent of terrorism do you think is Islamic ideology and what percent is US military interventionism?

I'd have to go 33% and 66%.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 1:52:44 AM
At 4/25/2013 12:10:21 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
What percent of terrorism do you think is Islamic ideology and what percent is US military interventionism?

It's probably more like +/-10% and +/-90%. I can't imagine that many terrorist acts would be committed against US troops had our government not oppressed, overthrown and exploited them for 50 years prior to 9/11. You also have to consider that Islamic Ideology supposedly only advocates attacking people that fvck with their land and people, so it's arguable that nigh 100% of the terrorism can be attributed to US interventionism.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 2:07:58 AM
So in that sense it wouldn't be terrorism, they'd be justly defending their land. Right?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 2:11:11 AM
At 4/25/2013 2:07:58 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
So in that sense it wouldn't be terrorism, they'd be justly defending their land. Right?

Kinda yeah, although the reality is never that clear cut. Obviously stuff like the 9/11 attack doesn't reasonably qualify as defense but many attacks on American soldiers overseas probably would.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Lizard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 6:12:52 PM
The Lizard thinks we'd first have to define terrorism. I've yet to see a definition of terrorism that doesn't better suit the actions of the U.S. than the actions of the people we've been told are terrorists. I'm not saying that these guys are righteous freedom-fighters or anything, but we create a lot of our own problems in this area, so in a way a good deal of the terrorism they perpetrate also counts as terrorism on our part, since we pushed them into it.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 6:54:27 PM

Huh? I don't understand.

Islam only accounts for a fraction of terrorist groups. Most of them are based on nationalities, ethnicity, separatist movements, social movements (e.g. anarchy/communism) or mixtures (many pro-palestine terrorist organizations incorporated marxist theory).
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 8:13:35 PM
At 4/25/2013 6:54:27 PM, Wnope wrote:

Huh? I don't understand.

Islam only accounts for a fraction of terrorist groups. Most of them are based on nationalities, ethnicity, separatist movements, social movements (e.g. anarchy/communism) or mixtures (many pro-palestine terrorist organizations incorporated marxist theory).

I think he meant terrorist groups that target the United States. But indeed, most incidences of terrorism occurs as a result of ethnic/border conflict.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 8:17:16 PM
At 4/25/2013 8:13:35 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/25/2013 6:54:27 PM, Wnope wrote:

Huh? I don't understand.

I think he meant terrorist groups that target the United States. But indeed, most incidences of terrorism occurs as a result of ethnic/border conflict.
Tsar of DDO