Jump to topic:

Obama Must Be Arrested Immediately

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 11:13:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Obama ignores Fast and Furious subpoena and refuses to comply with Congressional investigation. Congress has accused the administration of organizing and carrying out serious crimes under the Fast and Furious project. The president absolutely must comply with the Congressional investigation, according to a U.S. Justice Department lawyer.

It was reported back in 2012 that members of Congress were alarmed that Obama administration officials had been threatening retaliation against the whistleblowers who exposed the government"s decision to traffic weapons to Mexican drug cartels.

http://news.yahoo.com...
http://dailycaller.com...

Barack Hussein Obama needs to be put behind bars in the slammer immediately at Guantanamo Bay.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 11:22:28 AM
At 4/25/2013 11:16:08 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
How about not.

He has committed crimes that are arrestable offenses. If we did what he did, we would be arrested.

Why should he not be arrested.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
proglib
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 11:49:36 AM
At 4/25/2013 11:31:02 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
This is why we love you, Geo.

Ditto :D

Did St. Lawrence really say that?
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 1:10:23 PM
That's why you want him arrested? I thought murdering thousands overseas was more objectionable, but whatevs.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 2:12:50 PM
At 4/25/2013 1:10:23 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
That's why you want him arrested? I thought murdering thousands overseas was more objectionable, but whatevs.

As much as I oppose his drone strikes, in fact I was the loudest one decrying them, there isn't much to prosecute because it can be dismissed as "war and collateral," none of which are illegal.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 2:14:07 PM
I've been saying Obama needs to be in jail for quite some time, not new.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 2:25:40 PM
At 4/25/2013 2:12:50 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/25/2013 1:10:23 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

As much as I oppose his drone strikes, in fact I was the loudest one decrying them, there isn't much to prosecute because it can be dismissed as "war and collateral," none of which are illegal.

He's the commander of the armed forces. He has every right to dictate how military assets are used, since that is part of his job. He could also get a manned plane to do it if he wanted to. How would that be any different? Not very different, other than the fact that it is risking (unnecessarily in this case) an American life. Are you saying you'd rather have more of us killed?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 2:38:08 PM
At 4/25/2013 2:25:40 PM, drhead wrote:
At 4/25/2013 2:12:50 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

He's the commander of the armed forces. He has every right to dictate how military assets are used, since that is part of his job. He could also get a manned plane to do it if he wanted to. How would that be any different? Not very different, other than the fact that it is risking (unnecessarily in this case) an American life. Are you saying you'd rather have more of us killed?

What are you talking about, did you even read what I wrote? When did I say drone technology is bad? When did I say the President is not commander-in-chief? C'mon.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 2:46:12 PM
At 4/25/2013 11:13:37 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama ignores Fast and Furious subpoena and refuses to comply with Congressional investigation. Congress has accused the administration of organizing and carrying out serious crimes under the Fast and Furious project. The president absolutely must comply with the Congressional investigation, according to a U.S. Justice Department lawyer.

It was reported back in 2012 that members of Congress were alarmed that Obama administration officials had been threatening retaliation against the whistleblowers who exposed the government"s decision to traffic weapons to Mexican drug cartels.

Barack Hussein Obama needs to be put behind bars in the slammer immediately at Guantanamo Bay.

The president cannot be arrested federally, unless he is first impeached. States can have the president arrested for crimes against their state, but before he can be held accountable for those crimes he must be impeached.

Being arrested is not the same as being held accountable. Before an elected official can be held accountable for their crimes, they either must be impeached or leave office.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 2:58:09 PM
At 4/25/2013 2:46:12 PM, DanT wrote:
The president cannot be arrested federally, unless he is first impeached. States can have the president arrested for crimes against their state, but before he can be held accountable for those crimes he must be impeached.

Being arrested is not the same as being held accountable. Before an elected official can be held accountable for their crimes, they either must be impeached or leave office.

So if Obama goes on a mass shooting spree the police will just have to stand by and watch and wait for Congress to impeach him? What if Obama goes to Texas door to door and steals guns, sheriffs can't arrest him?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 3:03:24 PM
At 4/25/2013 2:58:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

So if Obama goes on a mass shooting spree the police will just have to stand by and watch and wait for Congress to impeach him? What if Obama goes to Texas door to door and steals guns, sheriffs can't arrest him?

he said the Feds can't arrest him.

however.. of course, they too could if they wanted to...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 3:06:10 PM
At 4/25/2013 3:03:24 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

he said the Feds can't arrest him.

however.. of course, they too could if they wanted to...

False. He said states can't either unless he is first impeached.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 3:11:19 PM
At 4/25/2013 3:06:10 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

ummm.... I like the bolded and all...

but try reading the underlined.

"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 3:14:05 PM
At 4/25/2013 3:11:19 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 4/25/2013 3:06:10 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

ummm.... I like the bolded and all...

but try reading the underlined.

now, I'm not commenting on the law, as I don't know it...

But the guy said he can be arrested by the states, but not held accountable...
and then made that more explicit by saying that 'being arrested' and 'being held acccountable' are not the same thing.

Metaphysics:
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 5:06:07 PM

That is an incredibly silly question to ask. We make laws based on reality, not ridiculous fantasy scenarios that somebody made up to try and make a point. The President has the secret service surrounding him at all times. They won't let him walk 10 feet without checking the area first and they certainly won't let him have a gun. Christ they wouldn't even let him keep his blackberry when he got elected. I don't think we need to sit around and pass laws for what will happen if he goes on a shooting spree. We have real issues to concern ourselves with.

But to entertain your question, no they can't arrest him. Imagine our commander in chief sitting in a cell because some sheriff in Texas got a call from some guy claiming that the President stole his gun. You don't think that would cause a problem for the way our government functions?
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 5:23:55 PM
I also think the government should just police itself. Seems legit.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 5:45:25 PM
At 4/25/2013 5:06:07 PM, Double_R wrote:
That is an incredibly silly question to ask. We make laws based on reality, not ridiculous fantasy scenarios that somebody made up to try and make a point. The President has the secret service surrounding him at all times. They won't let him walk 10 feet without checking the area first and they certainly won't let him have a gun. Christ they wouldn't even let him keep his blackberry when he got elected. I don't think we need to sit around and pass laws for what will happen if he goes on a shooting spree. We have real issues to concern ourselves with.

But to entertain your question, no they can't arrest him. Imagine our commander in chief sitting in a cell because some sheriff in Texas got a call from some guy claiming that the President stole his gun. You don't think that would cause a problem for the way our government functions?

I never proposed a new law for my hypothetical scenario. I'm saying that if Obama violates EXISTING laws he should be arrested.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 5:48:36 PM
At 4/25/2013 5:23:55 PM, Noumena wrote:
I also think the government should just police itself. Seems legit.

Separation of powers and checks and balances don't exist. Seems legit.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 6:01:18 PM

Not what I said. They can arrest him, and hold him while he is being impeached. After the legislature impeaches him, the judiciary branch will get their shot at him.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2013 3:19:33 AM
At 4/25/2013 5:45:25 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/25/2013 5:06:07 PM, Double_R wrote:

I never proposed a new law for my hypothetical scenario. I'm saying that if Obama violates EXISTING laws he should be arrested.

There were two paragraphs to my response. Please read paragraph 2 and try again.
William.Burnham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2013 4:18:27 AM
At 4/25/2013 11:13:37 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

You do realize that only the house of reps has the ability to charge the president with crimes, right? And only the senate can convict him? Impeachment has only happened twice in over 200 years, you really think it would be worth the political damage this nation would sustain over something small like fast and furious?
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2013 8:32:50 AM
At 4/26/2013 8:05:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 4/26/2013 6:03:55 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Obama aint got no time for that.

Ain't nobody got time for this.

I think these two are related.