Total Posts:51|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If WW3 started who would be the big players?

GeekiTheGreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:09:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If WW3 were to start, and we took nuclear arms out of the equation, Who would the war start with? What would be a reason it would start? and who would get involved?
~When the world ends, you are going to wish you had a life boat.
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:12:09 PM
At 5/1/2013 2:09:24 PM, GeekiTheGreat wrote:
If WW3 were to start, and we took nuclear arms out of the equation, Who would the war start with? What would be a reason it would start? and who would get involved?

The big players would be H-bombs.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:30:33 PM

The US and China..... Maybe India and the EU as secondary players.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:31:10 PM
At 5/1/2013 2:12:09 PM, tmar19652 wrote:

The big players would be H-bombs.

Hoes?
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:37:12 PM
My guess would be that it'd break out between Pakistan and India.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:40:48 PM
At 5/1/2013 2:37:12 PM, lewis20 wrote:
My guess would be that it'd break out between Pakistan and India.

Interesting..... What leads you to believe the world will jump in for India and Pakistan?
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 2:43:42 PM
I think they are the most volatile of nuclear powers and if on the off chance a nuclear event happened the world would be forced to intervene as to prevent nuclear holocaust.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 3:31:01 PM
My guess is that it would be between the US + Israel against a sh*t load of Middle Eastern countries.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 6:02:00 PM
Al Queda (funded by U.S. and British intelligence)
China
N. Korea
India
France
Britain
United States
Israel
Iran
Russia
S. Korea
Italy
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Nidhogg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 6:19:10 PM
At 5/1/2013 6:02:00 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Al Queda (funded by U.S. and British intelligence)
China
N. Korea
India
France
Britain
United States
Israel
Iran
Russia
S. Korea
Italy
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 6:28:17 PM
At 5/1/2013 3:31:01 PM, imabench wrote:
My guess is that it would be between the US + Israel against a sh*t load of Middle Eastern countries.

Actually, the US has pretty good relations with most middle eastern countries (that matter) other than Iran.
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 6:31:43 PM
At 5/1/2013 6:28:17 PM, YYW wrote:

Actually, the US has pretty good relations with most middle eastern countries (that matter) other than Iran.

The US does but Israel doesnt as much.... Israel cares much more about Iran then the US does and is way more aggressive towards Iran then the US is, and if Israel starts a war or is found to be attacked on a large scale, the US will be dragged into it (probably)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 6:39:45 PM
At 5/1/2013 6:31:43 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/1/2013 6:28:17 PM, YYW wrote:

The US does but Israel doesnt as much.... Israel cares much more about Iran then the US does and is way more aggressive towards Iran then the US is, and if Israel starts a war or is found to be attacked on a large scale, the US will be dragged into it (probably)

Ehh... that's sort of a tougher question to tackle. While rhetorically, many -especially dominantly Arabic- states generally condemn Israel with every opportunity, they don't actively (other than mainly Iran, Syria and Lebanon) actively act against Israel's interests. That could be because they don't want to initiate a response form the US, or it could be that they just have higher priorities -which is to say that they are not actively hostile to Israel. But even if Israel started a war with Iran (which I cannot stress enough is extremely unlikely) it would very likely be isolated to Iran and Israel, with greater powers marginally influencing the flow of resources. To what extent the US came to Israel's aid would depend on the facts of the situation, whatever it turned out to be. It's very hard to speculate -with any degree of credibility- theoretically though.
Tsar of DDO
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 6:42:57 PM

North Korea does something stupid, South Korea shoots back, North Korea fires Missiles at Seoul, South Korea and US attack NK, China gets in, and all hell breaks loose.

In the end, the US flag looks weird because it has 246 stars on it.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Nidhogg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 6:43:57 PM
France would somehow manage to survive, along with England and Denmark. However, China would beat the US and Israel would get raped by Russia+Iran. Sweden and Switzerland would have some drinks and just stay nuetral forever. Germany would invade Poland, realise Poland was an Ally and laugh. Japan and South Korea would find out that everyone in North Korea starved to death. To top it all off, Chad would declare war on Vatican City for no adequately explained reason, before being annexed by Argentina.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 6:57:46 PM
At 5/1/2013 6:42:57 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

North Korea does something stupid, South Korea shoots back, North Korea fires Missiles at Seoul, South Korea and US attack NK, China gets in, and all hell breaks loose.

I dont see why China would get involved again, they have a LOT more to lose this time around if they cut relations with the US

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 7:09:00 PM
At 5/1/2013 6:57:46 PM, imabench wrote:

I dont see why China would get involved again, they have a LOT more to lose this time around if they cut relations with the US

I think that's probably likely, for precisely that reason. I think it's also necessary to keep open the possibility that China may directly or indirectly assists the US in dealing with North Korea because of their overwhelming interests in maintaining stable US relations.
Tsar of DDO
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 7:22:02 PM

Wars are mostly chaotic, a group of F22s turn left when they were supposed to turn right, fly into China, somebody shoots, we shoot back, the tanks roll, Japan jumps in with us, Russia jumps in with China, it escalates. India and Pakistan were already engaged, Israel and everyone in the Middle East are engaged, everybody but Antarctica picks sides and we have a real war.

Of course, he took nukes off the table, put the nukes back in and it all takes just a few hours...in the end, nobody has a flag and that's OK because there's no place to put one anyway.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 8:46:33 PM
If you want to get technical, we might have anti-matter bombs by then, and they aren't nuclear :D
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 4:35:37 AM
At 5/1/2013 8:46:33 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
If you want to get technical, we might have anti-matter bombs by then, and they aren't nuclear :D

Perhaps, but it might be kind of impractical to try to drop 17 mile particle accelerators on a country.
GeekiTheGreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 2:09:09 PM
My guess is that it would be between the US + Israel against a sh*t load of Middle Eastern countries

I am gonna have to agree with that.
GeekiTheGreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 2:09:54 PM
At 5/1/2013 2:43:42 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I think they are the most volatile of nuclear powers and if on the off chance a nuclear event happened the world would be forced to intervene as to prevent nuclear holocaust.

Yea , but Excluding nuclear power. Who would be the big palyers if nuclear power did not matter.
GeekiTheGreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 2:11:30 PM
At 5/1/2013 7:22:02 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Wars are mostly chaotic, a group of F22s turn left when they were supposed to turn right, fly into China, somebody shoots, we shoot back, the tanks roll, Japan jumps in with us, Russia jumps in with China, it escalates. India and Pakistan were already engaged, Israel and everyone in the Middle East are engaged, everybody but Antarctica picks sides and we have a real war.

Of course, he took nukes off the table, put the nukes back in and it all takes just a few hours...in the end, nobody has a flag and that's OK because there's no place to put one anyway.

Not to mention, China wants nothing to do with N. Korea.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 2:15:37 PM
At 5/3/2013 2:09:54 PM, GeekiTheGreat wrote:

Yea , but Excluding nuclear power. Who would be the big palyers if nuclear power did not matter.

There's not going to be a true world war without nuclear power mattering.
I stand firmly on the side of Einstein on this one
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

GeekiTheGreat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 3:05:33 PM
At 5/3/2013 2:15:37 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 5/3/2013 2:09:54 PM, GeekiTheGreat wrote:

There's not going to be a true world war without nuclear power mattering.
I stand firmly on the side of Einstein on this one
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Lol. It does not have to be a true world war, We aren't being ultra-realistic, but still be practical.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 3:34:38 PM
Canada stops playing the nice guy and takes the world by storm.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 3:35:36 PM
At 5/3/2013 3:34:38 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Canada stops playing the nice guy and takes the world by storm.

All 20 million of them, eh?