Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Boy suspended for making gun out of sandwitch

leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 1:04:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is so wrong, its not like hes going to go and shoot everybody with the sandwich. This is so dumb. This is so freaking stupid. How do you feel threatened by a sandwich.
lannan13
Posts: 24,703
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 1:18:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
*facepalm*

Give us a link or it didn't happen.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 2:22:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 1:04:19 PM, leojm wrote:
This is so wrong, its not like hes going to go and shoot everybody with the sandwich. This is so dumb. This is so freaking stupid. How do you feel threatened by a sandwich.

Wow. Hysteria, like the article said.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:25:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sandwich.

Sorry.
It's not about reciprocation, it's just all about me,
a sycophantic, prophetic, Socratic junkie wannabe.

- The 1975, "The Sound"
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 7:29:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

...........really?
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:11:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

Perfectly reasonable? Are you kidding me?

It wasn't a gun, it was a Pop Tart, it's only reasonable if the school has anti-Pop Tart laws.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,501
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:18:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 8:11:27 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

Perfectly reasonable? Are you kidding me?

It wasn't a gun, it was a Pop Tart, it's only reasonable if the school has anti-Pop Tart laws.

If the school had clear and public anti-gun policies (I'm referring to all anti-gun policies, including things like regulations on gestures), it's the parent's fault for picking that school. I should have added that this only applies if it's a private school though.
#StandWithBossy
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:21:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, at least he didn't bring a Swiss army knife on a camping trip.

Then he'd really be in hot water.
I'm just a cro magnon masquerading as one of you.
thett3
Posts: 15,830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:24:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
anyone remember playing shooting games on the playground? Imagine what schools would do with that now...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:33:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 8:18:30 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:11:27 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

Perfectly reasonable? Are you kidding me?

It wasn't a gun, it was a Pop Tart, it's only reasonable if the school has anti-Pop Tart laws.

If the school had clear and public anti-gun policies (I'm referring to all anti-gun policies, including things like regulations on gestures), it's the parent's fault for picking that school. I should have added that this only applies if it's a private school though.

Right, because when people draft anti-gun laws, they are clearly talking about six year olds clasping their hands together with their forefingers sticking out.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,501
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:34:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 8:33:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:18:30 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:11:27 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

Perfectly reasonable? Are you kidding me?

It wasn't a gun, it was a Pop Tart, it's only reasonable if the school has anti-Pop Tart laws.

If the school had clear and public anti-gun policies (I'm referring to all anti-gun policies, including things like regulations on gestures), it's the parent's fault for picking that school. I should have added that this only applies if it's a private school though.

Right, because when people draft anti-gun laws, they are clearly talking about six year olds clasping their hands together with their forefingers sticking out.

That's a problem with the laws themselves.
#StandWithBossy
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:36:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 8:34:33 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:33:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:18:30 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:11:27 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

Perfectly reasonable? Are you kidding me?

It wasn't a gun, it was a Pop Tart, it's only reasonable if the school has anti-Pop Tart laws.

If the school had clear and public anti-gun policies (I'm referring to all anti-gun policies, including things like regulations on gestures), it's the parent's fault for picking that school. I should have added that this only applies if it's a private school though.

Right, because when people draft anti-gun laws, they are clearly talking about six year olds clasping their hands together with their forefingers sticking out.

That's a problem with the laws themselves.

Strict literalism doesn't do you well in life. A magical word called context exists, i.e., when the law states "murder is illegal," that does not imply that if a kid pretends to murder another kid, then he should be tried for murder.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,501
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:44:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 8:36:14 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:34:33 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:33:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:18:30 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:11:27 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

Perfectly reasonable? Are you kidding me?

It wasn't a gun, it was a Pop Tart, it's only reasonable if the school has anti-Pop Tart laws.

If the school had clear and public anti-gun policies (I'm referring to all anti-gun policies, including things like regulations on gestures), it's the parent's fault for picking that school. I should have added that this only applies if it's a private school though.

Right, because when people draft anti-gun laws, they are clearly talking about six year olds clasping their hands together with their forefingers sticking out.

That's a problem with the laws themselves.

Strict literalism doesn't do you well in life. A magical word called context exists, i.e., when the law states "murder is illegal," that does not imply that if a kid pretends to murder another kid, then he should be tried for murder.

Context clouds judgement. Laws should be unambiguous.

I agree that it doesn't imply that. The problem is that that isn't the current scenario. I would think that the policy in this situation outlaws threatening gestures or something like that.
#StandWithBossy
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 8:48:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 8:44:45 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:36:14 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:34:33 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:33:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:18:30 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:11:27 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

Perfectly reasonable? Are you kidding me?

It wasn't a gun, it was a Pop Tart, it's only reasonable if the school has anti-Pop Tart laws.

If the school had clear and public anti-gun policies (I'm referring to all anti-gun policies, including things like regulations on gestures), it's the parent's fault for picking that school. I should have added that this only applies if it's a private school though.

Right, because when people draft anti-gun laws, they are clearly talking about six year olds clasping their hands together with their forefingers sticking out.

That's a problem with the laws themselves.

Strict literalism doesn't do you well in life. A magical word called context exists, i.e., when the law states "murder is illegal," that does not imply that if a kid pretends to murder another kid, then he should be tried for murder.

Context clouds judgement. Laws should be unambiguous.

I agree that it doesn't imply that. The problem is that that isn't the current scenario. I would think that the policy in this situation outlaws threatening gestures or something like that.

That's retarded. Your version of laws would involve every single law guarding against every single that it was not meant to include, effectively making single laws almost infinitely long.

Find me one respectable legal professional or judge that agrees with you and then we'll talk.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2013 11:31:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
LOL'd. then cried.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
jimtimmy2
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 2:45:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

Don't you mean that if the school has anti-pastry laws, this is perfectly reasonable?
imabench
Posts: 21,946
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 2:56:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 8:24:50 PM, thett3 wrote:
anyone remember playing shooting games on the playground? Imagine what schools would do with that now...

http://shine.yahoo.com...

^ Evidently they would lose their mother f*cking minds......
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015

Internet Missing Person Alert: Angsty teen with daddy issues who is a failed horse rapist and also may be a cross-dresser. If spotted, please contact your local animal control or whatever disease-control organization is close by so they may return the species back to its garbage container habitat.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 8:07:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 7:29:06 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

...........really?

Check his acc ideology, he's kidding, lol
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 8:09:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/2/2013 8:34:33 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:33:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:18:30 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 5/2/2013 8:11:27 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 5/2/2013 6:47:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
If the school has anti-gun laws, this is perfectly reasonable.

Perfectly reasonable? Are you kidding me?

It wasn't a gun, it was a Pop Tart, it's only reasonable if the school has anti-Pop Tart laws.

If the school had clear and public anti-gun policies (I'm referring to all anti-gun policies, including things like regulations on gestures), it's the parent's fault for picking that school. I should have added that this only applies if it's a private school though.

Right, because when people draft anti-gun laws, they are clearly talking about six year olds clasping their hands together with their forefingers sticking out.

That's a problem with the laws themselves.

Define: Firearm

Definitely doesn't constitute a pastry or your fingers.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 8:12:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is appalling.

I have seen this type of thing all over lately. When this happens, it should be reported, and the public should demand that the student's that get suspended get an appeal case and the teachers/principals that suspended them should get a strict reprimand for suspending a kid who made something that resembled a gun (but apparently he didn't even intentionally do it). I literally thought this was a troll until I saw the article, this is pathetic. I take what I said back, the teachers and principals who do this crap should be made an example of and fired.