Jump to topic:

What is DDO's ideological spread like?

Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 3:21:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I remember Ore_Ele doing ideology charts in the past, and vaguely remember being able to see some sort of consolidated statistics about ideology, age, ethnicity, and other demographics provided by Juggle, but, I can't seem to find either at the moment. What I gather from the opinions is a strong conservative lean. Is this so? What's the spread beyond the scope of conservative/liberal? And why do we think that DDO leans the way it does?
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 5:13:55 AM
The lean was towards the bottom of the chart, which represents right-wing economic ideals, with fairly-evenly spread social ideals, I believe slightly favoring the left.

DDOians prefer conservative fiscal policies because they believe that our economic-state is a function of the intellectual skill of our leaders, which is natural for them because DDOians are intellectuals themselves and they believe every problem can be worked out if you just apply enough diligence and competence. Unfortunately they are wrong. Economics cannot be improved through progress (like science is), otherwise we would see economics improving over time. Our declining economic state is a function not of technical skill but moral skill. The same people who apply ambition to economic endeavors (as well as other endeavors) also let their greed go unchecked; since we all feel we are entitled to a bigger slice of the pie, we are crushing our resources as well as each other and destroying our economic state. Ambition is, ironically, what we use to try and conquer economics but in fact allows economics to conquer ourselves instead. Plato explained this 2500 years ago and since then we've been running in place like idiots because we want more stuff.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 7:31:44 AM
At 5/6/2013 5:13:55 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
The lean was towards the bottom of the chart, which represents right-wing economic ideals, with fairly-evenly spread social ideals, I believe slightly favoring the left.

DDOians prefer conservative fiscal policies because they believe that our economic-state is a function of the intellectual skill of our leaders, which is natural for them because DDOians are intellectuals themselves and they believe every problem can be worked out if you just apply enough diligence and competence. Unfortunately they are wrong. Economics cannot be improved through progress (like science is), otherwise we would see economics improving over time. Our declining economic state is a function not of technical skill but moral skill. The same people who apply ambition to economic endeavors (as well as other endeavors) also let their greed go unchecked; since we all feel we are entitled to a bigger slice of the pie, we are crushing our resources as well as each other and destroying our economic state. Ambition is, ironically, what we use to try and conquer economics but in fact allows economics to conquer ourselves instead. Plato explained this 2500 years ago and since then we've been running in place like idiots because we want more stuff.

He didn't ask for your bias, just saying. lol