Jump to topic:

Syrian REBELS use chemical weapons?

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 9:02:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Some people have already heard that chemical weapons may have been used in the Syrian Civil War, but surprise surprise it might not be the side you think would be guilty of resorting to such desperate measures

http://news.yahoo.com...

The rebels have used a chemical/nerve agent called 'Sarin Gas' while there is no solid evidence (according to the report) to show that the Syrian government themselves have used chemical weapons at all. Its worth noting though that these are just isolated cases. There are only 3 known incidents in which chemical gases were used in the entire Civil War, its not raining down chemical bombs left and right.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 9:08:13 AM
I'm not too surprised. Due to being a rebellion, they aren't exactly organized. It's guaranteed that at least one idiot will break away from the pack and do something that not all of them really want.

This is more or less why anarchy would get us all killed.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 9:13:24 AM
Do they have a chance at winning if they use chemical warfare and the government doesn't?
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 10:25:09 AM
At 5/6/2013 9:07:42 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Who cares what they use?

I think whether or not the rebels fight clean or fight dirty could have an impact on someones opinion of whether or not the US should step in and intervene.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 10:45:16 AM
At 5/6/2013 10:25:09 AM, imabench wrote:
Who cares what they use?

I think whether or not the rebels fight clean or fight dirty could have an impact on someones opinion of whether or not the US should step in and intervene.

The US is not going to intervene.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 5:38:00 PM
At 5/6/2013 10:45:16 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:25:09 AM, imabench wrote:
Who cares what they use?

The US is not going to intervene.

And you trust politicians... why?
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 5:57:55 PM
rules are warfare are just guidelines and don't actually have to be followed
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 6:02:52 PM
At 5/6/2013 5:57:55 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
rules are warfare are just guidelines and don't actually have to be followed

Yeah, I think everyone stays civil until someone does something, then mass hysteria as hell implodes outwards (just think about it... think, just think... about it) and we are launched into WWIII