Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

American Mythology

kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 7:28:22 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I was thinking,we as Americans have lots of MYTHS that exist,and we take them as doctrine.Such as God would not have endowed us with so much,if we were not the "chosen rulers of the world",that we should give thanks to a murderer(Christopher Columbus),who didn't discover something that already had inhabitants.
We are obssessed with justifying the several anomalies that make our nation. The documents that are supposed to serve,and protect us all are used as means to protect "the priviledged few" that rule.Folks claim not to not be racist,but make sure they live in segregated communites.

For instance,I live in D.C.I live on the opposite side of a street that seperates Capitol Hill from the "ghetto".Now on the other side,which is Capitol Hill,the prices are far more in value.Land depreciates when blacks are the residents.
Is this not the reason that the settlers who arrived in Jamestown,Va dissented from the rule of the King of England?

They say God Bless America,but does this mean everyone else is not supposed to be blessed as well.(Other countries)
We have conservatives who argue for the immigrants to go home!But love to use them as cheap labor. We have liberals who claim to be progressive,but consider themselves to be intellectually superior to everyone else,and therefore discredit common sense thinking....

Your thoughts
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 7:47:29 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I see where you are going with this. Youre trying to make another rant about Blacks and racism and how you are oh so poorly singled out! Do you want a tissue?

At 11/25/2009 7:28:22 AM, kelly224 wrote:
We are obssessed with justifying the several anomalies that make our nation. The documents that are supposed to serve,and protect us all are used as means to protect "the priviledged few" that rule.Folks claim not to not be racist,but make sure they live in segregated communites.

Yeah, completely agree. Surely, the laws do not protect us at all! Clearly no one who is rich has ever been convicted of a crime! What sort of fantasy world are you living in?

Also, the segregated communities are segregated BECAUSE the people who live in them choose to segregate THEMSELVES from the rest of society. There is not and has not been an instance in todays society where black people have been forced to live in a specific location. Infact, take a look at the rich black community. The ONLY examples of segregation occur when people, like the Jews CHOOSE to segregate themselves from the rest of the community and send thier children to specific schools because they dont want to expose their children to the outside world.

The segregation that occurs today, has nothing to do with the "Rich racist" folks and how they want to separate themselves with other races.

For instance,I live in D.C.I live on the opposite side of a street that seperates Capitol Hill from the "ghetto".Now on the other side,which is Capitol Hill,the prices are far more in value.Land depreciates when blacks are the residents.

It has nothing to do with the land, it has eveyrthing to do with the location and the neighborhood. Again, the rich black community. People like Michael Jordan who rakes in millions. Is he forced to live in the "Ghetto"?

The only thing left to say is this:

Get over yourself. Yes, you are black. Yes, black people have been slaves. No, in modern society the segregation that occurs has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with... yup, thats right, MONEY. If you are a rich, black man, you can still live in a highly respected neighborhood. And many have done so. Just because you are poor, and you are black, you cannot put the two together and conclude that the world is out to get you because of your race. Michael Jordan does not live in the Ghettos. Chris Bosh does not live in the ghettos. Yet they are both black. Race has nothing to do with it. Get over yourself.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 7:56:45 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 7:47:29 AM, tkubok wrote:
I see where you are going with this. Youre trying to make another rant about Blacks and racism and how you are oh so poorly singled out! Do you want a tissue?

At 11/25/2009 7:28:22 AM, kelly224 wrote:
We are obssessed with justifying the several anomalies that make our nation. The documents that are supposed to serve,and protect us all are used as means to protect "the priviledged few" that rule.Folks claim not to not be racist,but make sure they live in segregated communites.

Yeah, completely agree. Surely, the laws do not protect us at all! Clearly no one who is rich has ever been convicted of a crime! What sort of fantasy world are you living in?

Also, the segregated communities are segregated BECAUSE the people who live in them choose to segregate THEMSELVES from the rest of society. There is not and has not been an instance in todays society where black people have been forced to live in a specific location. Infact, take a look at the rich black community. The ONLY examples of segregation occur when people, like the Jews CHOOSE to segregate themselves from the rest of the community and send thier children to specific schools because they dont want to expose their children to the outside world.

The segregation that occurs today, has nothing to do with the "Rich racist" folks and how they want to separate themselves with other races.

For instance,I live in D.C.I live on the opposite side of a street that seperates Capitol Hill from the "ghetto".Now on the other side,which is Capitol Hill,the prices are far more in value.Land depreciates when blacks are the residents.

It has nothing to do with the land, it has eveyrthing to do with the location and the neighborhood. Again, the rich black community. People like Michael Jordan who rakes in millions. Is he forced to live in the "Ghetto"?

The only thing left to say is this:

Get over yourself. Yes, you are black. Yes, black people have been slaves. No, in modern society the segregation that occurs has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with... yup, thats right, MONEY. If you are a rich, black man, you can still live in a highly respected neighborhood. And many have done so. Just because you are poor, and you are black, you cannot put the two together and conclude that the world is out to get you because of your race. Michael Jordan does not live in the Ghettos. Chris Bosh does not live in the ghettos. Yet they are both black. Race has nothing to do with it. Get over yourself.

Typical response. Just as I stated before,we are told to get over it. I am aware of class wars,You get over yourself. Your singleminded view is the same mumbo jumbo everyone hears everyday,thus this is why the country is collapsing. Micheal Jordan is one of a select few who have used sports as a way to escape his circumstance. Many blacks think they can be the next Micheal Jordan,but reality sets in. Despite Jordan having wealth,let him be caught in the wrong neighborhood,money aside they will show him what they think of him.
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 7:58:14 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
we as Americans have lots of MYTHS that exist

Well, sure, everyone tends to emphasis the positive and ignore the negative parts of their history.

The documents that are supposed to serve,and protect us all are used as means to protect "the priviledged few" that rule.

Well, they protect us all. Any society will have "the priviledged few" who benefit more from the society than the rest. This is even true in socialist nations.

Folks claim not to not be racist,but make sure they live in segregated communites.

Actually, people live along class lines, not race lines. If you live in a million dollar house, your neighbors probably live in a million dollar house and you probably live in an area of million dollar houses. That is irregardless of the race of your neighbors.

Now on the other side,which is Capitol Hill,the prices are far more in value.Land depreciates when blacks are the residents.

Again, this is not really a race issue but a class one.

Is this not the reason that the settlers who arrived in Jamestown,Va dissented from the rule of the King of England?

No, it is not. The original settlers of Jamestown, Va were paid by the Virginia Company to establish settlements in the New World to begin colonization and use of the natural resources here.

They say God Bless America,but does this mean everyone else is not supposed to be blessed as well.(Other countries)

No, those two statements are in no way mutually exclusive.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 8:08:01 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Typical response. Just as I stated before,we are told to get over it.

Have you ever thought that there may be a reason its typical? Maybe because its true?

let him be caught in the wrong neighborhood,money aside they will show him what they think of him.

Thus why no one wants to live in the ghettos.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 8:08:17 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 7:56:45 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Typical response. Just as I stated before,we are told to get over it. I am aware of class wars,You get over yourself. Your singleminded view is the same mumbo jumbo everyone hears everyday,thus this is why the country is collapsing. Micheal Jordan is one of a select few who have used sports as a way to escape his circumstance. Many blacks think they can be the next Micheal Jordan,but reality sets in. Despite Jordan having wealth,let him be caught in the wrong neighborhood,money aside they will show him what they think of him.

Oh please. Many whites think they can be the next Bill Gates. But surely that doesnt come true every day. Clearly reality sets in for them too.

Yes, Michael Jordan IS the exception, just like Bill Gates is the exception as well. Although Barrack Obama has not used sports to escape his circumstances, the very EXISTANCE of an exception DISPROVES your stupid and incoherent theory of how blacks are somehow forced to segregate away from the rich white folks. Again, this has NOTHING TO DO with race, and EVERYTHING to do with MONEY. Michael Jordans, and Barrack Obamas children will not go to a poor school in the Ghetto. On the contrary, they will go to a rich school and get a good education, and go on to go to a good university. It has nothing to do with race. Get over yourself. Your persecution complex is getting old.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 8:26:34 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 8:08:01 AM, johngriswald wrote:
Typical response. Just as I stated before,we are told to get over it.

Have you ever thought that there may be a reason its typical? Maybe because its true?

let him be caught in the wrong neighborhood,money aside they will show him what they think of him.

Thus why no one wants to live in the ghettos.

Your truth is not everyone elses truth.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 8:29:37 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 8:08:17 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 11/25/2009 7:56:45 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Typical response. Just as I stated before,we are told to get over it. I am aware of class wars,You get over yourself. Your singleminded view is the same mumbo jumbo everyone hears everyday,thus this is why the country is collapsing. Micheal Jordan is one of a select few who have used sports as a way to escape his circumstance. Many blacks think they can be the next Micheal Jordan,but reality sets in. Despite Jordan having wealth,let him be caught in the wrong neighborhood,money aside they will show him what they think of him.

Oh please. Many whites think they can be the next Bill Gates. But surely that doesnt come true every day. Clearly reality sets in for them too.

Yes, Michael Jordan IS the exception, just like Bill Gates is the exception as well. Although Barrack Obama has not used sports to escape his circumstances, the very EXISTANCE of an exception DISPROVES your stupid and incoherent theory of how blacks are somehow forced to segregate away from the rich white folks. Again, this has NOTHING TO DO with race, and EVERYTHING to do with MONEY. Michael Jordans, and Barrack Obamas children will not go to a poor school in the Ghetto. On the contrary, they will go to a rich school and get a good education, and go on to go to a good university. It has nothing to do with race. Get over yourself. Your persecution complex is getting old.

Can't handle your emotions?..I'm stupid,but you are the one who can't keep themselves in context.Typical...lol
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 8:39:54 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 8:26:34 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Your truth is not everyone elses truth.

Another wonderful movie line that is not a defense to anything.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 8:40:55 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 8:29:37 AM, kelly224 wrote:
I'm stupid, stopped reading here.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 8:46:32 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 8:29:37 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Can't handle your emotions?..I'm stupid,but you are the one who can't keep themselves in context.Typical...lol

What a great counter argument. Ad hominems now, are we?
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 8:49:23 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 8:46:32 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 11/25/2009 8:29:37 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Can't handle your emotions?..I'm stupid,but you are the one who can't keep themselves in context.Typical...lol
Ad hominems now, are we?

He doesn't know what they are, remember, he said he's stupid.
Here, allow me.

Ad Hominem: appealing to personal considerations (rather than to fact or reason); "ad hominem arguments"
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 9:05:48 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 8:49:23 AM, johngriswald wrote:
At 11/25/2009 8:46:32 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 11/25/2009 8:29:37 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Can't handle your emotions?..I'm stupid,but you are the one who can't keep themselves in context.Typical...lol
Ad hominems now, are we?

He doesn't know what they are, remember, he said he's stupid.
Here, allow me.

Ad Hominem: appealing to personal considerations (rather than to fact or reason); "ad hominem arguments"

Whatever you think. The guy said I wass tupid,just repeating what he said. Are we gonna talk about the htread,or are you two gonna get a room.so you can have some alone time?
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 9:15:49 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 9:05:48 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Whatever you think. The guy said I wass tupid,just repeating what he said. Are we gonna talk about the htread,or are you two gonna get a room.so you can have some alone time?

I never called you stupid in this thread, not once. Not where you got that from, but it wasnt from me.

We were talking about this thread, until you placed that bomb of an argument on me. Youre the one who couldnt provide a counter argument. And now youre complaining about how the thread has gone off topic, after what youve done to it?

Sure, lets get back to the topic at hand. Please get over your persecution complex. There.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 9:16:48 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 9:05:48 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Whatever you think. The guy said I wass tupid,just repeating what he said. Are we gonna talk about the htread,or are you two gonna get a room.so you can have some alone time?

No, you called yourself stupid, I was simply recognizing the fact that you did.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 9:17:43 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 8:29:37 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Can't handle your emotions?..I'm stupid,but you are the one who can't keep themselves in context.Typical...lol

See? You admitted it.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 9:50:37 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 8:39:54 AM, johngriswald wrote:
At 11/25/2009 8:26:34 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Your truth is not everyone elses truth.

Another wonderful movie line that is not a defense to anything.

Sorry, but my whole life isn't a movie script, maybe you should not sit in front of the TV so much.
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 11:08:04 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
@Griswald and Tkubuk, I don't know how you can call this guy angry when all the venom here is coming from you.

@Kelly, take time and check your posts before you submit them. People on this site like to flex their intelectual muscles and little mistakes and not being clear can really undermine your points.

Discussing racism is difficult, people become very defensive very quickly and any time you mention slavery they will stop listening.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 11:15:02 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 11:08:04 AM, feverish wrote:
@Griswald and Tkubuk, I don't know how you can call this guy angry when all the venom here is coming from you.

Never called him angry. Check what i wrote before you put words in my mouth.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 11:21:30 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
The only way to solve racism is to realize it doesn't exist. Or perhaps we should have a scientist confirm to the world that science proves it doesn't exist. Then people will realize they were perpetuating a horrible illusion all along.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 11:38:10 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 11:08:04 AM, feverish wrote:
@Griswald and Tkubuk, I don't know how you can call this guy angry when all the venom here is coming from you.

@Kelly, take time and check your posts before you submit them. People on this site like to flex their intelectual muscles and little mistakes and not being clear can really undermine your points.

Discussing racism is difficult, people become very defensive very quickly and any time you mention slavery they will stop listening.

Thank you. I know I wasn't coming off as angry. It shows how arrogant, and egotistical people are by how they relate to people. I appreciate your insight.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 11:39:29 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 11:21:30 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The only way to solve racism is to realize it doesn't exist. Or perhaps we should have a scientist confirm to the world that science proves it doesn't exist. Then people will realize they were perpetuating a horrible illusion all along.

.

It doesn't exist in your world, which is the only one you can speak for.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:09:34 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 11:39:29 AM, kelly224 wrote:
At 11/25/2009 11:21:30 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The only way to solve racism is to realize it doesn't exist. Or perhaps we should have a scientist confirm to the world that science proves it doesn't exist. Then people will realize they were perpetuating a horrible illusion all along.

.

It doesn't exist in your world, which is the only one you can speak for.

It's a scientific fact that race doesn't exist. There's no scientific, empirical method to distinguish between races. It only exists in people's minds, a concept we created. If aliens came to earth, would they be able to tell the difference? No, because they haven't been conditioned to believe it.

Wouldn't you agree that everyone would be better off if they ignored race? Or would you rather people to keep making the distinction which would perpetuate discrimination and racism? If people can't make the distinction, there's nothing to discriminate against.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:16:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 12:09:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/25/2009 11:39:29 AM, kelly224 wrote:
At 11/25/2009 11:21:30 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The only way to solve racism is to realize it doesn't exist. Or perhaps we should have a scientist confirm to the world that science proves it doesn't exist. Then people will realize they were perpetuating a horrible illusion all along.

.

It doesn't exist in your world, which is the only one you can speak for.

It's a scientific fact that race doesn't exist. There's no scientific, empirical method to distinguish between races. It only exists in people's minds, a concept we created. If aliens came to earth, would they be able to tell the difference? No, because they haven't been conditioned to believe it.

Wouldn't you agree that everyone would be better off if they ignored race? Or would you rather people to keep making the distinction which would perpetuate discrimination and racism? If people can't make the distinction, there's nothing to discriminate against.

.

NO doubt we would be better off, but the simple truth is that our society is BUILT on labeling people. I did not name myself black, nor you for your race. We were born into the respective skins we wear.

I want nothing more than to be not looked at as if I am trying to rob someone. People can tell me to get over whatever, but....

1.How many times do you get stoppeds for racial profling?
2.How many women clinch their purse wen they see you?
3.WHen you hail a cab, how many times do they just whisk past you?
4.When you walk into stores, how many times can you recollect being followed around?
5.When folks ask your opinion, and try ripping it apart with THEIR logic, without first trying to LISTEN, instead of offering some irrational solution that does not work.

We are told to get over it, but this stuff hurts.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:34:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 12:16:01 PM, kelly224 wrote:

NO doubt we would be better off, but the simple truth is that our society is BUILT on labeling people. I did not name myself black, nor you for your race. We were born into the respective skins we wear.

I want nothing more than to be not looked at as if I am trying to rob someone. People can tell me to get over whatever, but....

1.How many times do you get stoppeds for racial profling?
2.How many women clinch their purse wen they see you?
3.WHen you hail a cab, how many times do they just whisk past you?
4.When you walk into stores, how many times can you recollect being followed around?
5.When folks ask your opinion, and try ripping it apart with THEIR logic, without first trying to LISTEN, instead of offering some irrational solution that does not work.

All you're telling me is that racism exists and I already acknowledge that. My point is that racists are living a deluded lie. They are mistreating people based on an illusory, nonexistent concept that has no grounds in reality. So I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I am saying that both sides need both stop defending and offending based on race. Instead of saying "please treat blacks with more respect," just tell that person there is no difference between me and you and that there is no reason to treat anyone differently at all.

We are told to get over it, but this stuff hurts.

I'm not saying to get over it, I hate racists more than anybody. But by victimizing "your race" you are still drawing a line between blacks and whites.

.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:40:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 11:15:02 AM, tkubok wrote:

Never called him angry. Check what i wrote before you put words in my mouth.

Yes I'm sorry, that was Mr. Griswald.

All you did was respond to his first post here (which I think mentioned race only once) by saying: "Youre trying to make another rant about Blacks and racism" and "Get over yourself" twice.

I think you also referred to him as a "black power extremist" in another thread. I may have assumed that you were implying he was angry from this.

On a separate note I also read you saying in that thread "it is proposterous that Blacks are being regarded as Intellectually inferior, because it doesnt happen. Period. No one is thinking that Blacks are intellectually inferior."

Actually a lot of people do hold such an opinion. I have even seen it expressed on DDO before. http://en.wikipedia.org...
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 6:41:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 11:21:30 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The only way to solve racism is to realize it doesn't exist. Or perhaps we should have a scientist confirm to the world that science proves it doesn't exist. Then people will realize they were perpetuating a horrible illusion all along.

.

Doubtful, see oh, YEC.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 6:54:32 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 7:28:22 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Folks claim not to not be racist,but make sure they live in segregated communites.

Is what is true for one true for all? Who creates the segregation? Do culturally similar individuals tend to congregate in communities? Quite often, seen by any country open to some form of immigration, where cultural heritage often determines where people settle in relation to others of similar heritage.

For instance,I live in D.C.I live on the opposite side of a street that seperates Capitol Hill from the "ghetto".Now on the other side,which is Capitol Hill,the prices are far more in value.Land depreciates when blacks are the residents.

Clearly you haven't seen The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. :(

Seriously though, if it's ghetto what value do you expect? If it wasn't ghetto the prices would rise accordingly. Certain aspects of where you live in relation to its surroundings determine the value.

They say God Bless America,but does this mean everyone else is not supposed to be blessed as well.(Other countries)

People also say " God bless this food" because they are about to eat it. People say "God bless America" because they live there.

We have conservatives who argue for the immigrants to go home!But love to use them as cheap labor.

Hypocrites exist? No real shock there. There are also those who are against immigration denial. There are those who argue against immigration denial and use non native labour.

We have liberals who claim to be progressive,but consider themselves to be intellectually superior to everyone else,and therefore discredit common sense thinking....

Common sense is usually just an appeal to a vague popularity, and used in place of a real argument because it's asserting the truth without requiring of itself valid premises.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 7:01:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/25/2009 6:41:03 PM, Puck wrote:
At 11/25/2009 11:21:30 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The only way to solve racism is to realize it doesn't exist. Or perhaps we should have a scientist confirm to the world that science proves it doesn't exist. Then people will realize they were perpetuating a horrible illusion all along.

.

Doubtful, see oh, YEC.

Haha, that's true. I overestimated the intellect of humanity, which is quite sad actually given the low standard I held it to. Racism is just as illogical as YEC, yet both are still thriving.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat