Jump to topic:

Two party monopoly

kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 11:58:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Our country clings to the antiquated two party system like it is no other way. Democrats, and Republicans dominate, and we have no REAL choices. Back and forth we go every election cycle, choosing the lesser of two evils. This coming from an independent who sees no huge differences in the two. anytime a Senator, or Representative has a falling out with the party, they have the option of jumping across the aisle....Arlen Specter, Joe Lieberman, and such.

Why do we vacillate back, and forth between the two parties who seem only to be at odds in the public, but are sometimes apart of these secret societies who are bosom buddies after hours. When will the Independents, the Green Party, the Libertarians even get airtime on the major networks?

Is this what you call fair Democracy?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:28:09 PM
As a libertarian, your rants are boring. Just thought I'd let you know.

If you wish to change this, I recommend, you know, actually focusing a bit more on advocating a certain policy along with your reasons for it, instead of packing in as many loaded questions and thought-terminating cliches as you can.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:28:32 PM
http://xkcd.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:36:19 PM
At 11/25/2009 11:58:53 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Our country clings to the antiquated two party system like it is no other way. Democrats, and Republicans dominate, and we have no REAL choices. Back and forth we go every election cycle, choosing the lesser of two evils. This coming from an independent who sees no huge differences in the two. anytime a Senator, or Representative has a falling out with the party, they have the option of jumping across the aisle....Arlen Specter, Joe Lieberman, and such.

Why do we vacillate back, and forth between the two parties who seem only to be at odds in the public, but are sometimes apart of these secret societies who are bosom buddies after hours. When will the Independents, the Green Party, the Libertarians even get airtime on the major networks?

Democracy is hardly fair, even without the two-party politics.

Cody Franklin, Resident Fascist. Pleased to meet you.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:38:05 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:28:09 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

If you wish to change this, I recommend, you know, actually focusing a bit more on advocating a certain policy along with your reasons for it, instead of packing in as many loaded questions and thought-terminating cliches as you can.

Boring is what you consider it. To those that are Liberatarian they are valid. I didn't ask for you to discredit me, just answer the question. If you have a problem with my questions, DON'T respond. THere are several buttons on your keyboard, don't push the one that has my face beside the topic.It's real simple
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:39:32 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:36:19 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

What is more fair.
Democracy is fair, as a majority has the role to chose, if you don't like it then move.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:40:27 PM
You must have a really funky addon if it puts the face beside the topic before clicking.

I gave conditional advice, I wasn't trying to prevent you from posting you know. You are free to take it or leave it.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:41:33 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:38:05 PM, kelly224 wrote:
At 11/25/2009 12:28:09 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Boring is what you consider it. To those that are Liberatarian they are valid.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ohhhhh, goodness.

I sometimes forget that you haven't been here long enough to realize that R_R is as libertarian as they come.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:42:54 PM
What is more fair.
Democracy is fair, as a majority has the role to chose, if you don't like it then move.

Monarchy is fair, as the king has the role to chose, if you don't like it then move.

Gang rape is fair, as the gangsters has the role to chose, if you don't like it then move.

Question. Move where? What country on this planet exists where I can choose things for myself and others can choose for themselves, without being subject to majority or hereditary or Codyesque tyrants?
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:43:22 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:39:32 PM, comoncents wrote:

What is more fair.

Shut your mouth Neo con
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:43:27 PM

What is more fair.

Authoritarian geniocracy.

Translation: Democracy is fair, as it gives a large mob of people what it wants, and would get anyway, since the majority is the strongest. If you don't agree with this large mob of people, then get out.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:44:15 PM

Why did I not bother to think that I was dialouging with a biggot.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:44:20 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:43:22 PM, kelly224 wrote:

What is more fair.

Shut your mouth Neo con

He didn't ask for you to discredit him, just answer the question. If you have a problem with his questions, DON'T respond. THere are several buttons on your keyboard, don't push the one that has his face beside the topic.It's real simple
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:44:40 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:43:22 PM, kelly224 wrote:

What is more fair.

Shut your mouth Neo con

I don't think that I would call comoncents a neoconservative.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:45:02 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:44:15 PM, kelly224 wrote:

Fascist =/= bigot. You don't have to slander him, he's bad enough if you learn to tell the truth.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:45:35 PM

Oh, I'm not bigoted at all. See, you're far too quick to make those kinds of accusations. All that you have to go off of is the inherent negative stigma of the term 'fascist'.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:46:29 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:45:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Fascist =/= bigot. You don't have to slander him, he's bad enough if you learn to tell the truth.

Lol. Thank you, I think. Sort of.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:47:33 PM
Democracy is the same as fascism, except you vote for your dictator.

And even if it weren't just voting for a dictator, the majority rules the minority. History has shown us that the majority is always wrong. As Benjamin Franklin said, democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for lunch.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:48:49 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:43:27 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Authoritarian geniocracy.

How?

Translation: Democracy is fair, as it gives a large mob of people what it wants, and would get anyway, since the majority is the strongest. If you don't agree with this large mob of people, then get out.

It is a majority, therefore it is the most fair.
But i think you get it, get out.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:49:02 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:45:35 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Oh, I'm not bigoted at all. See, you're far too quick to make those kinds of accusations. All that you have to go off of is the inherent negative stigma of the term 'fascist'.

IS fascism something I should be in pursuit of?

Please expound for me what positive views you have?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:49:56 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:47:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

And even if it weren't just voting for a dictator, the majority rules the minority. History has shown us that the majority is always wrong. As Benjamin Franklin said, democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for lunch.

Just curiously, what is your preferred form of government? Who rules?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:51:18 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:47:08 PM, kelly224 wrote:
It is a shame that folks come here to expound there nearsighted views.

There is a simple way to end that shame you know. Only you have the power.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:51:34 PM

Interesting, because I see Democracy as a joke. Give people enough rope to hang themselves. Let them think they have more freedom than they do, but if they just so happen to reach the end of that rope, than hang em
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:51:45 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:49:56 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Constitution-based federal republic with a strong democratic tradition!
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:52:27 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:51:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

There is a simple way to end that shame you know. Only you have the power.

Your funny, dude.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:52:41 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:50:46 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I think that you yourself are a bit nearsighted, if you insult and degrade the ideology of everyone around you.

When did I insult your ideology? I stated that I did not agree with them. In the original post where did I insult anyone?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:53:42 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:49:02 PM, kelly224 wrote:
At 11/25/2009 12:45:35 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

IS fascism something I should be in pursuit of?

Please expound for me what positive views you have?

Hitler, for example, did a number of positive things for Germany before initiating the Holocaust, such as the Kraft durch Freude (Strength Through Joy) program. Furthermore, Hitler's rearmament of Germany brought the nation out of its awful economic slump, just to name a couple of historical examples.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2009 12:54:03 PM
At 11/25/2009 12:49:56 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Panarchy. Though it won't work until we go through a global enlightenment era. When that happens, I would suggest that Panarchy would be inevitable as a result.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat