Jump to topic:

Lou Dobbs

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 8:00:50 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Interesting! Well, at least the guy knows what he's talking about (which is more than I can say for some other politicians). I think I'd vote for him after I saw what his stance was on certain issues; I think he's got a relatability to the public - at least CNN viewers - and people might trust him to enter into politics because they don't expect him to succumb to the typical politician BS. I think he's got the know-how, just not the experience. However, I don't think experience is really that necessary in a situation like this. It's more about how you vote and why. I think Lou could be good :)
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 8:59:33 AM
At 11/26/2009 8:00:50 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Interesting! Well, at least the guy knows what he's talking about (which is more than I can say for some other politicians). I think I'd vote for him after I saw what his stance was on certain issues; I think he's got a relatability to the public - at least CNN viewers - and people might trust him to enter into politics because they don't expect him to succumb to the typical politician BS. I think he's got the know-how, just not the experience. However, I don't think experience is really that necessary in a situation like this. It's more about how you vote and why. I think Lou could be good :)

Thats right, you are a CNN fan.
Have you seen his show, was it good?
MistahKurtz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 1:01:24 PM
Lou Dobbs is a useless moron.

He was the worst CNN anchor and it was evident that they'd wanted him gone for ages. His opinions were way out of the mainstream, based on incorrect or skewed data and basically contributed to the mass-paranoia about the threat of those evil illegal aliens. His policies basically boil down to talking idealistically about an imaginary brand of populism and being a racist.

He should forget about running for senate and seriously consider walking off a wharf.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 9:41:59 PM
At 11/26/2009 1:01:24 PM, MistahKurtz wrote:
Lou Dobbs is a useless moron.

He was the worst CNN anchor and it was evident that they'd wanted him gone for ages. His opinions were way out of the mainstream

So anything that goes against the mainstream is wrong?

Lou Dobbs is one of the only well-informed newscasters.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2009 10:01:11 PM
I agree with Geo - Just because you're not really liberal or really conservative doesn't mean that your opinions shouldn't be heard on TV. I believe his nickname was "Mr. Independent" on CNN. And sure, while he may take an extreme issue regarding illegal immigrants, that doesn't mean he's a crazy in the least. I think he had a lot of good opinions on things. What exactly do you dislike about him, Kurtz?
President of DDO
MistahKurtz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 10:55:16 AM
I don't care about his ideology, that's irrelevant. There are plenty of people who oppose immigration with reasonable reasons to do so.

I hate Lou Dobbs because he has no journalistic integrity. He goes onto his show with these outrageous lies and distortions that is inappropriate for any newscaster. Let me give some examples

"If we reported it, it's a fact."
Lou fearmongers over leprosy in the U.S, yet continuously neglects to mention that leprosy cases have been on the decline.

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com...
Lou Dobbs' show mainstreams fringe elements of the birther movement.

Here he yells at the head of a Hispanic advocacy group.

http://mediamatters.org...
In this one, he just rambles about how terrible Howard Dean is with no justification whatsoever.

http://vodpod.com...
In this one, Dobbs runs a piece attacking climate change science