Jump to topic:

AnCaps: Constitution is Paper Contracts R God

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 4:04:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Anarchists say the Constitution is just a piece of paper yet the pieces of paper called "private contracts" are God.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 4:31:41 PM
At 5/14/2013 4:04:04 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Anarchists say the Constitution is just a piece of paper yet the pieces of paper called "private contracts" are God.

A bit of an over simplification but pretty much I guess. Though the fact that yer description is so exaggeratory mighty mean you think this is a bad thing?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 4:51:58 PM

Probably because people actually consent to private contracts.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 5:05:05 PM
At 5/14/2013 4:51:58 PM, drhead wrote:

1. You're saying that things they don't like are just pieces of paper but things they like are not just pieces of paper. It doesn't matter of they have reasons for liking one over the other, it does not change the fact that both pieces of paper are more than paper because of the meaning and value we give them whether a Constitution or a private contract.

2. A Constitution does not impose anything on you, it enumerates your inherent rights and protects you from government tyranny. The Constitution puts the chains on government, not the people.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 5:09:34 PM
At 5/14/2013 5:05:05 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

2. A Constitution does not impose anything on you, it enumerates your inherent rights and protects you from government tyranny. The Constitution puts the chains on government, not the people.

It seems to be doing a pretty good job.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 5:10:56 PM
At 5/14/2013 4:51:58 PM, drhead wrote:

1. You're saying that things they don't like are just pieces of paper but things they like are not just pieces of paper. It doesn't matter of they have reasons for liking one over the other, it does not change the fact that both pieces of paper are more than paper because of the meaning and value we give them whether a Constitution or a private contract.

Do you honestly think someone who disagrees with the Constitution would assign it the same value as something they consented to?

Having no government protects you from government tyranny, too.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 6:22:14 PM
At 5/14/2013 5:09:34 PM, Noumena wrote:

It seems to be doing a pretty good job.

*Facepalm*

The Founders never once suggested that the Constitution can survive on its own.

Liberty isn't passed down the bloodline, it must be defended by every generation. As Jefferson said, from time to time, the Tree of Liberty must be watered by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

We've had the richest, freest nation on Earth the world's ever seen for a good 200 year run and it is now decadent and in need of restoration. As Ron Paul's slogan said, "Restore America Now."

You're the type who buys a Lamborghini, but then sends it to the dump after some mud splatters on it.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 6:38:52 PM
At 5/14/2013 5:10:56 PM, drhead wrote:

That right there folks is the Anarchist fallacy. Having no government does NOT protect you from government tyranny nor any other groups who wish to coerce you. In fact, I would suggest, having no government makes you the most vulnerable to government tyranny both arising and arriving from elsewhere.

Kim Jong Un might just decide that he likes the piece of land we once called "America" and settle there and extend his order upon every inhabitant and all the little Anarchists will be crying "wah wah, where's my George Washington, no one is here to stop them from taking over."

Btw, you are a Progressive, are you confused?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 7:25:21 PM
At 5/14/2013 6:38:52 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 5/14/2013 5:10:56 PM, drhead wrote:

That right there folks is the Anarchist fallacy. Having no government does NOT protect you from government tyranny nor any other groups who wish to coerce you. In fact, I would suggest, having no government makes you the most vulnerable to government tyranny both arising and arriving from elsewhere.

Kim Jong Un might just decide that he likes the piece of land we once called "America" and settle there and extend his order upon every inhabitant and all the little Anarchists will be crying "wah wah, where's my George Washington, no one is here to stop them from taking over."

Btw, you are a Progressive, are you confused?

I'm more or less playing devil's advocate here. The reason I'm not an anarchist is more about the fact that a government will eventually form out of voluntary contracts.
Wall of Fail