Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Scandals on Scandals on Scandals

ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 12:11:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Obama administration is being mired in a torrential flood of scandals of late that, in my opinion, are going to cripple the administration until the 2016 elections. From the Benghazi snafu to the IRS targeting case to the White House tapping the Associated Press's phones and probing reporters the fabric of this administration is quickly unraveling.

The more I see come from this administration the more I am disgusted. This is the true face and character of this group of people. I was surprised to see no one discussing the scandals here so let's open it up for discussion.

Are any of these things criminal?
What do you think is the worst?
Will there be more scandals uncovered?
Is the administration damaged beyond repair?

This is starting to look like US Grant's presidency and Nixon's presidency all over again.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 12:31:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

These scandals are serious things. Why the administration keeps getting a pass is beyond me. One of these things would be enough to cripple any other administration but there are not three serious ones and they keep scraping by.

I'm concerned.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 12:40:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alex Jones said the IRS was targeting the Tea Party 3 years ago and the mainstream media said he's a conspiracy theory. Now the IRS admitted it on record.

Alex Jones said the administration was phone tapping the journalists and people said he's a conspiracy theory. Now it is admitted on record.

Everyone who said Alex Jones is wrong now looks foolish and should be shamed.

There's so many scandals, lawmakers can't even respond to the correct scandal when asked by reporters.

http://news.yahoo.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 2:26:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

That is because the only time the media cares to do investigative reporting is when it serves their own agenda, sadly enough.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 2:48:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It is really very Nixonian minus Woodward and Bernstein, which means it it may be Nixonian, but it's not going to be Watergate.

One would think that a cub reporter who is looking to make a name for himself would ignore the water-holders for the administration and drive the story/stories home.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 2:53:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

because everyone from the media just loves Obama right? It's like there are any ideological denominations among news outlets or anything like that...

What a stupid @ss comment.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 2:56:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 12:11:25 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The Obama administration is being mired in a torrential flood of scandals of late that, in my opinion, are going to cripple the administration until the 2016 elections. From the Benghazi snafu to the IRS targeting case to the White House tapping the Associated Press's phones and probing reporters the fabric of this administration is quickly unraveling.

The more I see come from this administration the more I am disgusted. This is the true face and character of this group of people. I was surprised to see no one discussing the scandals here so let's open it up for discussion.

Are any of these things criminal?
What do you think is the worst?
Will there be more scandals uncovered?
Is the administration damaged beyond repair?

This is starting to look like US Grant's presidency and Nixon's presidency all over again.

It was the DOJ you partisan ignoramus.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 2:58:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Uh oh guys. No criticizing Obambi now. He's like, perfect. And awesome. And its not like 90% of the media wants to have his children or anything.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 3:00:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 2:56:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:11:25 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The Obama administration is being mired in a torrential flood of scandals of late that, in my opinion, are going to cripple the administration until the 2016 elections. From the Benghazi snafu to the IRS targeting case to the White House tapping the Associated Press's phones and probing reporters the fabric of this administration is quickly unraveling.

The more I see come from this administration the more I am disgusted. This is the true face and character of this group of people. I was surprised to see no one discussing the scandals here so let's open it up for discussion.

Are any of these things criminal?
What do you think is the worst?
Will there be more scandals uncovered?
Is the administration damaged beyond repair?

This is starting to look like US Grant's presidency and Nixon's presidency all over again.

It was the DOJ you partisan ignoramus.

You do understand that the DOJ falls under the Attorney General right? I don't understand your point.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 3:06:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 3:00:14 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/15/2013 2:56:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:11:25 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The Obama administration is being mired in a torrential flood of scandals of late that, in my opinion, are going to cripple the administration until the 2016 elections. From the Benghazi snafu to the IRS targeting case to the White House tapping the Associated Press's phones and probing reporters the fabric of this administration is quickly unraveling.

The more I see come from this administration the more I am disgusted. This is the true face and character of this group of people. I was surprised to see no one discussing the scandals here so let's open it up for discussion.

Are any of these things criminal?
What do you think is the worst?
Will there be more scandals uncovered?
Is the administration damaged beyond repair?

This is starting to look like US Grant's presidency and Nixon's presidency all over again.

It was the DOJ you partisan ignoramus.

You do understand that the DOJ falls under the Attorney General right? I don't understand your point.

Yeah I'm well aware. The subpoenas on the journalists' records were signed off by Eric Holder not Obama. If there's any malfeasance here, it exists within the sphere and responsibility of the Department of Justice. It's a similar case with assigning blame for Benghazi. So citing these as analogs of watergate is just hyperinflated partisan babble.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:06:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 2:53:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

because everyone from the media just loves Obama right? It's like there are any ideological denominations among news outlets or anything like that...

What a stupid @ss comment.

Are you claiming there isn't a liberal bias in the media?
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:21:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 6:06:42 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 2:53:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

because everyone from the media just loves Obama right? It's like there are any ideological denominations among news outlets or anything like that...

What a stupid @ss comment.


Are you claiming there isn't a liberal bias in the media?

http://www.cbsnews.com...
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:22:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 6:06:42 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 2:53:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

because everyone from the media just loves Obama right? It's like there are any ideological denominations among news outlets or anything like that...

What a stupid @ss comment.


Are you claiming there isn't a liberal bias in the media?

I don't mean in specific media outlets; I mean almost universally.
YYW
Posts: 36,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:30:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 12:11:25 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The Obama administration is being mired in a torrential flood of scandals of late that, in my opinion, are going to cripple the administration until the 2016 elections. From the Benghazi snafu to the IRS targeting case to the White House tapping the Associated Press's phones and probing reporters the fabric of this administration is quickly unraveling.

The more I see come from this administration the more I am disgusted. This is the true face and character of this group of people. I was surprised to see no one discussing the scandals here so let's open it up for discussion.

Are any of these things criminal?

Based on the series of recent events I'm aware of, it's hard to think that laws weren't at times broken.

What do you think is the worst?

Using the IRS to target conservatives.

Will there be more scandals uncovered?

Time will tell.

Is the administration damaged beyond repair?

Damaged? To many on the left, no. To me, yes. To the general public, hard to say.

This is starting to look like US Grant's presidency and Nixon's presidency all over again.

Nixon's is the better analogy.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:34:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 6:06:42 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 2:53:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

because everyone from the media just loves Obama right? It's like there are any ideological denominations among news outlets or anything like that...

What a stupid @ss comment.


Are you claiming there isn't a liberal bias in the media?

Are you claiming that there is? You DO realize that the republican party standard is farther from the center than the Democratic Party standard, so if media outlets happen to align more with the democrats, that's not because of a liberal bias; it's because this party's the more reasonable at this moment. Don't be stupid.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:42:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 6:34:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 6:06:42 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 2:53:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

because everyone from the media just loves Obama right? It's like there are any ideological denominations among news outlets or anything like that...

What a stupid @ss comment.


Are you claiming there isn't a liberal bias in the media?

Are you claiming that there is? You DO realize that the republican party standard is farther from the center than the Democratic Party standard, so if media outlets happen to align more with the democrats, that's not because of a liberal bias; it's because this party's the more reasonable at this moment. Don't be stupid.

Considering the average newsroom has the ideological diversity of Berkeley, California; I don't see how the media couldn't have a liberal bias. In fact, for the media to not have a liberal bias would necessarily mean they'd need to have a conservative one, for they would not know where to stop! They'd be groping blind in a sea of the right, and any middle ground obtained would be ephemeral if obtained at all.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:48:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 6:42:56 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 6:34:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 6:06:42 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 2:53:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

because everyone from the media just loves Obama right? It's like there are any ideological denominations among news outlets or anything like that...

What a stupid @ss comment.


Are you claiming there isn't a liberal bias in the media?

Are you claiming that there is? You DO realize that the republican party standard is farther from the center than the Democratic Party standard, so if media outlets happen to align more with the democrats, that's not because of a liberal bias; it's because this party's the more reasonable at this moment. Don't be stupid.

Considering the average newsroom has the ideological diversity of Berkeley, California; I don't see how the media couldn't have a liberal bias. In fact, for the media to not have a liberal bias would necessarily mean they'd need to have a conservative one, for they would not know where to stop! They'd be groping blind in a sea of the right, and any middle ground obtained would be ephemeral if obtained at all.

You didn't address my argument. Are you blindly claiming that they have a liberal bias because they're bad people or whatever, or do you concede that they're reporting favors democrats simple because republicans are way too radical.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:51:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 6:48:03 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 6:42:56 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 6:34:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 6:06:42 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 2:53:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

because everyone from the media just loves Obama right? It's like there are any ideological denominations among news outlets or anything like that...

What a stupid @ss comment.


Are you claiming there isn't a liberal bias in the media?

Are you claiming that there is? You DO realize that the republican party standard is farther from the center than the Democratic Party standard, so if media outlets happen to align more with the democrats, that's not because of a liberal bias; it's because this party's the more reasonable at this moment. Don't be stupid.

Considering the average newsroom has the ideological diversity of Berkeley, California; I don't see how the media couldn't have a liberal bias. In fact, for the media to not have a liberal bias would necessarily mean they'd need to have a conservative one, for they would not know where to stop! They'd be groping blind in a sea of the right, and any middle ground obtained would be ephemeral if obtained at all.

You didn't address my argument. Are you blindly claiming that they have a liberal bias because they're bad people or whatever, or do you concede that they're reporting favors democrats simple because republicans are way too radical.

It only seems so radical because you're functionally liberal (and just goes to show you were this bias is coming from) . On balance, the convictions of the right are no more radical than those championed by the left - but I don't expect this to convince you XD
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:54:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Are you blindly claiming that they have a liberal bias because they're bad people"

lol? I don't remember claiming the bias is derived from some ubiquitous character flaw present among the left.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 6:57:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 6:51:14 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 6:48:03 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 6:42:56 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 6:34:14 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 6:06:42 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/15/2013 2:53:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:24:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite telling that the media could hardly care less. If it were someone on the right being accused, they'd be all over it in a heartbeat.

because everyone from the media just loves Obama right? It's like there are any ideological denominations among news outlets or anything like that...

What a stupid @ss comment.


Are you claiming there isn't a liberal bias in the media?

Are you claiming that there is? You DO realize that the republican party standard is farther from the center than the Democratic Party standard, so if media outlets happen to align more with the democrats, that's not because of a liberal bias; it's because this party's the more reasonable at this moment. Don't be stupid.

Considering the average newsroom has the ideological diversity of Berkeley, California; I don't see how the media couldn't have a liberal bias. In fact, for the media to not have a liberal bias would necessarily mean they'd need to have a conservative one, for they would not know where to stop! They'd be groping blind in a sea of the right, and any middle ground obtained would be ephemeral if obtained at all.

You didn't address my argument. Are you blindly claiming that they have a liberal bias because they're bad people or whatever, or do you concede that they're reporting favors democrats simple because republicans are way too radical.

It only seems so radical because you're functionally liberal (and just goes to show you were this bias is coming from) . On balance, the convictions of the right are no more radical than those championed by the left - but I don't expect this to convince you XD

Nonsense. Radicalism is measured against the average - otherwise, it would be a subjective conclusion. Many Republican actions in the past 5 years have not squared well with the American public, and that's why they are farther to the right than liberals are to the left of the center.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 7:00:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Basically, this is how to judge if a source is biased or not (concerning left vs right): if only one side is reporting a perceived bias, it's biased.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 7:08:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Many Republican actions in the past 5 years have not squared well with the American public, and that's why they are farther to the right than liberals are to the left of the center."

Liberal bias in the media has not only been present within the last 5 years.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 7:09:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Although I disapprove mostly every one of Obama's policies, I have to say I applaud him for criticizing those involved in the IRS scandal. And I believe that Obama has the right intentions, but unfortunately successful policy, not aspirations and hope --actually achieves results.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 8:19:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 3:06:56 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 3:00:14 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/15/2013 2:56:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 5/15/2013 12:11:25 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
The Obama administration is being mired in a torrential flood of scandals of late that, in my opinion, are going to cripple the administration until the 2016 elections. From the Benghazi snafu to the IRS targeting case to the White House tapping the Associated Press's phones and probing reporters the fabric of this administration is quickly unraveling.

The more I see come from this administration the more I am disgusted. This is the true face and character of this group of people. I was surprised to see no one discussing the scandals here so let's open it up for discussion.

Are any of these things criminal?
What do you think is the worst?
Will there be more scandals uncovered?
Is the administration damaged beyond repair?

This is starting to look like US Grant's presidency and Nixon's presidency all over again.

It was the DOJ you partisan ignoramus.

You do understand that the DOJ falls under the Attorney General right? I don't understand your point.

Yeah I'm well aware. The subpoenas on the journalists' records were signed off by Eric Holder not Obama. If there's any malfeasance here, it exists within the sphere and responsibility of the Department of Justice. It's a similar case with assigning blame for Benghazi. So citing these as analogs of watergate is just hyperinflated partisan babble.

So you don't think there is much of a connection between the AG and the president? You don't think that Eric Holder directly answers to Obama? No, it's not "hyperinflated partisan babble", although I guess we could say the same about Watergate then.

The implications of this abuse of power are pretty deep and even profound if you value a restrained government that answers to the people and not the otherway around. There are those on the left who do not hold such values, so for them it is dismissable, and I understand that way of thinking, I just don't share it, but it is quite common in Latin America.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 12:00:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
@000ike

You do realize that the DOJ is part of the Executive Branch and that Eric Holder reports directly to Obama right? Whatever happens in the DOJ is naturally going to have some backsplash onto Obama.

For example, if a CFO of a company is caught practicing illicit business practices do you not think that the CEO is going to get some kind of scrutiny or backlash?

It's time for Obama to stand up and take responsibility for this crap. Eric Holder is Obama's responsibility whether you like it or not. It's part of being a leader, you are responsible for the people under you. And the DOJ is very much related to the president.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 9:05:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Worst of all is that some of these people are getting promotions!

Susan Rice is in line to be the NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER in the White House while Jay Carney said he wouldn't call these things scandals. WHAT?!?!
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 10:10:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 12:40:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Alex Jones said the IRS was targeting the Tea Party 3 years ago and the mainstream media said he's a conspiracy theory. Now the IRS admitted it on record.

Alex Jones said the administration was phone tapping the journalists and people said he's a conspiracy theory. Now it is admitted on record.

Everyone who said Alex Jones is wrong now looks foolish and should be shamed.
Anyone with a functional brain knows Jones is a conspiracy nut regardless whether the sun shines on his arse some day.

There's so many scandals, lawmakers can't even respond to the correct scandal when asked by reporters.
There's 3 scandals as far as I know: Benghazi, IRS, and AP. Hopefully there will be more to come! I really wanna see and hear an "Indeed I did have a relationship with Ms. Lewinsky that was not appropriate" moment from Obama!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 11:44:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Until people prove that Obama knew about a given scandal, I am inclined to fault him with incompetence rather than malice.

Also some of the emails of Benghazi were edited by Republicans (http://americablog.com...).