Jump to topic:

How disrespectful

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:18:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Look at what Obama did here. This is terrible. This is yet another scandal.....does Obama respect national defense?

http://s1278.photobucket.com...
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:24:09 PM
Not sure if this is true (photobucket is about as far from a reliable source as you can get but I don't feel like figuring it out for myself), but if it is the Marines should have informed the president they aren't allowed to do that. If he still insisted, than that's disrespectful but I hardly think we should expect a man who is not a Marine to know all of the regulations they need to follow in their uniforms.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 12:27:09 PM
Why didn't they just move the podiums under the awning of the building right behind them?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 1:36:55 PM
At 5/18/2013 12:27:09 PM, drhead wrote:
Why didn't they just move the podiums under the awning of the building right behind them?

Probably a lot of red tape involved and the correct paperwork wasn't completed in time.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 1:48:52 PM
It's not against regs when it's an order, like that obviously was.

You think undercover warrant officers who let themselves get scruffy in order to infiltrate criminals are violating regs?

This was not disrespectful. Asinine, maybe, that they didn't just go somewhere it wasn't raining.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 2:32:35 PM
At 5/18/2013 12:18:55 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Look at what Obama did here. This is terrible. This is yet another scandal.....does Obama respect national defense?

Lol...I don't see how this is an issue, or why they have this marine rule (if it is true). There are a lot of crazy laws on the books. Why enforce the nonsense ones.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 3:22:24 PM
The President is always criticized. If it comes to people criticizing him because he has people hold his umbrellas, he must be doing a amazingly great job.
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 4:35:43 PM
At 5/18/2013 3:22:24 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
The President is always criticized. If it comes to people criticizing him because he has people hold his umbrellas, he must be doing a amazingly great job.

Wrong. Have you heard about Benghazi, the AP, and the IRS lately?
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 4:43:09 PM
At 5/18/2013 12:18:55 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

Oh pulease, this is just nonsense.

Title 10 of the U.S. Code explicitly states that members of the Marine Corps shall "perform such other duties as the President may direct." The President was well within his authority to ask them to assist with umbrellas and the Marines were simple performing their duty to honorably serve the commander in chief. There is no scandal here, it isn't even out of the ordinary and certainly was not disrespectful in any way.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 5:07:10 PM
At 5/18/2013 4:35:43 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

Lol. It is hilarious to think that people think this umbrella thing is actually a scandal. It just shows how the other side manufacture scandals and hate. The Bengazi thing also is hilarious. There were many attacks on embassies (way more than Obama under bush) and the GOP loses their sh!t, when one happens under Obama. You have GOP senators skipping the Bengazi briefing while complaining to the media about how they did not get enough info.

The IRS messed up. But Obama did not direct or know about it. The GOP take random events and make them scandals. Bush had umbrellas held for him. But Obama does it and he is disrespectful. lol

Based on this umbrella thing and Bengazi, the GOP have lost all scandal credibility.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 5:42:39 PM

What's that?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 6:16:24 PM

Benghazi wasn't as big a deal as it is being made out to be. The American embassy in Turkey was suicide bombed in February, but people don't seem to care as much about that, as they do about Benghazi. The AP situation is just disturbing. And what's the problem with the IRS? Are you referring to the woman who said she was bad at math? You do realize her job had no involvement with math, and everything to do with law, the thing she has a degree in. Making a big deal out of that is the same as making a big deal out of someone working at Microsoft, because they are bad with computers. Ignoring the fact that they are the CFO and have a masters in business.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 6:22:50 PM
At 5/18/2013 5:42:39 PM, Contra wrote:

What's that?

I googled the ap, and it was the 4th listing. The Associated Press had 2 months of records of 20 phone lines seized by the government. With no real reasoning given. They simply said it was legal.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 11:12:18 PM
The problem with Bengazhi wasn't that it was bombed. The problem was that the American public was lied to on one the main cause of the attack was. It was a planned terrorist attack. But instead, it was blamed on a video some guy made. Then the president went to condemn this video and apologize for it, even though he had the first amendment right to make it.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 11:58:58 PM
The real problem here is that you've elected a president who won't even hold his own damn umbrella.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 5:32:54 AM
LOL, this is ludicrous. The person who tried to start the scandal was Sarah Palin. On her Facebook page, she said, "most Americans hold their own umbrellas". Sarah Palin clearly is not one of those Americans; there are pictures of her having aides in the rain holding her umbrellas for her.

Also, this is just another examples of Newt Gingrich style tactics; big-government Republicans are just condemning the Democratic leaders for doing the same thing that they do themselves. Here are pictures of George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Ronald Reagan having Marines hold umbrellas for them : https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net...

Why was it any different for Obama to do this? I don't see Republicans whining about how the Bushes and Reagan do not support national defense because they violated military code.

Benghazi really isn't a scandal. The administration said that the terrorist attack was caused by a video. They never said it was not a terrorist attack. Why is it so hard to believe that a terrorist attack could be caused by a video?

Also, if the buffoon who made the video had a First Amendment right to make it, the President has a First Amendment right to condemn it and apologize for it. He did not use governmental action to take down the video or punish the maker, so the maker's rights were not violated. This is yet another half-brained attempt to invent a scandal.

Seriously, these scandals are all contrived.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 5:33:45 AM
At 5/18/2013 11:58:58 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
The real problem here is that you've elected a president who won't even hold his own damn umbrella.

That sounds like every one of our last five presidents, and I wager that if we go back, we'll see that most of them were like this. Do you think Washington was holding his own umbrella? Absolutely not: his slaves were doing it.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 5:53:15 AM
The IRS scandal was definitely bad, but Obama had nothing to do with it. The profiling was carried out by low-leveled IRS officials in Cincinnati. In fact, as I noted earlier, I am very surprised that the Tea Party, which supports racial profiling, did not support the profiling that was done in the IRS. The methods were effective; 75% of the groups scrutinized with this tactic were trying to commit tax fraud. That is much higher than the percentage of African Americans who are jailed as a result of racial profiling.

I'm not surprised that people stop supporting certain actions when they have to experience them. If that happens, those actions magically become illegal and unfair.

Literally the only scandal that has merit is the AP scandal.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 6:25:03 AM
At 5/19/2013 5:53:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
The IRS scandal was definitely bad, but Obama had nothing to do with it. The profiling was carried out by low-leveled IRS officials in Cincinnati. In fact, as I noted earlier, I am very surprised that the Tea Party, which supports racial profiling, did not support the profiling that was done in the IRS. The methods were effective; 75% of the groups scrutinized with this tactic were trying to commit tax fraud. That is much higher than the percentage of African Americans who are jailed as a result of racial profiling.

I'm not surprised that people stop supporting certain actions when they have to experience them. If that happens, those actions magically become illegal and unfair.

I want to see a source that says "75% of the groups scrutinized with this tactic were trying to commit tax fraud"

It is unlikely that a low level IRS agent was able to carry out such a huge level of abuse of power with such a singleness of purpose. It is also falls under the executive branch and the leader of that branch must take responsibility.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 7:42:52 AM
The question isn't a legal question, the question is: What kind of man would make another man hold an umbrella over his head regardless of his social standing in the world.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 7:46:09 AM
http://www.google.com...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 1:38:24 PM
At 5/19/2013 6:25:03 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/19/2013 5:53:15 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I want to see a source that says "75% of the groups scrutinized with this tactic were trying to commit tax fraud"

Alright, I was slightly off. 66% of the groups were falsely claiming that they had no political status and that instead, they were charities. That means 66% of the groups were trying to commit tax fraud.

http://crooksandliars.com...-
It is unlikely that a low level IRS agent was able to carry out such a huge level of abuse of power with such a singleness of purpose.
Really? They flagged 300 groups in the course of a year. Is that really such an abuse of power? Is it so hard to believe that one or two people could flag that many groups in a year? Moreover, let's think for a second about what they actually did. These groups were simply asked to provide more information about their expenses to prove that they were eligible for the tax exemption status they were claiming. I would hardly think that high-level employees are needed for this.
It is also falls under the executive branch and the leader of that branch must take responsibility.
LOL, right, because we hold CEOs responsible every time a customer sales representative says something racist to customers, right?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 1:47:43 PM
I think the real problem here is that every group that applied for the exemption was not scrutinized. If the exemption is only supposed to apply for charities, groups that apply should have to be audited in order to obtain the exemption. That would curtail abuse of this tax status.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 5:36:44 PM
At 5/19/2013 5:32:54 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
LOL, this is ludicrous. The person who tried to start the scandal was Sarah Palin. On her Facebook page, she said, "most Americans hold their own umbrellas". Sarah Palin clearly is not one of those Americans; there are pictures of her having aides in the rain holding her umbrellas for her.

Also, this is just another examples of Newt Gingrich style tactics; big-government Republicans are just condemning the Democratic leaders for doing the same thing that they do themselves. Here are pictures of George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Ronald Reagan having Marines hold umbrellas for them : https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net...

Why was it any different for Obama to do this? I don't see Republicans whining about how the Bushes and Reagan do not support national defense because they violated military code.

Benghazi really isn't a scandal. The administration said that the terrorist attack was caused by a video. They never said it was not a terrorist attack. Why is it so hard to believe that a terrorist attack could be caused by a video?

Also, if the buffoon who made the video had a First Amendment right to make it, the President has a First Amendment right to condemn it and apologize for it. He did not use governmental action to take down the video or punish the maker, so the maker's rights were not violated. This is yet another half-brained attempt to invent a scandal.

The umbrella thing doesn't really bother me. But note for Reagen that was a Secret Service man.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 2:41:43 PM
At 5/19/2013 5:32:54 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Wrong. The administration lied about the attacks by blaming an angry mob incited by a video no one had even heard of and intentionally left any mentions of Al-Qaeda from their talking points. That's a scandal.

so Obama is the president that can phone up a 30-something year old 3rd string basketball player to congratulate him immediately after coming out of the closet, then goes on to plead total ignorance about the IRS, Benghazi, DOJ, Fast&Furious, and HHS scandals in his administration.

Face it - Obama is either stupid, or he's corrupt.