Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Hypocracy on Hypocracy

TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 8:16:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Anyone else notice this little beauty in the news lately?
http://www.washingtonpost.com...

Really? The GOP is complaining about a boss telling his worker what to do? The guys a commander in chief! It almost seems with all the so-called benghazi scandals (which if you watch the committees, are often over-hyped and nothing new is revealed) they're just flinging everything they got at him.

Seriously, what's next? Obama wakes up, takes a breath and the Republicans go after him for stealing air from 'merica demanding committee hearings?

And finally, lets be honest here; worse than Watergate? Or the Contra-affair? Quite the stretch to make that comparison when one undermines the principals of democracy and the other was outright illegal. Almost seems insane to suggest one attack on an embassy should result in a President being terminated when 1) before this even happened Mitch McConnell openly notes he wanted to do anything he could to make Obama a one term president, and 2) these attacks are unfortunately common, and yet under the Reagan administration when they openly violate international law in United States versus Nicaragua , everyone seems to have forgotten this when it comes to his legacy.

What do you guys think?
Thank you for voting!
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 8:18:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
They just want as many things to b!tch about as possible
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 8:45:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You are on your own. Govt is against you not for you. It is doing everything in it's power to make otherwise law abiding people into criminals. Govt is corrupt and usless 100% to the core. Revolution is in order. I hope they fire on that armed demonstration planed for Washington.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 9:44:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/19/2013 8:18:09 PM, thett3 wrote:
They just want as many things to b!tch about as possible

Yeah would seem that way, I'm kinda surprised they wouldn't work with him instead due to his popularity. Seemed to work for republicans via Clinton and Clinton via Bush. Then again, I suppose one could argue that it was a different time.

Shame too that this is the republican party doing this. Some republicans are going to be seen as guilty by association simply because they endorse that ideology. I'm sure not all of them agree that this is as bad as it actually is.
Thank you for voting!
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 9:47:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/19/2013 8:45:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
You are on your own. Govt is against you not for you. It is doing everything in it's power to make otherwise law abiding people into criminals. Govt is corrupt and usless 100% to the core. Revolution is in order. I hope they fire on that armed demonstration planed for Washington.

LOL wut?

The state pays for criminals, and it's draining on them. Why would they want to put more people in prison? Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

And even I believe in gun regulation, but that last sentence was completely uncalled for. Take your proto-fascism elsewhere; the death of people is not something to wish upon someone, and two wrongs certainly do not make a right!
Thank you for voting!
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 9:55:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/19/2013 9:44:10 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 5/19/2013 8:18:09 PM, thett3 wrote:
They just want as many things to b!tch about as possible

Yeah would seem that way, I'm kinda surprised they wouldn't work with him instead due to his popularity. Seemed to work for republicans via Clinton and Clinton via Bush. Then again, I suppose one could argue that it was a different time.

Shame too that this is the republican party doing this. Some republicans are going to be seen as guilty by association simply because they endorse that ideology. I'm sure not all of them agree that this is as bad as it actually is.

They're a lot more stupid now than they were then. Rick Santorum was seriously considered as the Republican party nominee. Think on that
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 10:06:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/19/2013 8:18:09 PM, thett3 wrote:
They just want as many things to b!tch about as possible

^ basically
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 10:07:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/19/2013 9:47:50 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 5/19/2013 8:45:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
You are on your own. Govt is against you not for you. It is doing everything in it's power to make otherwise law abiding people into criminals. Govt is corrupt and usless 100% to the core. Revolution is in order. I hope they fire on that armed demonstration planed for Washington.

LOL wut?

The state pays for criminals, and it's draining on them. Why would they want to put more people in prison? Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

And even I believe in gun regulation, but that last sentence was completely uncalled for. Take your proto-fascism elsewhere; the death of people is not something to wish upon someone, and two wrongs certainly do not make a right!

Just ignore sadolite, hes the crazy old man of DDO
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 10:09:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/19/2013 9:55:21 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 5/19/2013 9:44:10 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 5/19/2013 8:18:09 PM, thett3 wrote:
They just want as many things to b!tch about as possible

Yeah would seem that way, I'm kinda surprised they wouldn't work with him instead due to his popularity. Seemed to work for republicans via Clinton and Clinton via Bush. Then again, I suppose one could argue that it was a different time.

Shame too that this is the republican party doing this. Some republicans are going to be seen as guilty by association simply because they endorse that ideology. I'm sure not all of them agree that this is as bad as it actually is.


They're a lot more stupid now than they were then. Rick Santorum was seriously considered as the Republican party nominee. Think on that

LOL! true!
I think my favorite one was "We will not have our campaign dictated to by fact-checkers!"
...so ... much ... stupid ... GAH!

You know, I think perhaps it's time for Republicans to endorse a more classical conservatism. Kinda like Margret Thatcher, they need to rekindle with the northern Republicans that have been isolated, stop appealing to the tea party (heavily unpopular) and start supporting legal abortions, and then proceed to endorse same sex marriage. Otherwise, they won't appeal to the minorities, and it can be costly as we saw in the previous election. Besides, in my opinion because Gay marriage has been around for so long, I think it would be more conservative to support same sex marriage than liberal, it's been around since the Greek and Roman era's through the state, until Christianity takes it over and it becomes a "religious" thing.
Thank you for voting!
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 10:11:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/19/2013 10:07:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/19/2013 9:47:50 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 5/19/2013 8:45:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
You are on your own. Govt is against you not for you. It is doing everything in it's power to make otherwise law abiding people into criminals. Govt is corrupt and usless 100% to the core. Revolution is in order. I hope they fire on that armed demonstration planed for Washington.

LOL wut?

The state pays for criminals, and it's draining on them. Why would they want to put more people in prison? Sounds like a conspiracy theory.

And even I believe in gun regulation, but that last sentence was completely uncalled for. Take your proto-fascism elsewhere; the death of people is not something to wish upon someone, and two wrongs certainly do not make a right!

Just ignore sadolite, hes the crazy old man of DDO

hmm .. weekly stupid nomination???
Or would that be too flattering for him? LOL!
Thank you for voting!
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2013 10:41:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Seriously? People are getting pissed about marines carrying a freakin' umbrella while they are perfectly fine with them killing innocent people half the world away? Not really a fair comparison but this is just fvcktarded.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TheElderScroll
Posts: 643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 10:56:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/19/2013 8:16:07 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
Anyone else notice this little beauty in the news lately?
http://www.washingtonpost.com...

Really? The GOP is complaining about a boss telling his worker what to do? The guys a commander in chief! It almost seems with all the so-called benghazi scandals (which if you watch the committees, are often over-hyped and nothing new is revealed) they're just flinging everything they got at him.

Seriously, what's next? Obama wakes up, takes a breath and the Republicans go after him for stealing air from 'merica demanding committee hearings?

And finally, lets be honest here; worse than Watergate? Or the Contra-affair? Quite the stretch to make that comparison when one undermines the principals of democracy and the other was outright illegal. Almost seems insane to suggest one attack on an embassy should result in a President being terminated when 1) before this even happened Mitch McConnell openly notes he wanted to do anything he could to make Obama a one term president, and 2) these attacks are unfortunately common, and yet under the Reagan administration when they openly violate international law in United States versus Nicaragua , everyone seems to have forgotten this when it comes to his legacy.

What do you guys think?

Hard to tell. It does seem that marines, unless being requested, cannot carry an umbrella. If President Obama is the first President that requests marines to carry an umbrella for him, it may be something.
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 1:32:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/20/2013 10:56:49 AM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 5/19/2013 8:16:07 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
Anyone else notice this little beauty in the news lately?
http://www.washingtonpost.com...

Really? The GOP is complaining about a boss telling his worker what to do? The guys a commander in chief! It almost seems with all the so-called benghazi scandals (which if you watch the committees, are often over-hyped and nothing new is revealed) they're just flinging everything they got at him.

Seriously, what's next? Obama wakes up, takes a breath and the Republicans go after him for stealing air from 'merica demanding committee hearings?

And finally, lets be honest here; worse than Watergate? Or the Contra-affair? Quite the stretch to make that comparison when one undermines the principals of democracy and the other was outright illegal. Almost seems insane to suggest one attack on an embassy should result in a President being terminated when 1) before this even happened Mitch McConnell openly notes he wanted to do anything he could to make Obama a one term president, and 2) these attacks are unfortunately common, and yet under the Reagan administration when they openly violate international law in United States versus Nicaragua , everyone seems to have forgotten this when it comes to his legacy.

What do you guys think?

Hard to tell. It does seem that marines, unless being requested, cannot carry an umbrella. If President Obama is the first President that requests marines to carry an umbrella for him, it may be something.

Thats the funny thing about this; Reagan Bush Jr and Sr did the same thing, now Sarah Palin is accusing him of being disrespectful.... like what?
Thank you for voting!
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 1:37:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/20/2013 1:32:47 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 5/20/2013 10:56:49 AM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 5/19/2013 8:16:07 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
Anyone else notice this little beauty in the news lately?
http://www.washingtonpost.com...

Really? The GOP is complaining about a boss telling his worker what to do? The guys a commander in chief! It almost seems with all the so-called benghazi scandals (which if you watch the committees, are often over-hyped and nothing new is revealed) they're just flinging everything they got at him.

Seriously, what's next? Obama wakes up, takes a breath and the Republicans go after him for stealing air from 'merica demanding committee hearings?

And finally, lets be honest here; worse than Watergate? Or the Contra-affair? Quite the stretch to make that comparison when one undermines the principals of democracy and the other was outright illegal. Almost seems insane to suggest one attack on an embassy should result in a President being terminated when 1) before this even happened Mitch McConnell openly notes he wanted to do anything he could to make Obama a one term president, and 2) these attacks are unfortunately common, and yet under the Reagan administration when they openly violate international law in United States versus Nicaragua , everyone seems to have forgotten this when it comes to his legacy.

What do you guys think?

Hard to tell. It does seem that marines, unless being requested, cannot carry an umbrella. If President Obama is the first President that requests marines to carry an umbrella for him, it may be something.

Thats the funny thing about this; Reagan Bush Jr and Sr did the same thing, now Sarah Palin is accusing him of being disrespectful.... like what?

Find photographic evidence. Now.

I think we should write an e-mail to Sarah Palin.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 2:21:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't see any violation of the uniform protocol. The protocol is about carrying an umbrella for personal use. So it's silly to complain about that. I never head the protocol complaint anywhere except in the Post article, so I suspect they had to dig hard to come up with that one.

The goal of every liberal's life is to be a victim, which then relieves victim of any responsibility for anything. Hence, the effort to make Obama a victim to get him a free pass for failed policies. Every Obama failure will be the fault of Bush or Republicans or rich people or anyone else who refuses to worship the Lord Obama.

The only complaint I heard about the umbrellas was the symbolism. Obama is symbolically protected by the Marines, while he shows very little concern about the Marines or the military. Obama proposed the severe military cuts as part of the sequester. He left the consulate in Benghazi unprotected, and did nothing as the disaster unfolded. The Veteran's Administration as a disgrace under Bush, and Obama has proceeded to make it much worse. He provided fewer troops in Afghanistan than the military wanted. His justice department declared the Fort Hood terrorist shootings "workplace violence," which substantially reduces the benefits given to some of the survivors.

The irony of Marines serving the President was obvious.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 2:26:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/19/2013 9:55:21 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 5/19/2013 9:44:10 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 5/19/2013 8:18:09 PM, thett3 wrote:
They just want as many things to b!tch about as possible

Yeah would seem that way, I'm kinda surprised they wouldn't work with him instead due to his popularity. Seemed to work for republicans via Clinton and Clinton via Bush. Then again, I suppose one could argue that it was a different time.

Shame too that this is the republican party doing this. Some republicans are going to be seen as guilty by association simply because they endorse that ideology. I'm sure not all of them agree that this is as bad as it actually is.


They're a lot more stupid now than they were then. Rick Santorum was seriously considered as the Republican party nominee. Think on that

PSH seen him lately? He's gearing up for another run in 2016
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 8:12:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/20/2013 2:21:56 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I don't see any violation of the uniform protocol. The protocol is about carrying an umbrella for personal use. So it's silly to complain about that. I never head the protocol complaint anywhere except in the Post article, so I suspect they had to dig hard to come up with that one.

Agreed with the first point, the second however is flawed. It was also on the telegraph.uk, MSNBC, Global, US News, Forward progressives, and the New York post and a few others. It was even tweeted on Sarah Palins wall. And apparently at first it was presented on The conservative Daily Caller which wrote up the incident with the headline, "Obama breaches Marine umbrella protocol" .. Sorry, but I think that although your a respectable republican, your party brought this one on themselves.

The goal of every liberal's life is to be a victim, which then relieves victim of any responsibility for anything. Hence, the effort to make Obama a victim to get him a free pass for failed policies. Every Obama failure will be the fault of Bush or Republicans or rich people or anyone else who refuses to worship the Lord Obama.

Why can we make that claim? Oh yeah .. because republicans instead of deciding to let Obama's policies try themselves and then the people see their results decided that wasn't good enough. Actually if memory serves, Mitch McConnell justified opposing and trying to shut down everything by claiming it was his duty to make Obama a one term president. This was even before he enacted any policies.
Hell, not even 8 days once Obama was elected, Romney was on Fox claiming his policies already failed, in fact even O'reilly was doing the same thing after 6 weeks.


The only complaint I heard about the umbrellas was the symbolism. Obama is symbolically protected by the Marines, while he shows very little concern about the Marines or the military. Obama proposed the severe military cuts as part of the sequester. He left the consulate in Benghazi unprotected, and did nothing as the disaster unfolded. The Veteran's Administration as a disgrace under Bush, and Obama has proceeded to make it much worse. He provided fewer troops in Afghanistan than the military wanted. His justice department declared the Fort Hood terrorist shootings "workplace violence," which substantially reduces the benefits given to some of the survivors.

So by your own logic, it's alright for him to declare war and send in those marines with their lives at risk but not ask them to hold an umbrella? What? And the military expenditure is more than the next 13 countries in-behind the US combined, only China is not a US ally. Those cuts were justified.. Foreign policy is also the most difficult policy, how do you know what intelligence is legit or not?
As for the rest, I agree, the last one I take issue with is the Vet was all republican. Heck, democrats lost it in public when they opposed a bill to give money to the first responders on 9/11 who have had health issues ever since.

The irony of Marines serving the President was obvious.

He's the commander in chief. He signs their paycheques. If your boss told you to hold his umbrella would you? I know I would.
Thank you for voting!