Jump to topic:

Marijuana legalized in North Korea

Nordenkalt444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 8:39:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Kim Jong Eun, the leader of the world's most stalinist dictatorship, recently legalized marijuana classifying it as a safe plant and doesn't consider it a drug. It's not regulated by the Korean government in any way, and naturally grows in the wild. What does this tell you about the "Land of the Free"?
Waffles anyone?
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:01:04 AM
The Land of the Free is a fvcking lie.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:06:16 AM
At 5/21/2013 8:39:46 AM, Nordenkalt444 wrote:
Kim Jong Eun, the leader of the world's most stalinist dictatorship, recently legalized marijuana classifying it as a safe plant and doesn't consider it a drug. It's not regulated by the Korean government in any way, and naturally grows in the wild. What does this tell you about the "Land of the Free"?

Sounds like a trap for pot heads.

I remember reading somewhere that when you look over the DMZ from the south with binoculars, you see signs saying things like, "Come to North Korea, No Taxes!", and the like.

Eitherway, the fact that marijuana is illegal in most of the world means that we can never be more than half serious when we call ourselves "free".
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Nordenkalt444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:12:06 AM
At 5/21/2013 9:06:16 AM, vbaculum wrote:

Sounds like a trap for pot heads.

I remember reading somewhere that when you look over the DMZ from the south with binoculars, you see signs saying things like, "Come to North Korea, No Taxes!", and the like.

Eitherway, the fact that marijuana is illegal in most of the world means that we can never be more than half serious when we call ourselves "free".

They don't have taxes because everything they pay for goes straight to the government, there would be no point lol.
Waffles anyone?
Nordenkalt444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:41:45 AM
At 5/21/2013 9:34:23 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Seems like a troll. Source?

No not a troll lol I'm sorry if it seems that way. I was going to add one but forgot before it was too late :( anyway here you go, just scroll down to the country you want to see:
http://en.wikipedia.org...
Waffles anyone?
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 10:00:30 AM

Nothing other than King Jong Eun is insane.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 11:30:49 AM
When the people are starving, don't have power or water and are living in constant fear of being shipped off to work camps... I'd say drug legalization is a low priority for the masses.
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 12:41:23 PM
Kim Jong Eun, the leader of the world's most stalinist dictatorship, recently legalized marijuana classifying it as a safe plant and doesn't consider it a drug. It's not regulated by the Korean government in any way, and naturally grows in the wild.
"It's not regulated by the North Korean government." Corrected.

What does this tell you about the "Land of the Free"?
It tells me the door is wide open: don't let it hit you on the way out! I think all pot heads, hippies, and liberals should move there and help to keep making it the worker's utopia that it is!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 12:47:01 PM
The difference is that the land of the free allows you to raise your voice and change the public's opinion on a matter, and solve any issue through argumentation. Not so much in North Korea. The government speaks, you listen.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 2:15:57 PM

It really doesn't tell you anything.

You do realize the only laws the leadership in DPRK cares about upholding are the ones that ensure their regime stays stable and in charge. If people smoke a little burning bush, it's not going to be the collapse of his regime. So ultimately I know where you're going with this, but the comparison really isn't really that eye opening, sorry.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 4:27:54 PM

Kim Jong-un didn't "legalize" it recently, it has never been illegal in North Korea.

Most US Soldiers picked it in the DMZ during the Korean war to smoke after battle, it's been legal in North Korea since the country was founded.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 4:28:58 PM
And obviously, Kim Jong-un's barber is a heavy user.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 4:36:41 PM
Like it's been pointed out, cannabis has already been legal in North Korea. On top of that, it's very popular among the people. Everyone there is stoned.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 4:45:22 PM
At 5/21/2013 11:30:49 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
When the people are starving, don't have power or water and are living in constant fear of being shipped off to work camps... I'd say drug legalization is a low priority for the masses.

But high priority for the state. A self-sedating population is good for a corrupt state.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 4:47:13 PM
At 5/21/2013 4:45:22 PM, DanT wrote:
But high priority for the state. A self-sedating population is good for a corrupt state.

Funny enough, cannabis is one of the few things North Koreans have an actual market for. Because it's so cheap there and easy to grow.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 8:08:58 AM

There will always be problems of some sort to worry about, so you will continually tell us that we should not concern ourselves with this blatantly authoritarian policy that strips millions of good people of their civil rights on a daily basis. Very manipulative!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 8:11:47 AM

Well, it keeps them blissfully ignorant of their psychotic dictator at least.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Nordenkalt444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:18:15 AM
At 5/21/2013 4:47:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 5/21/2013 4:45:22 PM, DanT wrote:

Funny enough, cannabis is one of the few things North Koreans have an actual market for. Because it's so cheap there and easy to grow.

No it grows in the wild, you don't even have to do it or buy it, it just grows on the side of the streets.
Waffles anyone?
Nordenkalt444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:20:32 AM
At 5/21/2013 4:28:58 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
And obviously, Kim Jong-un's barber is a heavy user.

I think his barber was his father lol, Kim Jong-Il.
Waffles anyone?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 2:25:05 PM
At 5/22/2013 8:11:47 AM, drhead wrote:

Well, it keeps them blissfully ignorant of their psychotic dictator at least.

If it's so blissful, then maybe we shouldn't have a problem with their system at all.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 2:27:20 PM

Nothing.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 2:32:55 PM
At 5/21/2013 10:34:19 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Well its official, North Korea is a liberal paradise.

Good on ya' mate
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 4:25:52 PM
The Left: "If an 'un-free' country like North Korea does something that promotes freedom of choice that a 'free' country like America has not done, it implies that in certain aspects North Korea is more free that 'the Land of the Free'. From that, we can then conclude that in the name of freedom, marijuana should be legalized ".

The Right: "A country like North Korea, with it's history of 'un-freeness' supports the legalization of marijuana, which just also happens to be a legislation that liberals like. that means liberals want to be like North Korea in the 'un-freeness' aspects as well".

The truth is, it doesn't mean anything.
0x5f3759df
Nordenkalt444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 7:14:03 PM
At 5/22/2013 4:25:52 PM, Bullish wrote:
The Left: "If an 'un-free' country like North Korea does something that promotes freedom of choice that a 'free' country like America has not done, it implies that in certain aspects North Korea is more free that 'the Land of the Free'. From that, we can then conclude that in the name of freedom, marijuana should be legalized ".

The Right: "A country like North Korea, with it's history of 'un-freeness' supports the legalization of marijuana, which just also happens to be a legislation that liberals like. that means liberals want to be like North Korea in the 'un-freeness' aspects as well".

Exactly, to be honest I'm what you would call "middle-wing" and most of all libertarian but it doesn't necessarily mean I think North Korea is more free than USA. Just in this aspect, I'm sure that anyone outside of the luxurious city of Pyongyang wouldn't even care about this.

The truth is, it doesn't mean anything.
Waffles anyone?