Jump to topic:

Politicians don't represent us.

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 12:20:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wrote to all my representatives, and they sent me back obvious form letters, outlining their stance on the subject. They didn't even bother reading what I had to say. How can politicians claim to represent us, when they don't even bother reading what we write to them?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 12:34:57 PM
cause they get hundreds, if not thousands of e-mails everyday and they're very busy people who doesn't have the time to send a lengthy and original respond to your email.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 1:02:05 PM
At 5/23/2013 12:34:57 PM, darkkermit wrote:
cause they get hundreds, if not thousands of e-mails everyday and they're very busy people who doesn't have the time to send a lengthy and original respond to your email.

And even if you do get a "response" to your specific letter, it was most likely an intern who wrote it -not an elected official. Same with twitter, facebook, etc. feeds.
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 1:48:59 PM
What they do is staffers take note of how many letters are coming in on what topics then report to the politicians. They'll meet and they'll say "College students are showing opposition to Bill X" and they take that into account.

If politicians read every note or email that came to them they would have to time to actually work.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 1:50:15 PM
They don't always have time to read individual letters. What makes you think they aren't already aware of your position and your points?
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 5:03:09 PM
At 5/23/2013 4:48:58 PM, Double_R wrote:
Was this thread intended to be serious?

His history of erroneous and deluded conclusions suggests yes.