Jump to topic:

Obama Defends His Foreign Policy Decisions

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 5:05:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Obama gave a great foreign policy speech today addressing his toughest criticisms head on from drones, to GITMO, to civilian casualties, Americans being droned, and more.

He delivered devastating arguments refuting his detractors and defending his foreign policy. Explain that.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 5:11:15 PM
At 5/23/2013 5:07:36 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Translation: "Look at how open minded I am."

I was literally going to post this.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 5:12:27 PM

Wrong. His speech surprised me today, I was curious to see DDO's reaction. Some arguments I agreed with, some I didn't yet were difficult to refute.

It's not often that Obama delivers a speech without making your eyes roll.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 5:14:55 PM
At 5/23/2013 5:12:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Wrong. His speech surprised me today, I was curious to see DDO's reaction. Some arguments I agreed with, some I didn't yet were difficult to refute.

No, it really didn't. You are about as entrenched in your ideas as a fatty loves cake. To make people take your actual ideas seriously and not dismiss you as a close-minded fanatic, which you are, you constructed this publicity stunt to make you appear "open minded. "
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 5:15:41 PM
At 5/23/2013 5:11:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I take quite pride in my fervent, right wing Libertarianism. I have no issue with people saying I don't give Liberalism a chance because I dont. My views are sharper and more certain than ever, but I do not regret my past exploration of other ideologies.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 5:16:59 PM
At 5/23/2013 5:15:41 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 5/23/2013 5:11:15 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I take quite pride in my fervent, right wing Libertarianism. I have no issue with people saying I don't give Liberalism a chance because I dont. My views are sharper and more certain than ever, but I do not regret my past exploration of other ideologies.

Now you pissed everyone. Good job.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 5:18:17 PM
At 5/23/2013 5:14:55 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/23/2013 5:12:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

No, it really didn't. You are about as entrenched in your ideas as a fatty loves cake.

Guilty as charged.

To make people take your actual ideas seriously and not dismiss you as a close-minded fanatic, which you are, you constructed this publicity stunt to make you appear "open minded. "

When I claim that the moon is fake, I dont say that with the expectation that people will take me more seriously. On the contrary, I proclaim these things when specifically pressed on those matters.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 5:23:14 PM
At 5/23/2013 5:16:59 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 5/23/2013 5:15:41 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Now you pissed everyone. Good job.

This is Debate.org, not PleaseEveryone.org.

It is my spirit of debate and respect for opposing views and recognition of their necessity and utility, that I post this video and give credit where it is due. It ideas that challenge my own that are the wet stone sharpening my blade of consciousness.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat