Jump to topic:

Conservatives are nuts

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:00:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
And Fox News should bring new faces to their panels. Ann Coulter appeared on S. Hannity a month ago and happened to comment on one of the Tsarnaev brother's wife, saying, "I don't care if she knew about this -- she should be imprisoned for wearing a hijab." This blonde is still young -- I await the day her wake-up sound comes from the mosque. Nuts like her should wait too.

If the right-wing wants to stand a chance in the next election, perhaps their media outlets should decide wisely who they want as their representatives. This obviously doesn't work. Muslims are a growing group, and if you push them to the Left, have fun getting voters.

What an idiotic world.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:09:57 PM
At 5/23/2013 11:05:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Minority groups almost always tend to vote Democratic anyways. Waste of effort trying to recruit them.
There's a reason behind it. For immigrants, I think it's often due to liberals promising free cookies. That's what they do in Scandinavia. Muslims happen to be immigrants in many places, but it is not rare to find right-wingers at all. What pushes them away is the rhetoric from the right, such as the example I provided from the nutjob Coulter.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:13:31 PM
At 5/23/2013 11:09:57 PM, Mirza wrote:
Minority groups almost always tend to vote Democratic anyways. Waste of effort trying to recruit them.
There's a reason behind it. For immigrants, I think it's often due to liberals promising free cookies. That's what they do in Scandinavia. Muslims happen to be immigrants in many places, but it is not rare to find right-wingers at all. What pushes them away is the rhetoric from the right, such as the example I provided from the nutjob Coulter.

I mean, you can argue the reverse. That the left preaches an anti-white narrative, which causes whites to vote more towards the right-wing.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Talib.ul-Ilm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:24:16 PM
It's funny how Muslims will tend to stray away from the Conservative aspects of politics in the countries they are in, when the religion of Islam itself is a pretty conservative religion. Such as family values and the like.

I never thought about that until you pointed that out.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:27:43 PM
At 5/23/2013 11:24:16 PM, Talib.ul-Ilm wrote:
That's the issue. Muslims are conservatives by default, and right-wing radicals are driving them away. The Republicans could highly benefit in the future from a societal group like Muslims giving them support. Yet they try to treat them as non-Americans or similar nonsense. Why do nutcases like Coulter think they have a special right to reside and behave as they wish in America? Their ethnicity is European. They're nothing but settlers.
Talib.ul-Ilm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 12:16:27 AM
Yep. I agree completely. Lets take it a step further and kick out everyone with non-English/Scottish heritage. Because those were the original settlers in the first place.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 12:19:39 AM
I can't help but think all these Ann Coulters and Rush Limbaughs are actually liberals trying to make conservatives look ridiculous. It absolutely escapes me how they could not possibly see how the negatively affect the conservative image.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:25:02 AM
It's primarily because American Conservatives are Pro-Israeli, most liberals are either apathetic on the issue, for a two state solution or anti-Israeli. Arabs are raised to be Anti-Israel and it is pretty much the major political issue that the majority of them are obsessed with.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 9:20:38 AM
Coulter and Rush don't have any valuable intellect to provide. They make money and get appearances because they act like nut jobs and cause controversy. People do not watch fox to get opposing points of view but to have their prejudices and biases backed up.

I'm sure Rush and Coulter do not believe half the stuff they say (I know Rush admitted to this). However, being reasonable does not sell books, tv shows ect. For some reason people believe a tv appearance gives an opinion credibility, and people love to have their opinions validated.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 10:15:51 AM
At 5/23/2013 11:00:27 PM, Mirza wrote:
And Fox News should bring new faces to their panels. Ann Coulter appeared on S. Hannity a month ago and happened to comment on one of the Tsarnaev brother's wife, saying, "I don't care if she knew about this -- she should be imprisoned for wearing a hijab." This blonde is still young -- I await the day her wake-up sound comes from the mosque. Nuts like her should wait too.

If the right-wing wants to stand a chance in the next election, perhaps their media outlets should decide wisely who they want as their representatives. This obviously doesn't work. Muslims are a growing group, and if you push them to the Left, have fun getting voters.

What an idiotic world.

Are you just now realizing that Ann Coulter is an idiot?

Have you been living under a rock till now?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:43:51 PM
At 5/24/2013 10:15:51 AM, Sidewalker wrote:
Are you just now realizing that Ann Coulter is an idiot?

Have you been living under a rock till now?
She's a nutjob spewing idiotic phrases out -- not an idiot. She excels in boosting the hardcore nonsense the right-wing fancies. She probably deems it success.
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:49:01 PM
At 5/23/2013 11:00:27 PM, Mirza wrote:

What an idiotic world.

As a conservative/libertarian, I truly am appaled at the idiocy of Ann Coulter.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:57:05 PM

Very soon now the "majority" will no longer be.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Jzyehoshua
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 3:08:58 AM
Coulter and Beck are just entertainers saying off the wall stuff to get publicity. Beck actually used to be at CNN until FOX lured him away. They use soundbites instead of in-depth reasoned arguments, like many politicians do. I think Sarah Palin actually got unfairly demonized somewhat, but Coulter and Beck I don't think much of, and I am conservative.

FOX does have some reasonable broadcasters though, see Greta Van Susteren and Juan Williams. The left tries to demonize FOX when all stations have opinion commentators during their primetime spots. See Olbermann, Piers Morgan, Anderson Cooper, Chris Matthews, Dan Rather, etc. They are all just entertainers there to get viewers. They get paid to rile people up so they watch, not to tell the truth.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 6:38:26 AM
At 5/27/2013 3:08:58 AM, Jzyehoshua wrote:
Coulter and Beck are just entertainers saying off the wall stuff to get publicity.
They are honest. They tend to get facts wrong. For example, Coulter criticized Canada on Fox News for not rolling alongside America in wars -- in another interview, she explained her reasoning by stating they aided the US in Vietnam, which is untrue. These things are not for entertainment.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 7:41:28 AM
At 5/23/2013 11:13:31 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I mean, you can argue the reverse. That the left preaches an anti-white narrative, which causes whites to vote more towards the right-wing.

I'm sorry but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The margin by which Obama gained African American, latino, and Asian voters FAR FAR FAR exceeds the margin by which Romney gained White voters. And he received that margin in the first place because a pro-minority campaign is bound to have an offshoot of white voters for the opposite side. It isn't that the campaign was "anti-white"...it's that it was pro-something else that wasn't white.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 8:19:42 AM
At 5/24/2013 12:16:27 AM, Talib.ul-Ilm wrote:
Yep. I agree completely. Lets take it a step further and kick out everyone with non-English/Scottish heritage. Because those were the original settlers in the first place.

What about the Irish? Can they stay?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 12:52:02 PM
At 5/24/2013 9:38:29 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
Conservatives love the constitution and amendments...unless they are applied to Muslims.

Oh good lord this is the stupidest thing I've heard in days on this site.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 1:06:12 PM
At 5/27/2013 12:52:02 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Conservatives love the constitution and amendments...unless they are applied to Muslims.

"Ought To Be In Prison For Wearing A Hijab"

Hannity an Coulter wanted to try the boston bomber and an enemy combatant. Taking away his right to a free trial.

Hannity wanted to waterboard the boston bomber, which violates his rights against cruel punishment.

Ann coulter said the bombers wife "Ought To Be In Prison For Wearing A Hijab". There goes freedom of religion.

Also, a fox news guy said that muslims should not be allowed to study at usa colleges.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...

So please help me understand why that was the stupidest thing you ever heard?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 4:55:00 PM
At 5/27/2013 1:06:12 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Hannity an Coulter wanted to try the boston bomber and an enemy combatant. Taking away his right to a free trial.

Hannity wanted to waterboard the boston bomber, which violates his rights against cruel punishment.

Ann coulter said the bombers wife "Ought To Be In Prison For Wearing A Hijab". There goes freedom of religion.

Also, a fox news guy said that muslims should not be allowed to study at usa colleges.

You're basing the views of the entire population of Conservative Americans off the clipped sentences of two shock jock TV personalities. That's why.

He's an American citizen so he'll be getting a fair trial in court. He's not going to be water boarded. His wife is going to be investigated for being the wife of a terrorist bomber.

You're an idiot.

Hey did you know that all liberals think that the Jews should leave Israel and go home to Poland? "Jews should "get the hell out of Palestine" and "go home" to Germany and Poland." Yeah, a liberal reporter said that so you know... it must be true for all liberals right?
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 4:57:02 PM
I think the point was that those examples are stupider than the quote you criticised in the first place. Don't let me get in the way of a massive over-reaction though.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 5:52:48 PM
At 5/23/2013 11:24:16 PM, Talib.ul-Ilm wrote:
It's funny how Muslims will tend to stray away from the Conservative aspects of politics in the countries they are in, when the religion of Islam itself is a pretty conservative religion. Such as family values and the like.

They tend to be more authoritarian than conservative. Sharia law is not compatible with limited government and the separation of church and state.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 6:01:00 PM
At 5/27/2013 7:41:28 AM, 000ike wrote:

I'm sorry but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Well everything is the stupidest thing you've ever heard, so that doesn't say much.

The margin by which Obama gained African American, latino, and Asian voters FAR FAR FAR exceeds the margin by which Romney gained White voters.

So, you've managed to show that there are whites that can buy into the anti-white narrative or don't care about and voted based on other values. There's still a margin

And he received that margin in the first place because a pro-minority campaign is bound to have an offshoot of white voters for the opposite side. It isn't that the campaign was "anti-white"...it's that it was pro-something else that wasn't white.

This is talking about Democratic candidates in general, regardless of color, tend to support more minority groups, and a smaller percentage of white votes.
Open borders debate:
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 6:33:51 PM
At 5/27/2013 4:55:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

You're basing the views of the entire population of Conservative Americans off the clipped sentences of two shock jock TV personalities. That's why.

He's an American citizen so he'll be getting a fair trial in court. He's not going to be water boarded. His wife is going to be investigated for being the wife of a terrorist bomber.

You're an idiot.

Hey did you know that all liberals think that the Jews should leave Israel and go home to Poland? "Jews should "get the hell out of Palestine" and "go home" to Germany and Poland." Yeah, a liberal reporter said that so you know... it must be true for all liberals right?

As OP mentioned Coulter and Hannity, it made sense to show examples made by Coulter and Hannity, no? Since OP criticized the craziness of Coulter and Hannity by comments are completely relevant.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 7:21:12 PM
At 5/27/2013 6:33:51 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 5/27/2013 4:55:00 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

You're an idiot.

As OP mentioned Coulter and Hannity, it made sense to show examples made by Coulter and Hannity, no? Since OP criticized the craziness of Coulter and Hannity by comments are completely relevant.

So you should revise your statement to say Hannity and Coulter like the constitution except when it applies to Muslims and not "conservatives" as a blanket term.

kthanx.

/endconvo
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 7:24:49 PM

How?
Maikuru and tulle.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 7:50:55 PM
At 5/27/2013 7:24:49 PM, yin.yang wrote:

How?

Support of affirmative action, and the subsidization and giving of grants to specifically target minority businesses.
Open borders debate:
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 7:58:11 PM
At 5/27/2013 7:50:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/27/2013 7:24:49 PM, yin.yang wrote:

How?

Support of affirmative action, and the subsidization and giving of grants to specifically target minority businesses.

A well-established country that derived its wealth from the land and labor of others letting the descendants of the subjected suffer when their suffering is the residual consequence of its past extortions? What would this world come to without Liberals?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault