Jump to topic:

Propagandists

kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 4:20:46 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I live in the nations capitol. We have an influx of propagandists here. I sometimes ride our Metro system, and outside you will see folks from the "LaRouche" camp,and others passing out pamphlets. I used to read the magazines they passed out, but I noticed how outlandish some of the material would be. At the same time, there were some ideas that were not far fetched.

In contrast, the propaganda that the government uses to blind the masses, such as Condoleeza Rice saying that there would be a "mushroom cloud" in some major cities if we did not act with haste to invade Iraq,or Colin Powell lying on the UN floor. This proved to be bunkum, because they never found anything. From that point on the war took on various "causes", and reinvented itself too many times. "Operation Iraqi Freedom",(how the heck do you liberate a country that we controlled anyway?) .
This is not so much about the war, as I am positive that some are exhausted from talking about it, even though the troops are still there.

This is to make you think about how we are easily controlled, and manipulated. Most American people will take their medicine without any prodding. Such a shame to be in the Matrix, glad I unplugged a long time ago. The spin misters are keen on deceiving us on mass levels.

Look how Obama was Charioted in to be the countries "Hope", yet he has seen nothing but barricades sitting in front of everything he is trying to do. I can't understand why people were so misled into thinking that when Obama was whisked in in the middle of the night, that he would solve problems that have been in the making since of country was "supposedly founded". You do now that it is propaganda that this country was founded,don't you? You don't find something that already had inhabitants.
That's called INVASION.(just like Iraq)
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 1:26:49 PM
I fail to see the point you draw up here. Propaganda is just apart of the tools set of any government, organization, movement or powerful individual.

You may not like it, because it can lead to bad things that those people want to happen, but it is apart of how things work. Hell, you can't actually run a campaign against the use of propaganda without propaganda!

The best thing against propaganda is education and awareness. If most individuals in the United States were not so apathetic and unaware, maybe something like Iraq wouldn't have occurred.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 6:00:10 PM
At 12/2/2009 1:26:49 PM, Volkov wrote:
I fail to see the point you draw up here. Propaganda is just apart of the tools set of any government, organization, movement or powerful individual.

You may not like it, because it can lead to bad things that those people want to happen, but it is apart of how things work. Hell, you can't actually run a campaign against the use of propaganda without propaganda!

The best thing against propaganda is education and awareness. If most individuals in the United States were not so apathetic and unaware, maybe something like Iraq wouldn't have occurred.

This is the point I wished to make. That if people were not so unaware that things like this would not occur. If also needs to be said of how easily the masses are manipulted, but I guess if you don't know that forces are set up to hold you at bay, than it doesn't matter than.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 6:17:21 PM
At 12/2/2009 6:00:10 PM, kelly224 wrote:

This is the point I wished to make. That if people were not so unaware that things like this would not occur. If also needs to be said of how easily the masses are manipulted, but I guess if you don't know that forces are set up to hold you at bay, than it doesn't matter than.

"forces set up to hold you at bay"
-this sounds kind of in keeping with some of your other posts.

I think that for the most part people aren't held back because some group of elites is conspiratorially manipulating the system to hold them so, but rather due to "the masses" generally stupid nature. People for the most part don't care to think much.

In the case of Black people's being held back, I think that the main factor (TODAY) is not any kind of conspiracy, but rather because of their two dominant cultures are impoverished cultures of ignorance (probably mostly due to those conspiracies against them in the past), religious dominance, and "street mentality" dominance , which both fail to meet the needs of the people (though their church culture support reasonably civil action, it denies the merit of reason, preferring blind adherence).
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 10:07:10 PM

Unfortunately, the average Joe doesn't give two sh!ts about politics and how a country is actually run, so they vote for the person that promises them the most. Like Volkov said, propaganda is just a tool for politicians and people with power. If you want any chance of winning over the average idiot voter, you're going to have to tell them things they want to hear.

However, I would like to know what "forces" you are referring to that you believe are holding people back, and what exactly is it that we are being held back from?
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:29:27 AM
At 12/2/2009 6:17:21 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

This is the point I wished to make. That if people were not so unaware that things like this would not occur. If also needs to be said of how easily the masses are manipulated, but I guess if you don't know that forces are set up to hold you at bay, than it doesn't matter than.

"forces set up to hold you at bay"
-this sounds kind of in keeping with some of your other posts.

I think that for the most part people aren't held back because some group of elites is conspiratorially manipulating the system to hold them so, but rather due to "the masses" generally stupid nature. People for the most part don't care to think much.

In the case of Black people's being held back, I think that the main factor (TODAY) is not any kind of conspiracy, but rather because of their two dominant cultures are impoverished cultures of ignorance (probably mostly due to those conspiracies against them in the past), religious dominance, and "street mentality" dominance , which both fail to meet the needs of the people (though their church culture support reasonably civil action, it denies the merit of reason, preferring blind adherence).

I agree with the point of past conspiracies, but if it sounds like I am reposting certain things, that's because some things are deeply ingrained in me, just as you have your opinion that I am complaining...YOUR opinion, and you are entitled to it. I could say that white folks or any other culture are whiners as well. If not, than why do we as Americans feel the need to pry into everyone Else's life?...People claim to be so righteous for the public, but have their own set of private thoughts that the masses don't hear.

You can be told anything, and being as though you opened your ear to it, you will formulate an opinion of it. You feeling that blacks complain has been set into your mind some time ago, manly because you are not black(not sure if you are or not).

I can't speak for you, and you can't speak for me. I tell things the way I see them, and you do the same even if you are in the Matrix.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:30:38 AM
At 12/2/2009 10:07:10 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:

Unfortunately, the average Joe doesn't give two sh!ts about politics and how a country is actually run, so they vote for the person that promises them the most. Like Volkov said, propaganda is just a tool for politicians and people with power. If you want any chance of winning over the average idiot voter, you're going to have to tell them things they want to hear.

However, I would like to know what "forces" you are referring to that you believe are holding people back, and what exactly is it that we are being held back from?

The same forces that institute policy, or the ones that allowed Bush to win an election he clearly lost. The few that control the many.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:35:19 AM
At 12/3/2009 8:29:27 AM, kelly224 wrote:
I agree with the point of past conspiracies, but if it sounds like I am reposting certain things, that's because some things are deeply ingrained in me, just as you have your opinion that I am complaining...YOUR opinion, and you are entitled to it. I could say that white folks or any other culture are whiners as well. If not, than why do we as Americans feel the need to pry into everyone Else's life?...People claim to be so righteous for the public, but have their own set of private thoughts that the masses don't hear.

You can be told anything, and being as though you opened your ear to it, you will formulate an opinion of it. You feeling that blacks complain has been set into your mind some time ago, manly because you are not black(not sure if you are or not).

I can't speak for you, and you can't speak for me. I tell things the way I see them, and you do the same even if you are in the Matrix.

I never said "black people complain too much" nor did I say that you do, I was just telling you what I view to be the main reasons that people generally are usually "held back", and specifically how I think many blacks are being "held back" in todays world.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:36:29 AM
At 12/3/2009 8:35:19 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I never said "black people complain too much" nor did I say that you do, I was just telling you what I view to be the main reasons that people generally are usually "held back", and specifically how I think many blacks are being "held back" in todays america

fixed

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:39:44 AM
At 12/3/2009 8:30:38 AM, kelly224 wrote:

The same forces that institute policy, or the ones that allowed Bush to win an election he clearly lost. The few that control the many.

You mean the one where he won the electoral college vote, and thus the election??

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:59:18 AM
People claim to be so righteous for the public, but have their own set of private thoughts that the masses don't hear.

I thought I was being rather straight forward with the whole impoverished culture of ignorance thing. That is what I think. I don't think it has anything to do with their "race" directly, I see no reason to think it would beyond the fact that in the past they were treated as less than human, and thus their culture may have tried to deal with this in centering around devout religious perseverance, and conversely, a take what you can get b/c the worlds sucks attitude.

Metaphysics:
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 9:24:43 AM
At 12/3/2009 8:59:18 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
People claim to be so righteous for the public, but have their own set of private thoughts that the masses don't hear.

I thought I was being rather straight forward with the whole impoverished culture of ignorance thing. That is what I think. I don't think it has anything to do with their "race" directly, I see no reason to think it would beyond the fact that in the past they were treated as less than human, and thus their culture may have tried to deal with this in centering around devout religious perseverance, and conversely, a take what you can get b/c the worlds sucks attitude.

Things seem to be under the radar, because things are done more cerebrally. You can fight someone with greater ease if you get inside their heads. Do you honestly think that if things were that much better, than blacks would complain?...Just as if any other person is treated unfairly, they won't like it. I don't care how I come across to anyone in these forums. ome of my ideas sem far fetched partly because you can't understand where I am coimng from.

Most people don't step outisde their own self absorption to notice, especially these days.

I actually did not want to turn this inot another race thread.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 9:45:16 AM
yo whats up guys
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com