Jump to topic:

The Hetero Solution for Gays who want kids

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:17:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've always been completely dumbfounded by those who argue that gays who want children would be best served by, instead of championing to live with the people they love, passively taking up with a good female caretaker.

Parental affections towards children and each other shape how those children define future relationships. It largely determines how they will perceive behaviors in others as loving or not loving. For instance, a child who gets beaten by a father who also says he loves her is more likely, when she grows up, to take on boyfriends who beat her even while non-violent options are around. And no, this does not entail homosexuality is behaviorally transmitted. It entails that the individual will not see same-sex attachment behavior as intrinsically yucky.

That in mind, which do you think is more damaging psychologically to a child?

A: Being brought up by two loving parents who love each other and are of the same sex
B: Being brought up by two loving parents who spent their lives pretending to love each other for the sake of the kids.

The worst the children of homosexuals get is dealing with a society full of people who would prefer B over A.

The worst the children in situation B will get is a completely dysfunctional sense of personal attachment and a false idea of what loving another person should be like.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:26:53 PM
Kind of confused on what you're trying to say. You state a situation in which the parent is directly harming the child, but you switch to saying that if the two parents don't love each other, then it will harm the child. I don't see how you've shown this to be true.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:31:30 PM
At 6/12/2013 9:17:45 PM, Wnope wrote:
I've always been completely dumbfounded by those who argue that gays who want children would be best served by, instead of championing to live with the people they love, passively taking up with a good female caretaker.

Parental affections towards children and each other shape how those children define future relationships. It largely determines how they will perceive behaviors in others as loving or not loving. For instance, a child who gets beaten by a father who also says he loves her is more likely, when she grows up, to take on boyfriends who beat her even while non-violent options are around. And no, this does not entail homosexuality is behaviorally transmitted. It entails that the individual will not see same-sex attachment behavior as intrinsically yucky.

That in mind, which do you think is more damaging psychologically to a child?

A: Being brought up by two loving parents who love each other and are of the same sex
B: Being brought up by two loving parents who spent their lives pretending to love each other for the sake of the kids.

The worst the children of homosexuals get is dealing with a society full of people who would prefer B over A.

The worst the children in situation B will get is a completely dysfunctional sense of personal attachment and a false idea of what loving another person should be like.

I'm always amused and saddened by those who oppose gay marriage "for the sake of the kids." The problem is not the biological sex of the parents, the problem is a society that judges people based on children's parent's sex.
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:33:39 PM
At 6/12/2013 9:26:53 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
What if the kid caught his two dads having bumsex?

You're irritating trolling will not be tolerated for much longer.
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:34:46 PM
Seriously though, the bumsex? I mean you're not sugar coating that with the birds and the bees... what the f*ck is a little kid gonna think?

Like you'd imagine gay sex is less gentle than straight sex too...
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:35:24 PM
At 6/12/2013 9:33:39 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 6/12/2013 9:26:53 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
What if the kid caught his two dads having bumsex?

You're irritating trolling will not be tolerated for much longer.

Not even trolling.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:36:07 PM
At 6/12/2013 9:34:46 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
Seriously though, the bumsex? I mean you're not sugar coating that with the birds and the bees... what the f*ck is a little kid gonna think?

Since when was straight sex gentle? That sounds so boring...
Tsar of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:37:16 PM
At 6/12/2013 9:26:53 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Kind of confused on what you're trying to say. You state a situation in which the parent is directly harming the child, but you switch to saying that if the two parents don't love each other, then it will harm the child. I don't see how you've shown this to be true.

I'm talking about probable psychological effects. The idea is supposed to be that the mental health of children will be better if their parents do not actually have feelings for each other versus parents who have feelings for each other but are the same sex.

I'm questioning that assumption based not simply on whether gays are as good a parent as heteros, but also the assumption that gays marrying women just to have children is somehow beneficial to the child.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:37:44 PM
At 6/12/2013 9:36:07 PM, YYW wrote:

Since when was straight sex gentle? That sounds so boring...

HA. I laughed at this...
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:37:44 PM
Mammy and child would've evolved also one would think under the assumption that child wouldn't be ripped from mammy's arms day one...

Dunno? Pheww, a loving family would be better than an orphanage i guess
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:39:21 PM
At 6/12/2013 9:37:16 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 6/12/2013 9:26:53 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I'm talking about probable psychological effects. The idea is supposed to be that the mental health of children will be better if their parents do not actually have feelings for each other versus parents who have feelings for each other but are the same sex.

I'm questioning that assumption based not simply on whether gays are as good a parent as heteros, but also the assumption that gays marrying women just to have children is somehow beneficial to the child.

But where's the evidence for either one, or are you just asking an open question and uncertain of the answer?
Open borders debate:
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:39:29 PM

No, I wouldn't. I have met several homosexuals who have emphasized that, especially in their first experiences, delicacy was of the utmost importance.

Pray tell, what are YOU imagining? Because it sounds like you're envisioning something along the lines of prison rape.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:41:34 PM
I mean, i think it would be a little fvcked up once the kid, thinking that his/her parents are heteosexual only to find one of them has actually been gay and the marriage is all a lie.
Open borders debate:
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:43:35 PM
In the movie Interview with the Vampire, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt are gay vampire lovers and they turn the little girl they adopted into a vampire. This movie was an illustration of what I'm talking about. The vampirism was a metaphor for the brutality on man on man bumsex.
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:45:46 PM
Are you trying to tell me Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise have no idea what they're talking (acting) about, Wnope?
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:55:43 PM
My trolling is excellent so long as you're not a retard. IMO all kids should be raised by the government (everyone) like in Brave New World

Have any of you ever watched Shortbus? Seriously now
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 9:58:47 PM
Is walking in on sex ever a pleasant experience for a kid? Until your late teenage years, sex is usually an awkward subject anyways especially in regards to your family.
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 10:02:47 PM
At 6/12/2013 9:58:47 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Is walking in on sex ever a pleasant experience for a kid? Until your late teenage years, sex is usually an awkward subject anyways especially in regards to your family.

Dude think of a little girl walking in on her two dads dogging it hardcore. She wouldn't even have a penis, no idea what was going on. Now think on Dexter if you've watched it, how he became what he was.

You know I actually started this off completely trolling but I feel I've made too much sense to stand down now... I only considered Interview with a Vampire for what it was there too lol
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 10:07:11 PM
At 6/12/2013 10:02:47 PM, PrivateEye wrote:

Dude think of a little girl walking in on her two dads dogging it hardcore. She wouldn't even have a penis, no idea what was going on. Now think on Dexter if you've watched it, how he became what he was.

You know I actually started this off completely trolling but I feel I've made too much sense to stand down now... I only considered Interview with a Vampire for what it was there too lol

Do kids ever know what's going on with sex? No. Not usually. And not fully.
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 10:09:57 PM
At 6/12/2013 10:07:11 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Did Dexter? I dunno, maybe I'm drawing similarities between gay sex and the chopping up of people that i shouldn't be...

but then.... AIDS?! Holy sh*t God was right!!
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 10:12:46 PM
At 6/12/2013 10:09:57 PM, PrivateEye wrote:

Did Dexter? I dunno, maybe I'm drawing similarities between gay sex and the chopping up of people that i shouldn't be...

Go away -_- and stop basing your arguments of a TV show.
PrivateEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2013 10:14:37 PM
At 6/12/2013 10:12:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 6/12/2013 10:09:57 PM, PrivateEye wrote:

Go away -_- and stop basing your arguments of a TV show.

I'm sorry, your argument is worth how much in comparison to the TV shows I'm putting forward? Dexter and Interview with a Vampire? Two rather big hits...