Total Posts:107|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If...

PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 10:47:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
If reincarnation is the case, then world communism is its complimentary political ideology. Everyone is actually then your family, darkkermit. No more monkey arguments.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:33:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 10:47:51 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
If reincarnation is the case, then world communism is its complimentary political ideology. Everyone is actually then your family, darkkermit. No more monkey arguments.



a) Reincarnation is very unlikely to be the case. Didn't watch a 45 minute vide. Give me the TL;DW.
b) It doesn't follow that if reincarnation exists therefore communism.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:36:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
If you're talking hindu or buddhist reincarnation, the point is kind of defeated when you go all communist. Ya know, moving to different levels of existence as punishment/reward, all that.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:40:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 11:36:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you're talking hindu or buddhist reincarnation, the point is kind of defeated when you go all communist. Ya know, moving to different levels of existence as punishment/reward, all that.

The video would only prove straight up reincarnation. You're not getting any private insurance against ever reincarnating as black.
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:41:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 11:33:10 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/13/2013 10:47:51 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
If reincarnation is the case, then world communism is its complimentary political ideology. Everyone is actually then your family, darkkermit. No more monkey arguments.



a) Reincarnation is very unlikely to be the case. Didn't watch a 45 minute vide. Give me the TL;DW.
b) It doesn't follow that if reincarnation exists therefore communism.

TL;DR reincarnation is the case. Also read my next post to Ragner, and I do believe you always made argument that we were built not to care about others only a few around us. Well, this blows that out of the water. F*cking monkeys.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:48:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 11:41:55 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
At 6/13/2013 11:33:10 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/13/2013 10:47:51 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
If reincarnation is the case, then world communism is its complimentary political ideology. Everyone is actually then your family, darkkermit. No more monkey arguments.



a) Reincarnation is very unlikely to be the case. Didn't watch a 45 minute vide. Give me the TL;DW.
b) It doesn't follow that if reincarnation exists therefore communism.

TL;DR reincarnation is the case. Also read my next post to Ragner, and I do believe you always made argument that we were built not to care about others only a few around us. Well, this blows that out of the water. F*cking monkeys.

Well, yes that is true. But if you remember my case against communism, I made more cases than just "lack of empathy". The social calculation problem was one of them.

And yes, I seriously doubt the video gave any real evidence for reincarnation. Hoaxes would be the better term for it.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:50:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 10:47:51 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
If reincarnation is the case, then world communism is its complimentary political ideology. Everyone is actually then your family, darkkermit. No more monkey arguments.



I disagree. I have did extensive research into prehistoric religions. Reincarnation, as well as belief in the afterlife played a role in this. The part of the soul that is reincarnated is not the same as the part of the soul that makes you family.

OK there are 2 souls. One incorporeal and one corporeal. The corporeal soul is governed by the brain while the incorporeal soul is governed by the heart (technically the incorporeal heart that resides within the anatomical heart). The corporeal soul's container is the body, and the incorporeal soul's container is the shade or shadow. The shade or shadow is an incorporeal double of the body; almost like the body's twin.

The Corporeal soul is comprised of the 5 senses; smell, taste, touch, hearing, and sight. The incorporeal soul is comprised of the spirit, the essence, and the life-force. The Egyptians would call the spirit the Ba, and the life-force the Ka. The Chinese would call the Spirit the Shen, and the life-force the ki, and the essence the jing. The Inuits also have a similar system.

The essence transmits family lineage, the life-force binds the soul to the body, and the spirit is responsible for your personality or Psyche.

Unlike the corporeal soul, the incorporeal soul can also be split, between a living self, a conscious-self, and a true-self. Each have their own postmortem destination. The true-self is reincarnated, the conscious-self resides within the tomb or grave, and the living-self resides within dedicated shrines and monuments (such as memorials, statues, and portraits). When one engages in ancestor worship, they are appealing to the living-self of their deceased relatives.

In order to be reunited the life-force and the true-self have to reunite after death. It is the life-force that binds the soul to the body. Once reincarnated the only thing remaining from the old life is the true-self.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:53:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
darkkermit all your arguments were always retarded. It's just you're retard brainwashed American and that passes over there.

And watch the video. This was an actual experienced religious experience. This is no Bible from authors pretty much unknown. The truth of the video is rather obvious.
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 12:08:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The social calculation problem is the most retarded argument there ever was to be honest.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 3:05:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 12:08:49 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
The social calculation problem is the most retarded argument there ever was to be honest.

Tell me what you think the social calculation problem is.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 3:06:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 3:05:28 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 6/13/2013 12:08:49 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
The social calculation problem is the most retarded argument there ever was to be honest.

Tell me what you think the social calculation problem is.

You guys can't count.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 3:46:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Since you cannot remember (not gonna watch the vid) anything about a past life, there is zero point to reincarnation, and that's what makes it so unlikely.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 3:48:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
That OP was remarkably incoherent.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 3:48:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 3:46:17 PM, innomen wrote:
Since you cannot remember (not gonna watch the vid) anything about a past life, there is zero point to reincarnation, and that's what makes it so unlikely.

These people are remembering. Maybe God's giving us a sign telling us we're all family.
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 3:51:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 3:48:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
That OP was remarkably incoherent.

This is very f*cking annoying. What's not to be understood tell me?
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:03:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 3:51:08 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
At 6/13/2013 3:48:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
That OP was remarkably incoherent.

This is very f*cking annoying. What's not to be understood tell me?

1. Well for starters you misspelled complementary
2. Then you imply that reincarnation is an "ideology"
3. Then you assert that communism is the complement of reincarnation (the connection here is totally lost on me)
4. Then you conclude that if communism is the complement of reincarnation, everyone is familiar.
5. Then you end with monkeys

Do you see now the lack of logical connectivity or are you imagining deductive bridges you neglected to mention?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:03:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 3:48:28 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
At 6/13/2013 3:46:17 PM, innomen wrote:
Since you cannot remember (not gonna watch the vid) anything about a past life, there is zero point to reincarnation, and that's what makes it so unlikely.

These people are remembering. Maybe God's giving us a sign telling us we're all family.

So when a few people can remember, while the reason of the 7 billion people cannot what's the most likely reasoning then? This includes a world where we know people can believe false information and people are well known to lie.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:05:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yea, people can have false memories bud. Also children have pretty good imaginations and don't have problems telling ridiculous stories and lies.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:06:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 10:47:51 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
If reincarnation is the case, then world communism is its complimentary political ideology. Everyone is actually then your family, darkkermit. No more monkey arguments.

Thats one of the dumbest things iver ever heard.

Saving it for later too
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:08:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 4:03:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/13/2013 3:51:08 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
At 6/13/2013 3:48:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
That OP was remarkably incoherent.

This is very f*cking annoying. What's not to be understood tell me?

1. Well for starters you misspelled complementary
ok
2. Then you imply that reincarnation is an "ideology"
didn't realize i did that, i was positing communism as the correct ideology to go along with it
3. Then you assert that communism is the complement of reincarnation (the connection here is totally lost on me)
this is what i was getting at yeah and basically the reasoning behind it was that reincarnation brings us all together in itself, or as documented in this video.
4. Then you conclude that if communism is the complement of reincarnation, everyone is familiar.
what? it would make the family that we are supposed to be out of us. imagine you f*cked a dude over, destroyed his business then died and reincarnated as his newborn son
5. Then you end with monkeys
darkkermit is the one always bringing up monkeys

Do you see now the lack of logical connectivity or are you imagining deductive bridges you neglected to mention?

Any better? Lol I guess it's a bit of a mad argument to be making
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:09:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 4:03:43 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/13/2013 3:48:28 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
At 6/13/2013 3:46:17 PM, innomen wrote:
Since you cannot remember (not gonna watch the vid) anything about a past life, there is zero point to reincarnation, and that's what makes it so unlikely.

These people are remembering. Maybe God's giving us a sign telling us we're all family.

So when a few people can remember, while the reason of the 7 billion people cannot what's the most likely reasoning then? This includes a world where we know people can believe false information and people are well known to lie.

Consider the absurdity of you destroying a man's business, outplaying him on the capitalist field, then reincarnating as his newborn son
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:10:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 4:06:25 PM, imabench wrote:
At 6/13/2013 10:47:51 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
If reincarnation is the case, then world communism is its complimentary political ideology. Everyone is actually then your family, darkkermit. No more monkey arguments.

Thats one of the dumbest things iver ever heard.

Saving it for later too
imabench you are a child. carry on
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:13:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 4:06:25 PM, imabench wrote:
At 6/13/2013 10:47:51 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
If reincarnation is the case, then world communism is its complimentary political ideology. Everyone is actually then your family, darkkermit. No more monkey arguments.

Thats one of the dumbest things iver ever heard.

Saving it for later too

Something that is incoherent doesn't quite flow for the reader. Something that is dumb is unintelligent, meaning that you understood the argument and decided that it lacked cogent thought. Don't come here calling things dumb and walking off just because you don't like them....because that's just about all you do.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PrivateEye
Posts: 972
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:14:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The not remembering would be to add to the beauty of life I imagine, fresh starts all around, never a dull moment. It is a pretty way of looking at life, one great surge attempting to achieve harmony
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 4:16:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/13/2013 4:13:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/13/2013 4:06:25 PM, imabench wrote:
At 6/13/2013 10:47:51 AM, PrivateEye wrote:
If reincarnation is the case, then world communism is its complimentary political ideology. Everyone is actually then your family, darkkermit. No more monkey arguments.

Thats one of the dumbest things iver ever heard.

Saving it for later too

Something that is incoherent doesn't quite flow for the reader. Something that is dumb is unintelligent, meaning that you understood the argument and decided that it lacked cogent thought.

I did understand his argument and can see that it lacks cognent thought as well, which is why I called it dumb.

Don't come here calling things dumb and walking off just because you don't like them....because that's just about all you do.

Calling things dumb then walking off just because you dont like it is literally how you live your life on DDO. God youre such a hypocrite
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015