Jump to topic:

Ben Carson 2016?

DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 9:21:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dr. Benjamin Carson from Baltimore, MD is a world renoun neurosurgeon at John's Hopkins.

As most of you probably know, Dr. Carson is considering a run for President in 2016. His new book America the Beautiful is a NY Times bestseller.

I got the honor of meeting Dr. Ben Carson today at a concert that he was narrating. From the moment I shook his hand, I knew right away that he was genuine and sincere.

Would you vote for Ben Carson if he ran? Why or why not?
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 9:32:23 PM
Just been reading some of his stuff. I like his political views, w/ the exception of his views on gay marriage. Of course it would depend on who else is running.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2013 9:37:36 PM
He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning though. The dude has no political experience at all or even executive experience for that matter. At least Herman Cain had executive experience as a CEO who turned a failing company around.
Open borders debate:
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 1:45:37 PM
My problem with him is that he has no political experience. My first choice in 2016 would probably be Rand Paul, his ideas lean libertarian.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 3:58:44 PM
At 6/16/2013 9:37:36 PM, darkkermit wrote:
He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning though. The dude has no political experience at all or even executive experience for that matter. At least Herman Cain had executive experience as a CEO who turned a failing company around.

How are you so sure that we won't end up like Germany in the 1930s? Hyperinflation occurs and people want someone out of Washington. Out of the mist comes Carson, a man of the people.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Rhett_Butler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 4:02:13 PM
Ben Carson is influential and a great role model, I read Gifted Hands long before his rise to fame, but as a presidential figure, I see him not. Instead, if we (hopefully) get a Republican in office, he should be in the cabinet. Maybe he could then run in 2024 with that accumulated experience, and be more reasonable to elect.

Additionally, there is the "uncle tom" factor brought up by some liberals, as it was with Herman Cain. Because of this, his character can easily be destroyed and discredited to a point beyond belief.

Now, concerning the presidential candidates I see fit to serve, Rand Paul fits the bill. Marco Rubio, having made mistakes in the past, fits well enough in the vice presidential slot. Being that his biggest mistake was drinking water, I'd say he's already golden compared to Joe the turd Biden.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 4:04:41 PM

Obama had no political experience. He didn't have any leadership experience and no one seemed to give a damn.
Rhett_Butler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 4:06:01 PM
At 6/17/2013 3:58:44 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

How are you so sure that we won't end up like Germany in the 1930s? Hyperinflation occurs and people want someone out of Washington. Out of the mist comes Carson, a man of the people.

So are you suggesting that we imagine a black Hitler who never killed or expulsed the Jews, nor took the liberty of performing a massive land grab in the world to regain territories once held by their nation?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 4:14:00 PM
At 6/17/2013 4:04:41 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Obama had no political experience. He didn't have any leadership experience and no one seemed to give a damn.

Not true. Lawyer, Community Planner, State senator, and Senator.

That's a lot more than just a neurologist.
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 4:16:08 PM
At 6/17/2013 4:06:01 PM, Rhett_Butler wrote:

So are you suggesting that we imagine a black Hitler who never killed or expulsed the Jews, nor took the liberty of performing a massive land grab in the world to regain territories once held by their nation?

I think he was suggesting that Hitler was a man of the people, and that Carson could become the next "man of the people" if hyperinflation occurred.
Open borders debate:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 4:17:33 PM
Rand Paul / Ted Cruz 2016

Ben Carson for Health and Human Services in the Paul administration.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 4:18:26 PM
At 6/17/2013 4:16:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I think he was suggesting that Hitler was a man of the people, and that Carson could become the next "man of the people" if hyperinflation occurred.

Then he would around up gays, Jews and others and kill them.
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 5:04:30 PM

I'm only giving it as an example.

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 5:08:56 PM
At 6/17/2013 4:17:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

It think he would do great in that department.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 6:33:43 PM

I fully agree, except maybe replace Ted Cruz with Chris Christie or Marco Rubio. A moderate who appeals to Democrats would be helpful on the ticket.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 6:55:07 PM

Why do we even need a HHS?
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 6:56:25 PM
At 6/17/2013 6:55:07 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:

In a libertarian world, we wouldn't. But in our current United States, it is better to downsize such departments, rather than hope to eliminate them. You can't eradicate Medicare overnight.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 7:06:55 PM
At 6/17/2013 4:14:00 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Obama didn't have any executive experience and was thin on the leadership experience as well.
All his political experience was in the realm of Chicago politics. That is cronyism to the nth degree in the worst run state in the union. While he had experience in politics I don't think it was necessarily good experience.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 7:08:08 PM
At 6/17/2013 7:06:55 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Obama didn't have any executive experience and was thin on the leadership experience as well.
All his political experience was in the realm of Chicago politics. That is cronyism to the nth degree in the worst run state in the union. While he had experience in politics I don't think it was necessarily good experience.

It was horrible experience. Sitting in Congress and abstaining from all of your votes isn't leadership in the slightest. A monkey could do that.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 7:18:29 PM

Ben Carson has excellent health care solutions. He supports a Health Savings Accounts (HSA) system, thus eliminating the need for Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare, plus it silences the Left because the poor can finally afford health care.

HSA takes the liability away from government and into the hands of the individual.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 7:21:20 PM
At 6/17/2013 6:33:43 PM, Contra wrote:

I fully agree, except maybe replace Ted Cruz with Chris Christie or Marco Rubio. A moderate who appeals to Democrats would be helpful on the ticket.

Chris Christie has no GOP support and Marco Rubio was criticized by the Left for drinking water.

I want someone who can win debates, Ted Cruz is a worldwide debate champion who obliterated Princeton and Harvard. Ted Cruz makes everyone cower in fear of his debate prowess.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2013 7:42:02 PM

Even if there was no government intervention in healthcare, it would be wise to have an HHS secretary to advise the president on the health of he nation.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 8:18:36 PM
At 6/17/2013 7:06:55 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Executive experience doesn't matter too much. He had political experience, which was most important.

Croynism comes with being the president though :). You got to start croynism somewhere if you want to become president.
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 8:19:48 PM
But Lewis, you can't really be saying that Ben Carson has more experience necessary for becoming president than Obama did when he was running?
Open borders debate: