Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Pro-choice vs. Pro-life

BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 5:15:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

That's because it implies murder. They are causing the fetus to die. Instead of associating abortion with death, they are associating it with choice. As in the choice of the woman to be a mother after whoring around.

(n) abort (the act of terminating a project or procedure before it is completed)
(v) abort (cease development, die, and be aborted)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

(n) miscarriage, abortion (failure of a plan)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 5:28:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It makes me mad when people skirt around the issue of killing by calling it something completely different. Yes, abortion is the taking away of a life (if you don't draw the line at conception, then any other choice is purely arbitrary). Nevertheless, the taking away of a life is not necessarily bad, and may be justified for a variety of reasons.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 5:28:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
i.e, overpopulation, property rights, etc...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 5:36:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 5:15:53 PM, DanT wrote:
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

That's because it implies murder. They are causing the fetus to die. Instead of associating abortion with death, they are associating it with choice. As in the choice of the woman to be a mother after whoring around.

Epiphany. Weekly Stupid has a legitimate purpose.

(n) abort (the act of terminating a project or procedure before it is completed)
(v) abort (cease development, die, and be aborted)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...

(n) miscarriage, abortion (failure of a plan)
http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu...
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
lannan13
Posts: 23,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 5:44:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

Ditto, that seems very interesting. I myself am a Pro-Life person, but it does seem like when it boils down to things that that would be true. Secondly, I'm pretty sure that some of the Pro-choicers that I know would get offended.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 5:54:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

Saying yer pro-abortion could imply that yer in favor of actually getting one. So a gal might not want to get an abortion while simultaneously believing that it should be a women's choice whether or not to get one. At least that's been the response I've seen from most pro-choicers.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 6:03:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
what i find funny is the Pro-life people also being pro-death penalty and pro-gun..lmao what a small world they live in.

Do you know who the biggest fan of killing babies while they were still in the womb was? God and Christians, i find this funny since it is them who are fighting the most to stop abortions, even though it will never happen no matter how many laws get passed.
yet their very bible holds within it several examples of god ordering the deaths of unborn baby's, hell even gives a recipe for a drink to kill a baby still in the womb.

awesome huh?

here is the thing, and libertarians should be all for pro-choice, but it is the women s choice, and it's not an easy choice to make, i don't understand why people make it sound like it's so easy, it's not like a women says to herself 'you know what, i think I will go get my hair done, grab some lunch with friends, get an abortion, play cards with the girls and then relax on the couch with a good book"

we don't approve of murder, but at the same time we also don't approve of the government, or religious nut jobs telling others what they can and can't do, but then have the balls to turn around and talk about their rights to own any gun they want, which by the way was created for the sole purpose of taking lives......
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
unitedandy
Posts: 1,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 6:07:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Meh, I know what you mean, but I'm a bit mystified why people get upset over labels. Everyone knows this is a result more due to brevity than anything malicious or ideological.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 6:30:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 6:07:58 PM, unitedandy wrote:
Meh, I know what you mean, but I'm a bit mystified why people get upset over labels. Everyone knows this is a result more due to brevity than anything malicious or ideological.

I think this point is true. Yes, in real life we'd go "I'm pro-choice" just like in real life I say "I am a humanist" rather than atheist. However, this is all just for ease of referring to what you believe, and being "pro-abortion" is perfectly fine. Just like as a general discussion point saying atheism means believing in no God, but only really matters if you want to be a specific "atheist" position (weak atheist, strong atheist, ignostic, etc.).
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 6:33:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 5:15:53 PM, DanT wrote:
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

That's because it implies murder.

DanT psychology: if people who say they're pro-choice get told they support abortion in all circumstances, it is because they don't want to face the reality of the fact they are murderers, not because...y'know...they're being misrepresented.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 2:46:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 6:03:57 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
what i find funny is the Pro-life people also being pro-death penalty and pro-gun..lmao what a small world they live in.

Do you know who the biggest fan of killing babies while they were still in the womb was? God and Christians, i find this funny since it is them who are fighting the most to stop abortions, even though it will never happen no matter how many laws get passed.
yet their very bible holds within it several examples of god ordering the deaths of unborn baby's, hell even gives a recipe for a drink to kill a baby still in the womb.

awesome huh?

here is the thing, and libertarians should be all for pro-choice, but it is the women s choice, and it's not an easy choice to make, i don't understand why people make it sound like it's so easy, it's not like a women says to herself 'you know what, i think I will go get my hair done, grab some lunch with friends, get an abortion, play cards with the girls and then relax on the couch with a good book"

we don't approve of murder, but at the same time we also don't approve of the government, or religious nut jobs telling others what they can and can't do, but then have the balls to turn around and talk about their rights to own any gun they want, which by the way was created for the sole purpose of taking lives......

While I am pro-life and anti-death penalty, I acknowledge that the death penalty deals with the guilty while abortion deals with the innocent. I oppose it due to the risk to the innocent. It's far more hypocritical to be pro-choice and anti-death penalty, valuing the life of the guilty over the innocent. As far as guns are concerned people have a legitimate right to self defense and protection of their property. So again that deals with the guilty. Oh yes you are talking about a specific instance where God order the Israelites to kill everyone. That does trouble me. However it is not permission for us to do the same since we do not have a direct connection to God like they did. Libertarians should be pro-life because abortion violates the Non-aggression principle.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
rockwater
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 8:34:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
More accurate terms would be pro-legalized abortion on demand, and anti-legalized abortion on demand. (I use the term on demand since a sizeable part of the pro life population favors exceptions for rape, incest, or to save the mother's life).
Quan
Posts: 97
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 11:24:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

I'm pro-choice because I believe banning it would only exacerbate the problem. Women would only either (1) fall into depression and/or poverty as they're forced to give birth or (2) risk their own health by seeking back-alley abortions.

There are various legal and societal issues that have made young, single women prone to unplanned pregnancies and afraid to seek help. That's what we need to be focusing on.

In a perfect world all pregnancies are planned and abortion is a non-issue.
Quan
Posts: 97
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 11:39:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Or I suppose you could invent some way to evict the fetus from the mother and continue to grow it individually. That would solve it from a moral standpoint by protecting both the mother's and the child's rights.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:17:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 5:36:55 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/20/2013 5:15:53 PM, DanT wrote:
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

That's because it implies murder. They are causing the fetus to die. Instead of associating abortion with death, they are associating it with choice. As in the choice of the woman to be a mother after whoring around.

Epiphany. Weekly Stupid has a legitimate purpose.
The bolded is not "stupid". Pro-choicers believe women should be able to choose whether or not they are a mother after whoring around.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:28:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 12:17:01 PM, DanT wrote:
At 6/20/2013 5:36:55 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/20/2013 5:15:53 PM, DanT wrote:
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

That's because it implies murder. They are causing the fetus to die. Instead of associating abortion with death, they are associating it with choice. As in the choice of the woman to be a mother after whoring around.

Epiphany. Weekly Stupid has a legitimate purpose.
The bolded is not "stupid".

Yes it is.

Pro-choicers believe women should be able to choose whether or not they are a mother after whoring around.

Lol
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:52:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

It is interesting and I've always thought the same thing. If you think about it, both sides are being deceptive in their choice of names to call themselves. The term pro-choice is purposefully ambiguous as it does not say what it is pro-choice about. If I am pro-gambling (or pro-anything) and you are anti-gambling, aren't I also pro-choice? Yes.

On the flip side, pro-life can also be deceptive because it implies that the opponents are anti-life. Additionally, one can be pro-choice and also take the stance that they would never abort BUT will not stop someone else from doing so. Are they not pro-life? Yes.

Deceptions on both sides.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:25:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 12:28:07 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/21/2013 12:17:01 PM, DanT wrote:
At 6/20/2013 5:36:55 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/20/2013 5:15:53 PM, DanT wrote:
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

That's because it implies murder. They are causing the fetus to die. Instead of associating abortion with death, they are associating it with choice. As in the choice of the woman to be a mother after whoring around.

Epiphany. Weekly Stupid has a legitimate purpose.
The bolded is not "stupid".

Yes it is.

Pro-choicers believe women should be able to choose whether or not they are a mother after whoring around.

Lol

Instead of repeating your ad hominems, please explain why you think its stupid.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:28:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 6:33:25 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 6/20/2013 5:15:53 PM, DanT wrote:
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

That's because it implies murder.

DanT psychology: if people who say they're pro-choice get told they support abortion in all circumstances,
Nice strawman. The OP never said Pro-choicers support all abortions, he just said they support abortions.

it is because they don't want to face the reality of the fact they are murderers, not because...y'know...they're being misrepresented.
They are not being misrepresented. Pro-choicers are pro-abortion. If you disagree, than send me a debate challenge.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
BennyW
Posts: 698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:34:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 12:52:23 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

It is interesting and I've always thought the same thing. If you think about it, both sides are being deceptive in their choice of names to call themselves. The term pro-choice is purposefully ambiguous as it does not say what it is pro-choice about. If I am pro-gambling (or pro-anything) and you are anti-gambling, aren't I also pro-choice? Yes.

On the flip side, pro-life can also be deceptive because it implies that the opponents are anti-life. Additionally, one can be pro-choice and also take the stance that they would never abort BUT will not stop someone else from doing so. Are they not pro-life? Yes.

Deceptions on both sides.

I do like the term pro-abortion choice for pro-choicers because it is direct and not at all ambiguous. I am pro-consumer choice yet many who are pro-choice on abortion are not. I also don't , mind anti-abortion for pro-life. What is a deliberately insulting term is anti-choice. which is semantically the opposite of pro-choice, I suppose the same could be said of pro-death or anti-life.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Rhett_Butler
Posts: 43
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 3:51:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 12:28:07 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/21/2013 12:17:01 PM, DanT wrote:
At 6/20/2013 5:36:55 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 6/20/2013 5:15:53 PM, DanT wrote:
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

That's because it implies murder. They are causing the fetus to die. Instead of associating abortion with death, they are associating it with choice. As in the choice of the woman to be a mother after whoring around.

Epiphany. Weekly Stupid has a legitimate purpose.
The bolded is not "stupid".

Yes it is.

Pro-choicers believe women should be able to choose whether or not they are a mother after whoring around.

Lol

It's easy to call someone you disagree with stupid. Frankly, I find you to be an annoying twit after seeing what you've said here.

Instead of dancing around the subject, how about you make yourself useful and explain to the world WHY he is wrong. I could do it in two paragraphs if I felt like it, but since you're so damned adamant, please, ENLIGHTEN US. I'd hate to end up being a better representative for the pro-choice movement than someone who so devout that they are willing to attack another for an opinion.
gwalks
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2013 9:59:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am on the side of Pro-Choice. It's the woman's body and she should be allowed to do with it what she wants. I know that many people say differently but the government should not be involved in something like this. Many people also say that it's a gift from God and that it's murder. I wouldn't consider this murder when the fetus can't even think on it's own and is still very very young. Obviously no one wants this process to be necessary but in the world we are living in things like this need to happen and you're taking away a woman's freedoms if you make abortion illegal. This is why I think Pro-Choice is the right choice and that abortion should be legal in the first and second tri-mesters.
Juris_Naturalis
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 10:39:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 6:03:57 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
what i find funny is the Pro-life people also being pro-death penalty and pro-gun..lmao what a small world they live in.

Do you know who the biggest fan of killing babies while they were still in the womb was? God and Christians, i find this funny since it is them who are fighting the most to stop abortions, even though it will never happen no matter how many laws get passed.
yet their very bible holds within it several examples of god ordering the deaths of unborn baby's, hell even gives a recipe for a drink to kill a baby still in the womb.


Huge differences in ideologies in being pro-life, death penalty and gun rights.

Way to take things out of context there.

The unborn that they were commanded to kill were (the vast majority of the time) people who were just going to kill them later. It's kinda like killing your enemy before they kill you. Not like they were killing their own children because they were too stupid to use protection and then killing the kid instead of giving it up because she doesn't want to be "burdened".

Everything in it's own context my friend.
Juris_Naturalis
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 10:41:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/21/2013 11:24:10 AM, Quan wrote:
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

I'm pro-choice because I believe banning it would only exacerbate the problem. Women would only either (1) fall into depression and/or poverty as they're forced to give birth or (2) risk their own health by seeking back-alley abortions.

There are various legal and societal issues that have made young, single women prone to unplanned pregnancies and afraid to seek help. That's what we need to be focusing on.

In a perfect world all pregnancies are planned and abortion is a non-issue.

Or maybe she could spend the $5 bucks and tell the dude to get a condom?

Beats a $100 operation all day, and no one dies.
Juris_Naturalis
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2013 10:44:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/26/2013 9:59:46 PM, gwalks wrote:
I am on the side of Pro-Choice. It's the woman's body and she should be allowed to do with it what she wants. I know that many people say differently but the government should not be involved in something like this. Many people also say that it's a gift from God and that it's murder. I wouldn't consider this murder when the fetus can't even think on it's own and is still very very young. Obviously no one wants this process to be necessary but in the world we are living in things like this need to happen and you're taking away a woman's freedoms if you make abortion illegal. This is why I think Pro-Choice is the right choice and that abortion should be legal in the first and second tri-mesters.

First trimester and the middle of the second only. I know many people who were born in their 2nd trimester.

But honestly, shouldn't the real answer be, use some freaking birth control? Whether it be a pill or a condom, it's way the hell easier, cheaper and less stressful (I assume) than an abortion.
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 7:53:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/28/2013 10:44:07 PM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:
At 11/26/2013 9:59:46 PM, gwalks wrote:
I am on the side of Pro-Choice. It's the woman's body and she should be allowed to do with it what she wants. I know that many people say differently but the government should not be involved in something like this. Many people also say that it's a gift from God and that it's murder. I wouldn't consider this murder when the fetus can't even think on it's own and is still very very young. Obviously no one wants this process to be necessary but in the world we are living in things like this need to happen and you're taking away a woman's freedoms if you make abortion illegal. This is why I think Pro-Choice is the right choice and that abortion should be legal in the first and second tri-mesters.

First trimester and the middle of the second only. I know many people who were born in their 2nd trimester.

Babies don't live when they are born before 22 weeks. In fact, at 22 weeks, the baby only survives zero to ten percent of the time. Before that less than a handful of babies have survived outside of the womb.

http://www.spensershope.org...

But honestly, shouldn't the real answer be, use some freaking birth control? Whether it be a pill or a condom, it's way the hell easier, cheaper and less stressful (I assume) than an abortion.

Agreed. Condoms are cheaper than babies.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Juris_Naturalis
Posts: 273
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 7:54:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 7:53:33 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 11/28/2013 10:44:07 PM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:
At 11/26/2013 9:59:46 PM, gwalks wrote:
I am on the side of Pro-Choice. It's the woman's body and she should be allowed to do with it what she wants. I know that many people say differently but the government should not be involved in something like this. Many people also say that it's a gift from God and that it's murder. I wouldn't consider this murder when the fetus can't even think on it's own and is still very very young. Obviously no one wants this process to be necessary but in the world we are living in things like this need to happen and you're taking away a woman's freedoms if you make abortion illegal. This is why I think Pro-Choice is the right choice and that abortion should be legal in the first and second tri-mesters.

First trimester and the middle of the second only. I know many people who were born in their 2nd trimester.

Babies don't live when they are born before 22 weeks. In fact, at 22 weeks, the baby only survives zero to ten percent of the time. Before that less than a handful of babies have survived outside of the womb.

http://www.spensershope.org...

But honestly, shouldn't the real answer be, use some freaking birth control? Whether it be a pill or a condom, it's way the hell easier, cheaper and less stressful (I assume) than an abortion.

Agreed. Condoms are cheaper than babies.

Well still, I know people who are in that 10%
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 7:56:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/29/2013 7:54:56 AM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:
At 11/29/2013 7:53:33 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 11/28/2013 10:44:07 PM, Juris_Naturalis wrote:
At 11/26/2013 9:59:46 PM, gwalks wrote:
I am on the side of Pro-Choice. It's the woman's body and she should be allowed to do with it what she wants. I know that many people say differently but the government should not be involved in something like this. Many people also say that it's a gift from God and that it's murder. I wouldn't consider this murder when the fetus can't even think on it's own and is still very very young. Obviously no one wants this process to be necessary but in the world we are living in things like this need to happen and you're taking away a woman's freedoms if you make abortion illegal. This is why I think Pro-Choice is the right choice and that abortion should be legal in the first and second tri-mesters.

First trimester and the middle of the second only. I know many people who were born in their 2nd trimester.

Babies don't live when they are born before 22 weeks. In fact, at 22 weeks, the baby only survives zero to ten percent of the time. Before that less than a handful of babies have survived outside of the womb.

http://www.spensershope.org...

But honestly, shouldn't the real answer be, use some freaking birth control? Whether it be a pill or a condom, it's way the hell easier, cheaper and less stressful (I assume) than an abortion.

Agreed. Condoms are cheaper than babies.

Well still, I know people who are in that 10%

Well, my point was more that halfway into second trimester is still a little early and is sort of arbitrary. That being said, I didn't articulate that in my previous post.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 4:52:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/20/2013 4:19:25 PM, BennyW wrote:
I just noticed something interesting. Usually the preferred terms of each side are pro-choice or pro-life respective. However, on the main issues on DDO you are either pro or con abortion. Now in real life if you said to a pro-choicer that they were pro-abortion they would most likely get offended. I just found this interesting.

I can see why DDO set up the dichotomy as they did. It makes much more sense to call it Pro/Con abortion then it is to say Con choice or Con life.