Jump to topic:

General Political Question

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 5:40:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
After going over a lot of historical issues and movements in the past years I have found myself more in favor with the Tea Party than the Republicans, but my question is why is the Tea Party Patriots considered a 3rd party when they aren't meant to be a political party in the first place?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 5:58:29 PM
Who considers them a political party?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 6:14:54 PM
At 6/20/2013 5:58:29 PM, Noumena wrote:

Debate.org
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 6:34:42 PM
At 6/20/2013 6:14:54 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Debate.org

It's just for ease of reference.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 6:36:35 PM

they do... they even have a caucus now thanks to there chief talking head Michele Bachmann.

But i too have studied history, and i am curious how you have come to favor the Tea party or conservatives for that matter. And i ask because while yes I am a liberal, it is because of history that i choose to be one.

The tea party has never made any factual claims to justify their stance. They say taxes are too high, they have been the lowest in 50 years, to be honest, my question is were was their outrage when Bush or any other republican was in office? Reagan being a prime example.

And all through our history, there has never been one conservative person, group, or party that has ever done anything to life this country up, I would challenge you to name even one thing. So my question again is if it was based on our history, why would you even choose conservative logic?
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 6:44:26 PM
The Tea Party Patriots ARE a political organization, so it is distinct. Plus, the Tea Party Patriots are only one part of the entire Tea Party movement.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 6:53:16 PM
At 6/20/2013 6:44:26 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
The Tea Party Patriots ARE a political organization, so it is distinct. Plus, the Tea Party Patriots are only one part of the entire Tea Party movement.

and again, the tea party caucus is a political 3rd party.... there is nothing about the tea party that isn't political....
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 8:45:28 PM
@Izayah and Lannan:

Reading for ten minutes about history (however the hell you define that), especially selective history, or taking one course on American history does not qualify as studying history.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 8:50:40 PM
At 6/20/2013 6:36:35 PM, Izayah003 wrote:

they do... they even have a caucus now thanks to there chief talking head Michele Bachmann.

But i too have studied history, and i am curious how you have come to favor the Tea party or conservatives for that matter. And i ask because while yes I am a liberal, it is because of history that i choose to be one.

The tea party has never made any factual claims to justify their stance. They say taxes are too high, they have been the lowest in 50 years, to be honest, my question is were was their outrage when Bush or any other republican was in office? Reagan being a prime example.

And all through our history, there has never been one conservative person, group, or party that has ever done anything to life this country up, I would challenge you to name even one thing. So my question again is if it was based on our history, why would you even choose conservative logic?

I'm far from conservative but this caricature of an argument almost makes me want to defend them.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 10:02:37 PM
At 6/20/2013 8:45:28 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
@Izayah and Lannan:

Reading for ten minutes about history (however the hell you define that), especially selective history, or taking one course on American history does not qualify as studying history.

Ok give me one example of how conservatives have ever done anything in this nations history to uplift the nation. or done anything for the positive.
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 10:15:14 PM
At 6/20/2013 8:50:40 PM, Noumena wrote:

I'm far from conservative but this caricature of an argument almost makes me want to defend them.

Let me be a little more clear in what it is I am trying to ask.

What has the tea party been right about?

As for conservatives and history, what have they done to lift this country up?

abolish slavery?
women s rights?
civil rights?
the founding of the United States of America?

See I can name several things conservatives have done that has brought this country down, KKK, Slavery, Voodoo economics, responsible for almost if not all hate groups in this country, Glenn Beck, Segregation, 2 wars, the list goes on and on, yet not even one conservative can give me even 1 example of what they have done to bring this country up for the positive, I am really wanting an example.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:04:59 PM
The Tea Party is a faction of the Republican party. There are republicans that identify as tea party and they have their own caucus, although not all republicans are tea party members.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:07:12 PM

Bolded is wrong

http://www.truthfulpolitics.com...
Open borders debate:
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:07:22 PM
At 6/20/2013 11:04:59 PM, darkkermit wrote:
The Tea Party is a faction of the Republican party. There are republicans that identify as tea party and they have their own caucus, although not all republicans are tea party members.

very true which is why the GOP is so divided now,
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:09:40 PM
At 6/20/2013 11:07:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Bolded is wrong

http://www.truthfulpolitics.com...

Ok thank you for that dark, i stand corrected on that one point. Still waiting for that example from the others though....
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:31:23 PM
At 6/20/2013 11:25:58 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
What is good about being a patriot?

well you get to dress up like Washington with tea bags all over the place, so that's a plus. and it is way better then the white hoods, that was so last century....
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:50:09 PM
At 6/20/2013 11:31:23 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 6/20/2013 11:25:58 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
What is good about being a patriot?

well you get to dress up like Washington with tea bags all over the place, so that's a plus. and it is way better then the white hoods, that was so last century....

Are you saying the Tea Party is racist?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 11:53:16 PM

You're not the only one.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:03:35 AM
At 6/20/2013 10:02:37 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
@Izayah and Lannan:

Ok give me one example of how conservatives have ever done anything in this nations history to uplift the nation. or done anything for the positive.

See, now this just proves what little "studying" of anything you've done beyond watching MSNBC.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:14:50 AM
At 6/20/2013 11:53:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

You're not the only one.

Lol. A hard lefto authoritarian and an ambiguous anarchist defending conservatives. Sounds like an awful TNT procedural.
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:15:35 AM
At 6/21/2013 12:03:35 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
@Izayah and Lannan:

See, now this just proves what little "studying" of anything you've done beyond watching MSNBC.

if this is true, then just one example will do, and also LOL MSNBC!
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:36:22 AM
At 6/21/2013 12:15:35 AM, Izayah003 wrote:
@Izayah and Lannan:

-ended the Iranian hostage situation under Ronald Reagan
-Ronald Reagan also ended stagflation, and returned stability to the dollar.
-Ending of the oil shortage and crisis under Carter
-recession also ended under Reagan.
-the ending of the Vietnam war under Nixon
-Republican congress forced a balanced budget on Clinton
-Creating a plan so that welfare participants will get off welfare and become productive citizens.
Open borders debate:
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 12:42:40 AM
@Izayah and Lannan:

This is something that bothers me a lot as I go on. It seems on the face at least that there's a certain class of people that get off on demonizing the "other" side. But it's more than that. It's demonization with the intent of making one's own camp appear superior or morally righteous. It can be liberals or conservatives (possibly heterodox political camps but since they don't usually operate under binary competition I don't see it as particularly likely). The consequences of this action is to make one's opponent (even if they're not conservative-- Ore_Ele, LK, and I aren't) actually try to defend something they don't agree with (in this case conservatism) because it's so obvious that the other person is predicating the belief in their own camp on bringing down the (perceived) only competition. It's quite tempting but ultimately futile and if one has the displeasure of identifying one of these people there's not really any use in continuing correspondence.

TL;DR: Don't fall for it LK, not worth it.
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:16:31 AM
At 6/21/2013 12:42:40 AM, Noumena wrote:
@Izayah and Lannan:

This is something that bothers me a lot as I go on. It seems on the face at least that there's a certain class of people that get off on demonizing the "other" side. But it's more than that. It's demonization with the intent of making one's own camp appear superior or morally righteous. It can be liberals or conservatives (possibly heterodox political camps but since they don't usually operate under binary competition I don't see it as particularly likely). The consequences of this action is to make one's opponent (even if they're not conservative-- Ore_Ele, LK, and I aren't) actually try to defend something they don't agree with (in this case conservatism) because it's so obvious that the other person is predicating the belief in their own camp on bringing down the (perceived) only competition. It's quite tempting but ultimately futile and if one has the displeasure of identifying one of these people there's not really any use in continuing correspondence.

No it's not demonizing at all, i have friends who are both liberals, and conservatives, hell i keep my friend pool open to all opinions, what i want is an answer, which there isn't one. I'm not trying to one up anyone, I am trying to point out that my "history" isn't limited, or fixed, in fact history shows that at no time has any conservative done anything to better this country, you want to know why because if conservatives had their way we would still be English, women would not have any rights, slavery would still be alive and well, and that is just to list a few. so if people can't answer the question, then that is fine, but it's not a trick question, it's one I really want answered.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:23:20 AM
At 6/21/2013 1:16:31 AM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 6/21/2013 12:42:40 AM, Noumena wrote:
@Izayah and Lannan:

No it's not demonizing at all, i have friends who are both liberals, and conservatives, hell i keep my friend pool open to all opinions, what i want is an answer, which there isn't one. I'm not trying to one up anyone, I am trying to point out that my "history" isn't limited, or fixed, in fact history shows that at no time has any conservative done anything to better this country, you want to know why because if conservatives had their way we would still be English, women would not have any rights, slavery would still be alive and well, and that is just to list a few. so if people can't answer the question, then that is fine, but it's not a trick question, it's one I really want answered.

You obviously didn't understand what I was saying so I'll just redirect you to Darkkermit's response. That's the last time I try to go meta in this forum.
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:39:50 AM
At 6/21/2013 12:36:22 AM, darkkermit wrote:
@Izayah and Lannan:

-ended the Iranian hostage situation under Ronald Reagan
-Ronald Reagan also ended stagflation, and returned stability to the dollar.
-Ending of the oil shortage and crisis under Carter
-recession also ended under Reagan.
-the ending of the Vietnam war under Nixon
-Republican congress forced a balanced budget on Clinton
-Creating a plan so that welfare participants will get off welfare and become productive citizens.

So wait, you list Reagan, the very same man that started our country on a downward spiral, as a conservative that did something to lift this country up?
The man invented Voodoo economics. and Nixon, he personally ended the Vietnam war? and conservatives came up with the welfare to work program? sorry Dark, I didn't see your post before I made my last one, thank you for your post, at least it's an attempt to answer, i will look these up and do some research, but it would be great if some of it was true. thank you.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 1:52:21 AM
I think arguing that NO conservatives or NO liberals (applied just the same to pretty much every political grouping-- bar a few) have done anything to "benefit" the country is a good way to disqualify one's self from being taken too seriously.