Total Posts:241|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Now Polygamists Want Equal Marriage Rights?

JustCheNo
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 8:48:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
You must have seen this coming. Several Polygamist couples have already filed lawsuits in Utah for marriage discrimination. They say that if gays have the right to marry so should they. Only 13 countries in the world recognize same sex marriage, but over 50 recognize polygamist marriages. Where do you think Obama will stand on this issue considering that his own father was married to two women at the same time? Where will it end?
"I will continue to enforce all the laws, including illegal immigration. Nothing changes." - Sheriff Joe Arpaio (American hero)
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 10:24:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
What's your problem with polygamy?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
JustCheNo
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 10:29:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 10:24:07 AM, muzebreak wrote:
What's your problem with polygamy?

There ya have it folks, the liberal disintegration of America in a nutshell. I'll bet this guy has to ask what's wrong with pedophilia and bestiality too.
"I will continue to enforce all the laws, including illegal immigration. Nothing changes." - Sheriff Joe Arpaio (American hero)
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 10:30:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 10:29:19 AM, JustCheNo wrote:
At 6/27/2013 10:24:07 AM, muzebreak wrote:
What's your problem with polygamy?

There ya have it folks, the liberal disintegration of America in a nutshell. I'll bet this guy has to ask what's wrong with pedophilia and bestiality too.

I know you're a troll, but -

This is a debate site. The mere fact of someone not immediately seeing or understanding your POV doesn't prove your argument.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 11:36:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 10:29:19 AM, JustCheNo wrote:
At 6/27/2013 10:24:07 AM, muzebreak wrote:
What's your problem with polygamy?

There ya have it folks, the liberal disintegration of America in a nutshell. I'll bet this guy has to ask what's wrong with pedophilia and bestiality too.

I doubt it.
See, there is a world of difference between three adults entering into a contract vs one child or an animal (as they cannot enter into contracts).
My work here is, finally, done.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 11:44:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Some theorists state that if we are to have government sanctioned marriage, then all marriage contracts must be recognized including polygamy, zoophilia, ontophilia (marrying objects).
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 11:46:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 10:24:07 AM, muzebreak wrote:
What's your problem with polygamy?

Because when the supply of unmarried men increases, sexual frustration leads to aggression, which leads to civilization collapse.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 11:46:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 11:36:59 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I doubt it.
See, there is a world of difference between three adults entering into a contract vs one child or an animal (as they cannot enter into contracts).

With private contracts that would be true, but since government sanctions marriage, they can facilitate marriages between adults with animals and things.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
JustCheNo
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 12:06:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Because when the supply of unmarried men increases, sexual frustration leads to aggression, which leads to civilization collapse.

It's a scary thing that you have to explain to ANYONE what's wrong with polygamy, but liberals are so morally bankrupt they'll never get it.
"I will continue to enforce all the laws, including illegal immigration. Nothing changes." - Sheriff Joe Arpaio (American hero)
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 12:08:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 12:06:57 PM, JustCheNo wrote:
Because when the supply of unmarried men increases, sexual frustration leads to aggression, which leads to civilization collapse.

It's a scary thing that you have to explain to ANYONE what's wrong with polygamy, but liberals are so morally bankrupt they'll never get it.

He was kidding.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 1:05:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 11:46:54 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/27/2013 11:36:59 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I doubt it.
See, there is a world of difference between three adults entering into a contract vs one child or an animal (as they cannot enter into contracts).

With private contracts that would be true, but since government sanctions marriage, they can facilitate marriages between adults with animals and things.

This only works if government can force people into marriage contracts. Otherwise, both sides need to agree, and objects and chlidren and animals cannot legally consent.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 1:10:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 12:06:57 PM, JustCheNo wrote:
Because when the supply of unmarried men increases, sexual frustration leads to aggression, which leads to civilization collapse.

It's a scary thing that you have to explain to ANYONE what's wrong with polygamy, but liberals are so morally bankrupt they'll never get it.

So, this is why polygamy is bad? Is this the only reason?
Because this assumes that:
1. Married women never stray from their husbands (i.e. unmarried men can legally release their sexual frustrations)
2. There are no unmarried women
3. There are no other ways to release sexual frustrations (like prostitutes)
4. That men won't enter into a marriage with another man, to then be married to women, to release their sexual frustration
5. That men can release their sexual frustration on command

Barring all these things happening, it makes no sense that polygamy should be illegal due to men's inability to get laid.

I was also unaware of the rampant nerd rage that is afflicting society. All those nerds not getting laid must be why crime is so high...
My work here is, finally, done.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 1:34:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 11:46:35 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/27/2013 10:24:07 AM, muzebreak wrote:
What's your problem with polygamy?

Because when the supply of unmarried men increases, sexual frustration leads to aggression, which leads to civilization collapse.

They'll find Mrs. Right... located at the end of the wrist.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 1:40:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
polygamy would probably be good for America. I'd say there's a shame that goes with the monogamous standard that if left unchecked manifests itself into the those truly inhumane sexual deviations. Muslims don't get this - they all think God loves them very much allowing them multiple wives, not suppressing the natural polygamous-ness within us all.
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 1:43:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 1:40:44 PM, benevolent wrote:
polygamy would probably be good for America. I'd say there's a shame that goes with the monogamous standard that if left unchecked manifests itself into the those truly inhumane sexual deviations. Muslims don't get this - they all think God loves them very much allowing them multiple wives, not suppressing the natural polygamous-ness within us all.

And us western folk also then compensate with freaky porn that f*cks us up in the head. Think about it. Viewed much Arab porn? No, you haven't.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 1:45:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
No liberal ought to support polygamy unique from polyandry. That is, support of polyamory is best.

Moreover, anyone who believes "X is obviously wrong." with a full stop without 'because' is failing to use reason, by necessity, meaning a liberal should reject the argument posed.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 1:45:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There was a pigs for women swap between the religions long ago. Everyone is a f*cking retard.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 2:56:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 1:34:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/27/2013 11:46:35 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/27/2013 10:24:07 AM, muzebreak wrote:
What's your problem with polygamy?

Because when the supply of unmarried men increases, sexual frustration leads to aggression, which leads to civilization collapse.

They'll find Mrs. Right... located at the end of the wrist.

Does it count as a threesome if you're ambidextrous??
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 3:41:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
we have Geo and Dark agreeing with the OP, did anyone else see this coming?
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 3:54:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So can you tell me why exactly polygamy is bad or wrong?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 3:55:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 3:54:24 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So can you tell me why exactly polygamy is bad or wrong?

encourages muslims
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 3:57:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 3:41:14 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
we have Geo and Dark agreeing with the OP, did anyone else see this coming?

I disagree with the OP.

Btw, nice Republican quote in your signature.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
benevolent
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 3:59:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
also OP has a small penis and isn't secure enough to allow his wife have sex with other, possibly more largely endowed men. it always comes down to tiny penis really.
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 4:05:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 3:57:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/27/2013 3:41:14 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
we have Geo and Dark agreeing with the OP, did anyone else see this coming?


Btw, nice Republican quote in your signature.

Thanks Geo!, yep he was one of the greatest liberals in history, and the quote is true, now if it wasn't for your ignorance you would have known that Lincoln was a liberal and the first republican party was considered the liberal left wing party. but keep trying Geo, maybe some day you will actually make a logical post.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 4:15:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 4:05:15 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
At 6/27/2013 3:57:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Btw, nice Republican quote in your signature.

Thanks Geo!, yep he was one of the greatest liberals in history, and the quote is true, now if it wasn't for your ignorance you would have known that Lincoln was a liberal and the first republican party was considered the liberal left wing party. but keep trying Geo, maybe some day you will actually make a logical post.

Thanks for regurgitating the same lies repeated by Liberals over and over.

You're just jealous of the Republican history and try to claim it for yourself. Sorry, doesn't work that way!

https://en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)#Founding_and_19th_Century
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 4:21:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 3:54:24 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So can you tell me why exactly polygamy is bad or wrong?

because it's different and opposed by the ideological sector of pinheads he identifies with.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
TULIP
Posts: 398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 4:34:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/27/2013 8:48:49 AM, JustCheNo wrote:
You must have seen this coming. Several Polygamist couples have already filed lawsuits in Utah for marriage discrimination. They say that if gays have the right to marry so should they. Only 13 countries in the world recognize same sex marriage, but over 50 recognize polygamist marriages. Where do you think Obama will stand on this issue considering that his own father was married to two women at the same time? Where will it end?

I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later... Same-sex people and polygamist people give a distorted version of what marriage is .. But in reality distort marriage completely because they obviously don't know what the symbol of marriage is.. And have immorally corrupted the nature and definition of what marriage is intended to be.. Between ONE man and ONE woman.. Nothing further than that.. Anything beyond that isn't marriage at all but immoral behaviors and unnatural insanity..

(If anyone gets offended by this comment, well not trying To offend anyone, but I'm sorry I'm not going to soften the truth up. I'm going to tell it how it is whether people like It or not. Truth offends all the time especially if it's REAL truth!).
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul