jimtimmy2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 10:05:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Paul Krugman's father has died:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com...

Obviously, Krugman and I could not have more different views about economics, but losing a father has got to be one of the toughest things in life. Very sad.

I guess we can see we are all Krugmanites today.
jimtimmy2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 10:11:52 PM
BTW, it is no doubt true that Krugman has become very political (even for an economist) in the past few years.

On top of this, I think he has got it wrong on economics.

But, the guy is brilliant. The reason I keep reading him, even with his oftentimes unnecessarily condescending demeanor towards those that disagree, is that he often challenges my views. Believe it or not, he has led to me rethink and question my worldview before. The guy is special.

At the same time, in the pre Bush years, Krugman was not all that political and was one of the greatest defenders of trade within the liberal movement.

The point is that you can totally disagree with a guy and still acknowledge his brilliance and also try to feel his pain when personal tragedy stikes. It makes me grateful to have a father who is still around.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 10:19:18 PM
Why'd you change yer profile pic?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
jimtimmy2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2013 11:18:57 PM
At 6/30/2013 10:19:18 PM, Noumena wrote:
Why'd you change yer profile pic?

No particular reason.
ZakYoungTheLibertarian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 4:42:12 AM
I don't think Krugman is brilliant at all; just another pathetic hack who sold out and got rich by promoting policies that cause massive amounts of suffering to people who aren't Paul Krugman.
jimtimmy2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 8:46:53 AM
At 7/1/2013 4:42:12 AM, ZakYoungTheLibertarian wrote:
I don't think Krugman is brilliant at all; just another pathetic hack who sold out and got rich by promoting policies that cause massive amounts of suffering to people who aren't Paul Krugman.

I agree that Krugman's preffered policies cause massive amounts of suffering.

But, I don't think his motives are unusually selfish and he certainly is, IMO, brilliant.
JustCheNo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 9:53:03 AM
At 6/30/2013 10:05:54 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:

Good riddance.
"I will continue to enforce all the laws, including illegal immigration. Nothing changes." - Sheriff Joe Arpaio (American hero)
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 10:12:20 AM
At 7/1/2013 9:53:03 AM, JustCheNo wrote:
At 6/30/2013 10:05:54 PM, jimtimmy2 wrote:

Good riddance.

you suck
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2013 10:54:59 AM
Paul Krugman is brilliant, but he has become a political shrill, mainly because his progressive audience likes his articles to be like that. He has an archive on MIT (from the 90s) where his articles are a lot more tone down politically, and focus more on economic analysis.

Of course, one can read the textbooks he's written or even the technical journal articles he's written, and then tell me whether he is an idiot or not.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...