Police kills dog

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 9:10:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is so outrageous I can't even.

The police shot a dog for protecting his owner who was being arrested because he was videotaping the cops.

This man was video shooting the police that was in somewhere in California, shouted something resembling 'Why y no have black policeman', or something like that. The man was freaking arrested (Why would that even be a crime?). The dog went all for protecting his owner, and the police freaking SHOT the dog.

It doesn't even matter if he was pompous or obnoxious or anything. They KILLED someone. It is looking more and more authoritarian by the minute.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 9:16:40 PM
If they weren't armed, they wouldn't have felt the leverage to initiate such a pointless confrontation in the first place. It's basically the idea that when things go south you can just kill to get out of it. I suggest we put in massive funding to produce a non-lethal gun or a long-range stun gun and completely strip law-enforcement of access to deadly force. Words cannot express how outraged and disgusted I was by that video.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 9:23:20 PM
That was horrifying.

And not only do they shoot the poor thing, but then they don't even have the humanity to kill it immediately.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 9:35:54 PM
A horrible seen. However, this is really trivial in comparison to the greatest extent of police brutality/incompetence in the US.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 9:42:16 PM
At 7/2/2013 9:35:54 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
A horrible seen. However, this is really trivial in comparison to the greatest extent of police brutality/incompetence in the US.

Example?
Nolite Timere
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 9:50:12 PM
At 7/2/2013 9:16:40 PM, 000ike wrote:
If they weren't armed, they wouldn't have felt the leverage to initiate such a pointless confrontation in the first place. It's basically the idea that when things go south you can just kill to get out of it. I suggest we put in massive funding to produce a non-lethal gun or a long-range stun gun and completely strip law-enforcement of access to deadly force. Words cannot express how outraged and disgusted I was by that video.

I'd be all for giving police rubber bullets. It's an existing technology. Long-range electromuscular weapons exist (Taser XREP), but the Taser XREP is a shotgun shell.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:30:42 AM
I can't bring myself to watch it.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:36:22 AM
And people seem outraged at my idea of "taking down" government employees.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:37:50 AM
I don't really see why police are hailed as some sort of "heroes." They are psychopathic idiots who failed any sort of formal education, resorting instead to brutality.

In cliche, "fuck the police."
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:41:52 AM
At 7/3/2013 12:37:50 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
I don't really see why police are hailed as some sort of "heroes." They are psychopathic idiots who failed any sort of formal education, resorting instead to brutality.

Youtube videos showing the worst among them is not representative. Police officers are underrated.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:42:52 AM

Most cops I come into contact with are ignorant fuckwits (to put it mildly). That being said I don't dig generalizations dude.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:44:44 AM
At 7/3/2013 12:41:52 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Youtube videos showing the worst among them is not representative. Police officers are underrated.

I think the term "You're only as fast as your slowest player" applies here.

Anyways, the police don't do anything useful that civilians couldn't do. Arrest somebody for murdering somebody? Hell, I could do that.

My problem with them is that they are essentially State sanctioned violence based on arbitrary laws that old men who are either dead or dying have come up with.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:44:54 AM

You realize not every cop out there would have shot the dog in that situation, right?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:46:19 AM
At 7/3/2013 12:42:52 AM, Noumena wrote:

Most cops I come into contact with are ignorant fuckwits (to put it mildly). That being said I don't dig generalizations dude.

It's not necessarily a generalization. Are they "psychopathic?" Probably not in the clinical sense of the term, but they are definitely a hell lot more inclined to violence than regular people. Are they "idiots?" Considering that virtually all of them don't have any sort of formal education, yes.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:47:04 AM
At 7/3/2013 12:44:54 AM, 1Percenter wrote:

You realize not every cop out there would have shot the dog in that situation, right?

You realize that not every Nazi would be willing to kill Jews in cold-blood, right?
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:53:20 AM
At 7/3/2013 12:44:44 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

Anyways, the police don't do anything useful that civilians couldn't do. Arrest somebody for murdering somebody? Hell, I could do that.

My problem with them is that they are essentially State sanctioned violence based on arbitrary laws that old men who are either dead or dying have come up with.

Moody rebellious teen is moody.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:53:45 AM
At 7/3/2013 12:53:20 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

That's cute.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:59:00 AM
At 7/2/2013 9:16:40 PM, 000ike wrote:

Stun guns have a long history of abuse too.

Man having diabetic seizure tasered 11 times:
http://www.courthousenews.com...

Officers tase a 14 yearold boy, sending him into cardiac arrest: http://www.cbsnews.com...

10-year-old child tasered at day care:
http://www.theindychannel.com...

There are PLENTY more examples I can give you.

Labeling something "non-lethal" makes it much easier for cops to escalate to the use of force.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:59:46 AM
At 7/3/2013 12:53:45 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

That's cute.

Cute? No. Amusing? Perhaps.
Tsar of DDO
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 1:05:50 AM
At 7/3/2013 12:59:46 AM, YYW wrote:

That's cute.

That was sarcasm. lol
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 1:10:30 AM
At 7/3/2013 12:47:04 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

You realize that not every Nazi would be willing to kill Jews in cold-blood, right?

Argumentum ad Hitlerum -- the universal rebuttal to all arguments...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 1:11:34 AM
I saw this yesterday. Pretty disgusting. Poor doggy
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 1:13:31 AM
At 7/3/2013 1:10:30 AM, 1Percenter wrote:
At 7/3/2013 12:47:04 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

Argumentum ad Hitlerum -- the universal rebuttal to all arguments...

It was meant as a comparison. If not every Nazi would kill a Jew, should we excuse their actions as a whole? If not every policeman would kill a dog, should we excuse their actions as a whole?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 1:14:19 AM

Also, that means very little coming from the 16 year old minarchist bordering on anarchist.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 1:15:04 AM
At 7/3/2013 1:05:50 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/3/2013 12:59:46 AM, YYW wrote:

That's cute.

That was sarcasm. lol

Yes, but sarcasm that begged to be corrected ;)
Tsar of DDO
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 1:19:35 AM
At 7/3/2013 1:14:19 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

Also, that means very little coming from the 16 year old minarchist bordering on anarchist.

17 year old, and I'm an Objectivist. GOSH. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 1:36:47 AM
At 7/3/2013 1:27:04 AM, YYW wrote:
LOL @ people posting on this thread

Indeed.

@1percenter, Nazi references aren't necessarily fallacious if the comparison is apt. Argue the merits of the comparison, not the validity of such a comparison a priori.
@dylancat, just drop Rand and move on to the Ancap phase already. The foreplay has ceased to amuse me.
@Lordknukle, lack of formal education doesn't make someone an idiot. Furthermore, I've had run-ins with the police and yes most of them were despicable people. But just as well I've known good people who happened to be cops. Whatever institutional problems are inherent to the State, they certainly aren't enough to necessitate (or even lead to to whatever degree yer implying) antisocial behavior in the sense that yer arguing.