Jump to topic:

One Last Post

I-did-formerly-badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2013 7:51:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Recently, I've gotten myself rather worked up over libertarianism... But my frustration was misplaced, and I beg forgiveness. Freedom surely is a beautiful thing, and I would never have it stricken from the world, and not only that, but I do sympathize with those opposed to government, to forced taxation and mandated coercion otherwise. I agree, brothers and sisters.

However, my frustration was not wholley unjustified. There is a mindset that no man is responsible for his fellow man, that we're all in this for ourselves, and this pollutes the beauty of what some people are as libertarians. You, my friends, who own this mindset, are misguided souls, and I stand by that with all my heart, for your heart. This is not humanity.

The oldest son tries to beat everything into place with his head. That is who I am. And I own it. And with this I relinquish it. That is who I was. No more brute force, but still, I will be a part of the suggestion that we are better than this, that we are all one and the same. You might consider me hence a libertarian communist. I wonder has that title ever been donned before :P

But it has, and by a great hero of mine: Dumbledore. Don't laugh. Perhaps I might better say: J. K. Rowling. She is truly a wonderous woman. The mother of my greatest thoughts, a saviour from a world of darkness. English. Great people them. You know I'd never thought about it before, but the way they add the "u" where the Americans cast it aside - in words like "saviour" and "favourite" - perhaps they're a people very much in touch with what we really are. A people who make "Our" and "Us" out of everything - misguidedly, surely, at times, but I'll dream of it as their true heart. I'll believe it as their true heart.

I wont ever renounce communism, but I wouldn't mind renaming it, perhaps recolouring it, too. Blue is a nice colour, don't you guys think? We might bring about The Children of the Sky. Skyism, perhaps? Too close to Skyrim? But I'm not looking to make any money... just peace of mind. And not just for myself, but for everyone.

I was reading the newspaper today. A man chased a young child through a playground, stabbed him in the chest, then made after a little girl, too. She got away and the boy survived, thank all that is good. But I did not hate the man. Even when I read that he was suspected of murdering an old lady, too. Instead, I felt sorrow for him. This is a man driven mad by our age. A man who has owned the wrong of the world, as I myself have in the past. And painted with it. "This is what the world is," he paints. "Playgrounds don't belong". Luckily, however, I have felt love. I have felt true beauty and it has saved me. And I feel I can make a difference in living and so it pushes me on. If I didn't, I fear I wouldn't be long more for this world. I think of Heath Ledger now, the man who owned the Joker. I think of my cousin, a young boy of 14 years of age who took his own life with a plastic bag. Two misguided heroes, and my heart breaks.

It's time we built a new world, brothers and sisters. This is my purpose in life. If you feel as if the world could crush you at times, just know, you are not alone.

(One last post for now anyway. I can be more productive than this. Louder, say :P Peace dudes.)
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 12:47:35 AM
At 7/4/2013 10:22:27 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Wait, you were banned?

Nope, unlucky :P

God damn that Doctor Who and his absolute sense though. Right, I'm a libertarian, a good one. Scratch that Children of the Sky bit, what's in name but something to be turned against what it was to be? and I dunno where to go from here... to love I guess... and spreading love... Fight Club had it and all, and I was thinking it was to belittle me, to stifle me with that finish up... but no, love is the most powerful thing we can bestow upon the world. Love and freedom. Okay, now I've really grown up.

Peace dudes. I'll not delete this one.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 12:54:02 AM
Wait... I'm not even a libertarian. I am a lover. Damnit. What can you call yourself? F*ck sense. Actions speaks louder than words, I guess? Pwooshh...
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 12:58:51 AM
Theme song for this OP:

I was gonna write sensical posts,
But then I got high

I was gonna make a lot of sense,
But then I got high

Now I'm writing weird, and I know why...
(why?)

Because I got high, because I got high, because I got hiiiiiiigh

(la-de-da-da-da-da)
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 1:02:10 AM
At 7/5/2013 12:58:51 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Theme song for this OP:

But then I got high

But then I got high

(why?)

(la-de-da-da-da-da)

And this is how it ended:
Tsar of DDO
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 1:18:02 AM
At 7/5/2013 12:58:51 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Theme song for this OP:

But then I got high

But then I got high

(why?)

(la-de-da-da-da-da)

I had no trouble understanding it. In fact, I kind of agree with his line of thinking, so I can rephrase it for you:

Classical liberalism operates on the assumption that poverty is inevitable, and that there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it. So what do we do? We let poor people starve. The OP sees this as a rather pessimistic world view, and thinks that there is another way to solve humanity's problems. This is the part open to interpretation - I'd wager that it is lights-out automation for production of basic necessities (state-owned or tightly regulated, with products being distributed as needed to those who need them) coupled with a free market for luxuries. The main point that is being raised as an issue here is that while capitalism claims that everyone can win, it comes with the catch that some are doomed to lose no matter what.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 1:52:47 AM
Eh, I'll stick around for another hour if anyone wants to argue with me actually... but after that I'm on hiatus. Things to do finally. Sensible things that make sense that I can actually live for without wondering what the f*ck am I doing. I've never felt like this before.