jzonda415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 7:53:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I do apologize if this has been discussed before but to put it simply:

If President Obama had an account on DDO:

1) What would be some topics you would want to debate him on?

2) What would some questions you want to ask him?

Me personally, I would love to debate him on his plans to fight climate change and why they shouldn't be implemented.

I would also like to ask him about what he intends to do about lowering the debt and when he intends to do it.

What about you guys?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 7:57:41 PM
I'd be interesting to see how he'd do as a debater. While, my initial thoughts are that he'd be crushed, he did graduate magna cum laude from Harvard in law, so he is very bright. However, due to the nature of politics, you have to use very simple language and debate tactics that use a ton of logical fallacies in order to become president.

Of course, going on DDO is political suicide.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 7:57:49 PM
At 7/6/2013 7:53:36 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
I do apologize if this has been discussed before but to put it simply:

If President Obama had an account on DDO:

1) What would be some topics you would want to debate him on?

Why he has not fired his Attorney General for gross incompetence.

2) What would some questions you want to ask him?

Why Eric Holder still has a job.
Tsar of DDO
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2013 8:46:54 PM
Let's call in Roy.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2013 9:59:20 AM
At 7/6/2013 7:57:41 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I'd be interesting to see how he'd do as a debater. While, my initial thoughts are that he'd be crushed, he did graduate magna cum laude from Harvard in law, so he is very bright. However, due to the nature of politics, you have to use very simple language and debate tactics that use a ton of logical fallacies in order to become president.

I think that his debating skills have certainly gone down. That being said, I think he would do pretty well, but against strong debaters, there is always an element of randomness. He does, however, have the advantage of being able to acquire new research to support his points whenever he wants.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2013 12:22:09 PM
At 7/7/2013 9:59:20 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

I think that his debating skills have certainly gone down. That being said, I think he would do pretty well, but against strong debaters, there is always an element of randomness. He does, however, have the advantage of being able to acquire new research to support his points whenever he wants.

But everyone writes his debate topics and speeches for him. He can't bring a teleprompter to DDO.
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2013 12:25:47 PM
At 7/7/2013 12:22:09 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/7/2013 9:59:20 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

But everyone writes his debate topics and speeches for him. He can't bring a teleprompter to DDO.

No, but there is technically nothing stating you can't have outside assistance gathering information.