Jump to topic:

July 4th DUI Checkpoint

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 11:50:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
LOL, what Constitution? We all know compulsory-funded, socialized food production results in the starvation of millions; most of us know compulsory-funded, socialized medicine leaves millions without adequate care; when will we agree that compulsory-funded, socialized law enforcement is an awful idea?

I think law, law enforcement, and protection are integral to individual well-being. Not all police officers are evil, but the brutish psychological phenomena perniciously creep into their personalities and turn them into freedom-hating bullies.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 11:59:33 AM
I am not a sympathizer to abusive force or overly-assertive authority but what the hell is this rubbish? He was impudent from the beginning and asked for trouble. This isn't even a legitimate demonstration of abusive policing.

and are you trying to say "compulsively funded"?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 12:47:22 PM
I'm afraid that entire mandatory stop thing has been tested at the Supreme court. As long as they stop all vehicles they are can do that as well as check your car. I'm surprised they didn't bust up his video camera after finding it.

Here is a very good article that hightlights our police state.
Why did you shoot me, I was reading a book. It is posted on Salon, so take with grain of salt, but there are some remarkable questions that arise when reading this. Why are we so heavy handed? One can argue that need to error on heavy handedness for safety reasons of the police, but some of this stuff is ridiculousness.

http://www.salon.com...

I'm a firm believer that the police fall into an unconscious trap that we all fall into, the in and out group mentality. Once you unconsciously form out groups, you treat them differently and it is exactly why if we had cops stop all Hispanics to check papers for a legal right to be here, it would result in more law suits from mishandling the stop than it would be worth in gathering up illegals.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 9:07:38 PM
At 7/8/2013 11:59:33 AM, 000ike wrote:
I am not a sympathizer to abusive force or overly-assertive authority but what the hell is this rubbish? He was impudent from the beginning and asked for trouble. This isn't even a legitimate demonstration of abusive policing.

>Actually follows law
>"asked for trouble"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 10:04:07 PM
At 7/8/2013 9:07:38 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

>Actually follows law
>"asked for trouble"

lol so the Zimmerman trial in which an unarmed minor was murdered is annoying and pointless to you, but this...this here is the freakin' apocalypse right?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 10:32:44 PM

>Actually follows law
>"asked for trouble"

recording police is against the law.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 10:35:52 PM
At 7/8/2013 10:32:44 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

>Actually follows law
>"asked for trouble"

That's jurisdictional and not always the case. I would say it's usually the case that you CAN record the police, although there are some jurisdictions that don't allow it either under wiretapping laws or ones specifically constructed for the police.

Either way, I think such laws are nothing but an encouragement for abuse of power; the common citizen knows their word is taken at less value than a police officer's, so they have a vested interest in creating a record, and the police are acting within their scope as public servants.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 10:41:23 PM
At 7/8/2013 10:35:52 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

>Actually follows law
>"asked for trouble"

That's jurisdictional and not always the case. I would say it's usually the case that you CAN record the police, although there are some jurisdictions that don't allow it either under wiretapping laws or ones specifically constructed for the police.

Either way, I think such laws are nothing but an encouragement for abuse of power; the common citizen knows their word is taken at less value than a police officer's, so they have a vested interest in creating a record, and the police are acting within their scope as public servants.

I agree that it "shouldn't" be a law, but when talking about what is rather than what should be, it usually is. Though I don't believe it was released what jurisdiction this was (the intro just said that it wasn't two in particular).

Either way, the kid brought it upon himself. He knew exactly what was gonna happen when he only rolled his window down 3 inches (or however little it was) and he can't complain when he gets what he expects. It's like people that smoke pot. You can choose to do it if you want, but don't cry if you get arrested. When cause and effect is laid out right in front of you, clear as night and day, feel free to try and change it if you don't like it, but don't ignore it and cry.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 10:45:54 PM
At 7/8/2013 10:41:23 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 7/8/2013 10:35:52 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

>Actually follows law
>"asked for trouble"

I agree that it "shouldn't" be a law, but when talking about what is rather than what should be, it usually is. Though I don't believe it was released what jurisdiction this was (the intro just said that it wasn't two in particular).

Either way, the kid brought it upon himself. He knew exactly what was gonna happen when he only rolled his window down 3 inches (or however little it was) and he can't complain when he gets what he expects. It's like people that smoke pot. You can choose to do it if you want, but don't cry if you get arrested. When cause and effect is laid out right in front of you, clear as night and day, feel free to try and change it if you don't like it, but don't ignore it and cry.

I didn't actually watch the video...my speakers get dorked up (there's a bug in the "wake" function of Linux Mint for some drivers) sometimes from going back and for the HDMI, so until I get around to manually fixing it, I don't watch the videos. I was just poking my head up to say that the vast majority of jurisdictions I'm aware of do allow recording.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 11:01:22 PM

>Actually follows law
>"asked for trouble"

"The law in 38 states plainly allows citizens to record police, as long as you don't physically interfere with their work. Police might still unfairly harass you, detain you, or confiscate your camera. They might even arrest you for some catchall misdemeanor such as obstruction of justice or disorderly conduct. But you will not be charged for illegally recording police."

"In most states it's almost always illegal to record a conversation in which you're not a party and don't have consent to record. Massachusetts is the only state to uphold a conviction for recording on-duty police, but that conviction was for a secret recording where the defendant failed to inform police he was recording."

http://gizmodo.com...