Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Alex Jones Predictions

1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 2:22:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Has anyone else noticed how much this guy screws up.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 2:22:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, I guess we all noticed, but this is a look at some of them.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 2:24:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
tell that to the annoying zealots that worship him. There are too many loud, annoying people in politics. far too many.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 2:44:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alex Jones, and many other commentators, are never required to place their own credibility on the table along with their pronouncements. They may say any outrageous thing, and never be required to admit that they were wrong by any substantial degree.

This, coupled with the fact that they are often paid to be as outrageous as possible (they call it being "thought-provoking," with a comical lack of irony), causes them to constantly try to outdo themselves in terms of generating outrage.

There is a market for this, and there always has been. The danger is when there is no market for the banal, complicated, humdrum truth. This sets up a situation:

Rebutting fools like Alex Jones loudly enough to neutralize his nonsense requires that these rebuttals be marketable. However, they must remain less marketable than Alex Jones, et.al., because they depend on his popularity in order to find an audience. As Alex Jones becomes less popular, his opposition finds fewer people to care what they have to say in challenge to him.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 2:47:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My God you people are idiots. Alex Jones is not a psychic.

Your primitive reasoning says "Alex Jones = psychic + failed prediction = not real psychic, therefore discredited."

I don't recall him ever being psychic. I don't recall him ever even being part of a trends research institute. That would be Gerald Celente, whose living is actually to make predictions.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 2:57:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/8/2013 2:47:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
My God you people are idiots. Alex Jones is not a psychic.

Your primitive reasoning says "Alex Jones = psychic + failed prediction = not real psychic, therefore discredited."

I don't recall him ever being psychic. I don't recall him ever even being part of a trends research institute. That would be Gerald Celente, whose living is actually to make predictions.

The point was that the man traffics in forwarding bold and outrageous claims on pathetic or completely non-existent grounds. That kind of careless, unevidenced rationale that allows him to make these predictions with impunity is the same type of rationale that encourages him to make conspiracy theories.

I honestly wonder who's less intelligent, Alex Jones or the people that follow him.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 3:02:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/8/2013 2:44:52 PM, DeFool wrote:
Alex Jones, and many other commentators, are never required to place their own credibility on the table along with their pronouncements. They may say any outrageous thing, and never be required to admit that they were wrong by any substantial degree.

Alex Jones corrects mistakes on air. He does open invites to debate anyone who dares challenge him. He invited David de Rothschild to debate global warming agenda and obliterated him with facts. He invited the head of the British left-wing Davos think tank to debate. Davos is dedicated to debunking conspiracy theories and Alex Jones simply had too much knowledge that Davos failed to debunk Alex Jones.

This, coupled with the fact that they are often paid to be as outrageous as possible (they call it being "thought-provoking," with a comical lack of irony), causes them to constantly try to outdo themselves in terms of generating outrage.

Alex Jones has been kicked off multiple radio stations when he first started, he built his radio show and business from the ground up, against the grain, with no major conglomerate support. Now he is widely requested and offered multi-million dollar deals and he turns them all down. His net-worth is $5 million so he could just go back home and live comfortably on his ranch, but instead he fights. He's not playing games, he protests every Bilderberg Group meeting and even broke into Bohemian Grove to get footage. That's true conviction, not opportunistic greed.

All of his information is fact, not anecdote. None of what he says is Alex Jones saying it. It's the documents and the globalists in their own words. Nothing originates from his head, it's all sourced, documented, on record, or public.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 3:55:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/8/2013 3:02:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/8/2013 2:44:52 PM, DeFool wrote:
Alex Jones, and many other commentators, are never required to place their own credibility on the table along with their pronouncements. They may say any outrageous thing, and never be required to admit that they were wrong by any substantial degree.

Alex Jones corrects mistakes on air.
He does open invites to debate anyone who dares challenge him.
How did that Piers Morgan debate go?

He invited David de Rothschild to debate global warming agenda and obliterated him with facts. He invited the head of the British left-wing Davos think tank to debate. Davos is dedicated to debunking conspiracy theories and Alex Jones simply had too much knowledge that Davos failed to debunk Alex Jones.


This, coupled with the fact that they are often paid to be as outrageous as possible (they call it being "thought-provoking," with a comical lack of irony), causes them to constantly try to outdo themselves in terms of generating outrage.

Alex Jones has been kicked off multiple radio stations when he first started, he built his radio show and business from the ground up, against the grain, with no major conglomerate support. Now he is widely requested and offered multi-million dollar deals and he turns them all down. His net-worth is $5 million so he could just go back home and live comfortably on his ranch, but instead he fights. He's not playing games, he protests every Bilderberg Group meeting and even broke into Bohemian Grove to get footage. That's true conviction, not opportunistic greed.

All of his information is fact, not anecdote. None of what he says is Alex Jones saying it. It's the documents and the globalists in their own words. Nothing originates from his head, it's all sourced, documented, on record, or public.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 4:38:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/8/2013 3:02:51 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 7/8/2013 2:44:52 PM, DeFool wrote:
Alex Jones, and many other commentators, are never required to place their own credibility on the table along with their pronouncements. They may say any outrageous thing, and never be required to admit that they were wrong by any substantial degree.

Alex Jones corrects mistakes on air. He does open invites to debate anyone who dares challenge him. He invited David de Rothschild to debate global warming agenda and obliterated him with facts. He invited the head of the British left-wing Davos think tank to debate. Davos is dedicated to debunking conspiracy theories and Alex Jones simply had too much knowledge that Davos failed to debunk Alex Jones.


This, coupled with the fact that they are often paid to be as outrageous as possible (they call it being "thought-provoking," with a comical lack of irony), causes them to constantly try to outdo themselves in terms of generating outrage.

Alex Jones has been kicked off multiple radio stations when he first started, he built his radio show and business from the ground up, against the grain, with no major conglomerate support. Now he is widely requested and offered multi-million dollar deals and he turns them all down. His net-worth is $5 million so he could just go back home and live comfortably on his ranch, but instead he fights. He's not playing games, he protests every Bilderberg Group meeting and even broke into Bohemian Grove to get footage. That's true conviction, not opportunistic greed.

All of his information is fact, not anecdote. None of what he says is Alex Jones saying it. It's the documents and the globalists in their own words. Nothing originates from his head, it's all sourced, documented, on record, or public.

Word. Only I wouldn't go as far as say everything he says is official but he certainly pisses on a lot of people's parades.
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 4:44:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am directing this response to GeoLaurate.

Before we set out to defend Alex Jones, perhaps we should clarify exactly what it is that is being discussed. Many of us on the left feel that Alex Jones's ability to correctly predict where our current events may lead us is lacking.

There is a video that puts forward 42 examples that support this view. Will a defender come forward that can put our liberal minds at ease?

Let's find out:

The first two predictions that Alex Jones makes in the video are A) That the US Dollar would be worth about ten cents within two years, and B) That there would likely be a bombing carried out by the US government to coincide with Obama's inauguration.

Have either of these two scenarios happened?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 4:54:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/8/2013 2:22:00 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Has anyone else noticed how much this guy screws up.



The finacial take down of countries that belong to Europe are already in process, the Cyprus scandal where depositors lost up to 80% of anything over 100k from their bank accounts to save the bank from depleting itself,
Honest hard working civilians lost millions and have been left to face austerity for years a whole country plunged into a depression because bigger banks loan them large sums and then they are at their mercy when they demand it back.

More countries are also at the mercy of the IMF with Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, to name a few are all heading for destruction, at one point up to 40 people a day were committing suicide on the streets of Greece everyday... It's a messed up world, the people of Cyprus which has a tiny population of a little over 1 million have had to swallow their bank accounts raided by the banks themselves.....

Nothing to worry about here, keep calm and carry on.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 5:08:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/8/2013 4:44:12 PM, DeFool wrote:
I am directing this response to GeoLaurate.

Before we set out to defend Alex Jones, perhaps we should clarify exactly what it is that is being discussed. Many of us on the left feel that Alex Jones's ability to correctly predict where our current events may lead us is lacking.

There is a video that puts forward 42 examples that support this view. Will a defender come forward that can put our liberal minds at ease?

Let's find out:

The first two predictions that Alex Jones makes in the video are A) That the US Dollar would be worth about ten cents within two years, and B) That there would likely be a bombing carried out by the US government to coincide with Obama's inauguration.

Have either of these two scenarios happened?

I have to make you right, that its futile trying to defend the fact that Alex Jones has failed to accurately predict time scales of future events or even the future events themselves ever coming to be.

I wouldn't defend him that far,

I do think he touches on some interesting facts at times, I am a believer in the west trying to globalize the planet, in other, I believe they are trying to create a NWO and maintain global control... New scientist did an article where they had empirical proof of a few Super cooperations controlling a mass of other smaller cooperations which control over 40% of the global economy..

I am typing from my phone so am not able to type as easy as I would like to. But I think there is cause for concern of a global tyranny soon, maybe, perhaps,? Our food is genetically modified, our cattle is also pumped up with steroids, nothing is as natural in big city's, especially in London where I live.

I am not defending Alex Jones, but I like to hear him speak and then pick up on stuff if it rings true, I think some of it's is.
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 5:21:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/8/2013 5:08:25 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/8/2013 4:44:12 PM, DeFool wrote:
I am directing this response to GeoLaurate.

Before we set out to defend Alex Jones, perhaps we should clarify exactly what it is that is being discussed. Many of us on the left feel that Alex Jones's ability to correctly predict where our current events may lead us is lacking.

There is a video that puts forward 42 examples that support this view. Will a defender come forward that can put our liberal minds at ease?

Let's find out:

The first two predictions that Alex Jones makes in the video are A) That the US Dollar would be worth about ten cents within two years, and B) That there would likely be a bombing carried out by the US government to coincide with Obama's inauguration.

Have either of these two scenarios happened?

I have to make you right, that its futile trying to defend the fact that Alex Jones has failed to accurately predict time scales of future events or even the future events themselves ever coming to be.

I wouldn't defend him that far,

I do think he touches on some interesting facts at times, I am a believer in the west trying to globalize the planet, in other, I believe they are trying to create a NWO and maintain global control... New scientist did an article where they had empirical proof of a few Super cooperations controlling a mass of other smaller cooperations which control over 40% of the global economy..

I am typing from my phone so am not able to type as easy as I would like to. But I think there is cause for concern of a global tyranny soon, maybe, perhaps,? Our food is genetically modified, our cattle is also pumped up with steroids, nothing is as natural in big city's, especially in London where I live.

I am not defending Alex Jones, but I like to hear him speak and then pick up on stuff if it rings true, I think some of it's is.

Then, I suppose that we can agree that his powers of prognostication are not substantial. As we agree, I would further state that we cannot trust the predictions that he will make going forward.

Even GeoLaurate, who I had hoped would defend Alex Jones' predictive skills, has suggested that it is unfair to insult him over having been wrong so often, about so many important things.

If we are to accept that some event may occur that lines up with Jones' predictions - then we should probably accept that these things may not be proof of his mental prowess, but only evidence for his abilities to read blogs.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 12:40:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/8/2013 2:47:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
My God you people are idiots. Alex Jones is not a psychic.

Your primitive reasoning says "Alex Jones = psychic + failed prediction = not real psychic, therefore discredited."

I don't recall him ever being psychic. I don't recall him ever even being part of a trends research institute. That would be Gerald Celente, whose living is actually to make predictions.

The point is that he made very outlandish predictions. When these don't come true, it's very reasonable to consider him discreditable.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2013 10:17:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/8/2013 5:21:56 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 7/8/2013 5:08:25 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 7/8/2013 4:44:12 PM, DeFool wrote:
I am directing this response to GeoLaurate.

Before we set out to defend Alex Jones, perhaps we should clarify exactly what it is that is being discussed. Many of us on the left feel that Alex Jones's ability to correctly predict where our current events may lead us is lacking.

There is a video that puts forward 42 examples that support this view. Will a defender come forward that can put our liberal minds at ease?

Let's find out:

The first two predictions that Alex Jones makes in the video are A) That the US Dollar would be worth about ten cents within two years, and B) That there would likely be a bombing carried out by the US government to coincide with Obama's inauguration.

Have either of these two scenarios happened?

I have to make you right, that its futile trying to defend the fact that Alex Jones has failed to accurately predict time scales of future events or even the future events themselves ever coming to be.

I wouldn't defend him that far,

I do think he touches on some interesting facts at times, I am a believer in the west trying to globalize the planet, in other, I believe they are trying to create a NWO and maintain global control... New scientist did an article where they had empirical proof of a few Super cooperations controlling a mass of other smaller cooperations which control over 40% of the global economy..

I am typing from my phone so am not able to type as easy as I would like to. But I think there is cause for concern of a global tyranny soon, maybe, perhaps,? Our food is genetically modified, our cattle is also pumped up with steroids, nothing is as natural in big city's, especially in London where I live.

I am not defending Alex Jones, but I like to hear him speak and then pick up on stuff if it rings true, I think some of it's is.

Then, I suppose that we can agree that his powers of prognostication are not substantial. As we agree, I would further state that we cannot trust the predictions that he will make going forward.

Even GeoLaurate, who I had hoped would defend Alex Jones' predictive skills, has suggested that it is unfair to insult him over having been wrong so often, about so many important things.

If we are to accept that some event may occur that lines up with Jones' predictions - then we should probably accept that these things may not be proof of his mental prowess, but only evidence for his abilities to read blogs.

That's a bit harsh, because I am sure some of the things he states are in fact accurate eye openers, But I do also see your point in the fact that he has been wrong on a great number of occasions, and we should be very dubious about anything he promises in future, but at the same time although with a pinch of salt, I am still keen to listen to Alex.