Jump to topic:

Mexico Needs Intervention

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:12:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The US loves to intervene in countries around the world in all sorts of affairs, but the one place that we seemingly refuse to do anything about is Mexico, our neighbor.

Mexico is quickly degrading and is becoming a serious security risk to us. They now have vigilianty "self-defense" forces capturing police stations and creating roadblocks. This new type of armed group is on the rise in response to the hegemony of the drug cartels in Northern Mexico while the government cowers in Mexico City unable to flex any type of muscle.

If any country needs massive military aid money, technology etc it's Mexico so they can start taking their country back from these groups of armed bandits.

http://www.foreignaffairs.com...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:27:03 AM
So... you're cheering for the drug dealers?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:30:12 AM
At 7/10/2013 11:27:03 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

What? No.

How did you come to that conclusion? I'm cheering for order and a call for the US to do something to instill that order.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:36:56 AM
Let it ride. I'm tired of the U.S. throwing it's might around and shooting everybody up. The People should be allowed to dictate their own government.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:38:56 AM
At 7/10/2013 11:36:56 AM, Naysayer wrote:
Let it ride. I'm tired of the U.S. throwing it's might around and shooting everybody up. The People should be allowed to dictate their own government.

I agree, but what I'm saying is that we don't let other countries ride. If we are going to poke our nose anywhere it should be in Mexico.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:49:21 AM
At 7/10/2013 11:38:56 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I agree, but what I'm saying is that we don't let other countries ride. If we are going to poke our nose anywhere it should be in Mexico.

I understand the frustration, but I think you're arguing the wrong point. What give the U.S. the right to dictate the rights of sovereign governments? Our superior form of government and civil rights?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:53:23 AM
At 7/10/2013 11:30:12 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

What? No.

How did you come to that conclusion? I'm cheering for order and a call for the US to do something to instill that order.

The vigilantes that you want to eradicate are operating against the drug dealers.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2013 11:54:35 AM
At 7/10/2013 11:53:23 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/10/2013 11:30:12 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

What? No.

The vigilantes that you want to eradicate are operating against the drug dealers.

I want to elevate Mexico to a state where it does not need vigilantes to combat drug dealers. And some of these groups work for cartels and become cartels themselves. Mexico needs to stabilize so that the police and military and government can reassert control independently. That's what I'm cheering for.