Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Marijuana legalizations

TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 9:56:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't know how accurate the tests in this video are, but I am pro-legalization. I think if this video is accurate, that it only means there should be a calculated dosage that people are allowed to smoke and drive. Currently it pertains only to medical, and only refers to marijuana, but I wonder some of the effect of other drugs? I am pro-legalization as long as it hurts no one else.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 10:00:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
wonder if they get paid for doing the test, or be given free pot w/out legal repercussions is the reward for doing the test.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2013 10:11:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 10:00:15 PM, darkkermit wrote:
wonder if they get paid for doing the test, or be given free pot w/out legal repercussions is the reward for doing the test.

I would do it just to do it.
Tsar of DDO
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:35:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Drunk drivers smash into people.

High drivers sit at a stop sign, waiting for it to turn green.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 1:37:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Notice that all the stoners there knew when they smoked too much to drive. Smoking a ton will make you too paranoid to drive.

Drunk drivers are like "naaaw man..I'm..I'm cool...*burp*..I got this"
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
slo1
Posts: 4,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 9:26:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
From this, it does seem the standard as far as what is legal amount in blood is very strict. Definitely more strict than .08 alcohol.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 10:27:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm curious, does anyone know what precedent was used for the limits already in place? Was there studies done, or was it simply arbitrary?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 3:00:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/12/2013 10:27:51 AM, muzebreak wrote:
I'm curious, does anyone know what precedent was used for the limits already in place? Was there studies done, or was it simply arbitrary?

I'm guessing they just pulled it out of their ass. By bureaucrats and not scientists or anyone who has ever smoked before.

The girl was already three times over the limit before it even started. As a heavy user, she probably wasn't even feeling it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 3:31:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
She is enjoying the test way too much. Just look at the face she makes at 1:19
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
ZakYoungTheLibertarian
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 3:39:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In general it's ill advised to drive while under the influence of most psychoactive substances. I suspect that some substances may improve your driving ability - for example modifinil, especially if you're tired, a substance the U.S. Air Force uses for pilots who have been up too long but they still need to fly.

Be careful though... you don't want to end up like this guy :

http://canlii.org...
barackobama
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 10:24:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/11/2013 9:56:44 PM, TUF wrote:


I don't know how accurate the tests in this video are, but I am pro-legalization. I think if this video is accurate, that it only means there should be a calculated dosage that people are allowed to smoke and drive. Currently it pertains only to medical, and only refers to marijuana, but I wonder some of the effect of other drugs? I am pro-legalization as long as it hurts no one else.
actually it does hurt other people. smoking in general is bad for the earth.
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 12:26:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/31/2013 10:24:00 AM, barackobama wrote:
At 7/11/2013 9:56:44 PM, TUF wrote:


I don't know how accurate the tests in this video are, but I am pro-legalization. I think if this video is accurate, that it only means there should be a calculated dosage that people are allowed to smoke and drive. Currently it pertains only to medical, and only refers to marijuana, but I wonder some of the effect of other drugs? I am pro-legalization as long as it hurts no one else.
actually it does hurt other people. smoking in general is bad for the earth.

I guess people shouldn't drive cars than, huh?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 4:22:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am definitely anti-pot legalization. I mean don't get me wrong: I like weed, but if we legalize it we'll have to legalize meth and heroin and be stuck with retards roaming the streets, smashing cars up for their fixes.
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 4:28:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 4:22:30 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I am definitely anti-pot legalization. I mean don't get me wrong: I like weed, but if we legalize it we'll have to legalize meth and heroin and be stuck with retards roaming the streets, smashing cars up for their fixes.

Slippery slope aside, drug use itself is a victimless crime. It is only once they start doing things like smashing up cars does it become a crime that affects others.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 4:49:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 4:28:23 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 8/4/2013 4:22:30 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I am definitely anti-pot legalization. I mean don't get me wrong: I like weed, but if we legalize it we'll have to legalize meth and heroin and be stuck with retards roaming the streets, smashing cars up for their fixes.

Slippery slope aside,

My counterpoint does not make a slippery slope fallacy because if marijuana is legalized, then so will other Schedule 1 drugs, including heroin.

drug use itself is a victimless crime. It is only once they start doing things like smashing up cars does it become a crime that affects others.

True, but the massive rise in violent crime by addicts who could get their fix of heroin every day if it were legalized would definitely affect others.
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 4:57:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/4/2013 4:49:56 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
At 8/4/2013 4:28:23 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 8/4/2013 4:22:30 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I am definitely anti-pot legalization. I mean don't get me wrong: I like weed, but if we legalize it we'll have to legalize meth and heroin and be stuck with retards roaming the streets, smashing cars up for their fixes.

Slippery slope aside,

My counterpoint does not make a slippery slope fallacy because if marijuana is legalized, then so will other Schedule 1 drugs, including heroin.

It's a slippery slope because a couple of things. One, legislation does not always follow on principle. An example of this is Roe v. Wade giving people privacy of their own bodies, and yet people aren't allowed to do drugs. Two, the question in regards to marijuana legalization generally has more to do with whether or not marijuana should even be a schedule one drug in the first place.

drug use itself is a victimless crime. It is only once they start doing things like smashing up cars does it become a crime that affects others.

True, but the massive rise in violent crime by addicts who could get their fix of heroin every day if it were legalized would definitely affect others.

A criminal should not be punished until there is a victim. To keep drugs illegal based on your reasoning here is to punish people before they commit a crime. This would be similar to punishing minorities because they are statistically more likely to commit a crime. This is, of course, ridiculous and should not be done.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Shadowguynick
Posts: 516
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2013 9:19:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm against marijuana, but not for the 'getting high' part. Although getting violently high is not a good thing, and it certainly messes with your receptor sites in your brain, it is not as bad as the smoking that damages your lungs. I am against cigarettes too. Smoking causes too much damage to lungs that can be irreparable. I am against pot brownies too, because pot brownies is a double standard. Someone can bring pot brownies to a party, but everyone goes up in arms about me bring the crystal meth cupcakes >:( that's RACIST potheads. We meth addicts are people too!