Missouri allows gun-safety for 1st graders

jzonda415
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2013 11:24:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.foxnews.com...

The article says: "Missouri schools will be encouraged to teach first-graders a gun safety course sponsored by the National Rifle Association as a result of legislation signed Friday by Gov. Jay Nixon.

The legislation also requires school personnel to participate in an "active shooter and intruder" drill led by law enforcement officers"

Any thoughts on this law?
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 4:39:00 AM
Seems interesting. I see no real problem with it, in fact I would be for it. My middle school offered a hunting safety course for children 8 and above. It definitely made me treat guns with more respect, because I had a better understanding of what they could do.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 4:26:06 PM
I think it's great that they're teaching safety to the kids... as long as they don't show how to shoot and other things.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
dragon_slayer489
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 4:27:15 PM
well i see that this will never help the fact that guns are not safe period that is the poiint that guns are not safe for any young child
the attacker from above
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 4:28:49 PM
At 7/16/2013 4:27:15 PM, dragon_slayer489 wrote:
well i see that this will never help the fact that guns are not safe period that is the poiint that guns are not safe for any young child

I know but I think it's key to teach them safety.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 5:06:08 PM
I'm not sure I understand how this course could go beyond "DON'T F*CKING TOUCH GUNS UNTIL YOU'RE OLDER."

At least we aren't teaching them about SEX. That might be dangerous.