Jump to topic:

The Next Zimmerman

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 7:22:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Prediction: This man will either go free for shooting a sixth grade African American student or will be put into a mental hospital and use the mother's tax money to fund the rest of his existence. Predicted reasoning: "Of course he was "insane"; he wasn't African American. He isn't responsible for this!"

http://news.yahoo.com...
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 7:27:33 AM
At 7/17/2013 7:22:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Prediction: This man will either go free for shooting a sixth grade African American student or will be put into a mental hospital and use the mother's tax money to fund the rest of his existence. Predicted reasoning: "Of course he was "insane"; he wasn't African American. He isn't responsible for this!"

And if that doesn't happen, I hope you come back here and apologize for your race baiting.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 8:06:38 AM
At 7/17/2013 7:27:33 AM, Naysayer wrote:

And if that doesn't happen, I hope you come back here and apologize for your race baiting.

royal's never one to let the facts get in the way of her trolling.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:41:10 AM

I don't understand anything in that link. He killed a guy. He happened to be black. WHAT?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:49:12 AM

What an awful article :(
This is akin to Zimmerman how? Because he thought a black teen did something. That's it. (unless you believe that Zimmerman started the actual fight)

And, of course, it's because the teen was black that is why he is suspected. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that it's a fvcking teen.
My work here is, finally, done.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:49:23 AM
Royal, now you're treading into MY territory. Believe me, they've been covering that story here in Milwaukee for damn near a YEAR now. It's very VERY obvious he shot the kid, and there's a video I just saw on the local news this morning of Spooner shooting him. Basically, the option of walking free is out the window. It's really just a question of mental illness at this point.

And frankly, i'd personally say it was. Having heard the story for so long, Spooner was pretty clearly acting irrational and downright insane, confronting a his NEIGHBOR, who he's lived next to for A WHILE, with the random accusation of burglary? Yeah, it seems as though he does have a mental defect.

Of course, I'm not a psychologist, nor have i been down to the courthouse to watch the trial, so I guess I guess I couldn't say I know if he was or wasn't. But just looking at what happened, the circumstances surrounding the two people, how it happened, etc, I'd say my best judgment is that Spooner is probably mentally defective/senile.

But i'm sure I'm just an old racist who thinks Spooner is insane because no white person can ever kill and be of sound mind. I'm sure me living in such proximity and having heard the details of the case over and over since it happened has no bearing. I'm just a bigot.

Get real.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:53:13 AM
At 7/17/2013 10:49:23 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Royal, now you're treading into MY territory. Believe me, they've been covering that story here in Milwaukee for damn near a YEAR now. It's very VERY obvious he shot the kid, and there's a video I just saw on the local news this morning of Spooner shooting him. Basically, the option of walking free is out the window. It's really just a question of mental illness at this point.

And frankly, i'd personally say it was. Having heard the story for so long, Spooner was pretty clearly acting irrational and downright insane, confronting a his NEIGHBOR, who he's lived next to for A WHILE, with the random accusation of burglary? Yeah, it seems as though he does have a mental defect.

Of course, I'm not a psychologist, nor have i been down to the courthouse to watch the trial, so I guess I guess I couldn't say I know if he was or wasn't. But just looking at what happened, the circumstances surrounding the two people, how it happened, etc, I'd say my best judgment is that Spooner is probably mentally defective/senile.

But i'm sure I'm just an old racist who thinks Spooner is insane because no white person can ever kill and be of sound mind. I'm sure me living in such proximity and having heard the details of the case over and over since it happened has no bearing. I'm just a bigot.

Get real.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:55:26 AM

No, you're probably just drunk, though. ;)
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:57:47 AM
At 7/17/2013 10:55:26 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Wait, this isn't grape juice i'm drinking?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:58:54 AM

Get real.

But Whites kill people every day. I mean just look at how many young Men and Women are being killed or have been killed in this war overseas. Just saying now. Don't be so narrow minded.
That guy has a license to kill. You could be next. =)
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 11:01:03 AM
At 7/17/2013 10:58:54 AM, inferno wrote:

Get real.

But Whites kill people every day. I mean just look at how many young Men and Women are being killed or have been killed in this war overseas. Just saying now. Don't be so narrow minded.
That guy has a license to kill. You could be next. =)

No he fvcking doesn't. If he's found Not Guilty by Reason of Mental Defect, he's going to spend the rest of his life (which isn't that long, by the by) in a mental hospital. Either way, he's not going to be out on the street again now that he's pleaded not guilty and using insanity as his defense.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 11:02:32 AM
Either way, the chances of him being found not guilty by insanity are basically slim to none.

Only like 1% of insanity defenses are successful, and even then the vast majority of those successes are Guilty, but Insane verdicts, not Not Guilty.

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 12:57:51 PM
At 7/17/2013 8:06:38 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

royal's never one to let the facts get in the way of her trolling.

This, especially the underlined.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 1:41:11 PM
As I understand, this state has no "Stand Your Ground" laws, which are at the heart of the Trayvon Martin killing.

Without these laws, and perhaps even with them, this man is likely to be punished for the killing.

However, 70% of defendants who invoke Stand Your Ground defense are successful. http://www.tampabay.com...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 1:44:34 PM
At 7/17/2013 1:41:11 PM, DeFool wrote:
As I understand, this state has no "Stand Your Ground" laws, which are at the heart of the Trayvon Martin killing.

Without these laws, and perhaps even with them, this man is likely to be punished for the killing.

However, 70% of defendants who invoke Stand Your Ground defense are successful. http://www.tampabay.com...

We don't have stand your ground laws, no.

However, his defense is that he has a mental defect. Which I believe, but regardless, he'll probably never be out on the street again, even if he is legally acquitted.

charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 1:50:08 PM

Ah, "race baiting", the charge used to discourage violation of the taboo against explicitly and honestly discussing our society's endemic racism. It's not too brilliant, but it is quite effective.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 2:16:41 PM
At 7/17/2013 1:50:08 PM, charleslb wrote:
Ah, "race baiting", the charge used to discourage violation of the taboo against explicitly and honestly discussing our society's endemic racism. It's not too brilliant, but it is quite effective.

Yes. I am that devious. *twists mustache*
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 3:49:11 PM
Well, Spooner was just convicted of Murder 1 after an hour.

Now comes the issue of Spooner's insanity.

http://m.jsonline.com...

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 3:57:39 PM
At 7/17/2013 3:49:11 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Is the insanity defense only after a normal conviction?
I thought it was argued during trial, saying, "yeah, I did it, but I'm not culpable".
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 4:00:45 PM
At 7/17/2013 3:57:39 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I thought it was argued during trial, saying, "yeah, I did it, but I'm not culpable".

This is apparently how it works in Wisconsin... because they're all drunk.. on "grape juice".

You know, you and me and Lannan13 are the only people I know on this site from the Midwest. What's the deal with that?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 4:01:37 PM

I thought that too, but apparently not. Guess it's afterward, because that's what I'm seeing from a quick Google search.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 4:05:21 PM
At 7/17/2013 4:00:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

This is apparently how it works in Wisconsin... because they're all drunk.. on "grape juice".

You know, you and me and Lannan13 are the only people I know on this site from the Midwest. What's the deal with that?

Airmax is from Milwaukee like me, though.

Reppin' dat Mil-town!

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 4:12:11 PM
At 7/17/2013 4:05:21 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 7/17/2013 4:00:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Airmax is from Milwaukee like me, though.

Reppin' dat Mil-town!

Hmmm, so 1/2 of the DDO populace from the Midwest are from one city. It must be the intelectual center of the Midwest...

Perhaps my MN brethren had lied to me about you guys all along... *walks away confused and scared
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 9:37:44 AM

The guy went insane because she was calling the police? I hope he fries. It would be hard pressed to say he didn't know what he was doing.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 11:16:32 AM
At 7/17/2013 10:49:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

This is akin to Zimmerman how? Because he thought a black teen did something. That's it. (unless you believe that Zimmerman started the actual fight)

And, of course, it's because the teen was black that is why he is suspected. It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that it's a fvcking teen.

Sixth graders are 11, no? He's a child.
yang.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 11:46:23 AM
At 7/18/2013 11:16:32 AM, tulle wrote:
At 7/17/2013 10:49:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Sixth graders are 11, no? He's a child.

The article says he was 13. 13 is considered a teen.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 11:51:33 AM
This is nothing like the Zimmerman case. The media is just trying to stir up more racial tension. Other than the color of the skin, this bears NO resemblance at all.

I do not see any similarities. This was murder, not much question about it. There was no grounds for self defense, he did not even have any evidence that the boy stole anything. This is not the same kind of case, noit even close to it.

People kill each other every day and no one bothers batting an eye, but one guy who is half White half Hispanic that is defending himself and the whole world explodes.........

The jury found him not guilty because Zimmerman is NOT GUILTY. Do I have to be white to be racist?

The real racists are those rioting in the streets and smashing cars wearing "Kill Zimmerman" T-Shirts.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 6:37:40 PM
Found this accidentally in my favorites. I did want to point out that this did end the way it should have as a close out to the animosity being shown.

http://www.jsonline.com...
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 6:43:29 PM
At 7/17/2013 10:57:47 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 7/17/2013 10:55:26 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Wait, this isn't grape juice i'm drinking?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 6:43:41 PM

You do realize Trayvon Martin was a pot-smoking, gang-banging punk, right? Race has nothing to do with it. Besides, Zimmerman was a Mexican, not a white guy. If this was about race, it would be because he was white. That's what the media makes it about, anyways. All those people holding up signs saying Zimmerman killed Martin out of racism is an idiotic @sshole.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"