Jump to topic:

Trayvon Martin **

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 9:04:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well the verdict is in and we all know what the final decision was. But let me give you my opinion on this matter. White America did not betray Trayvon America. Although the status quo would love to see us kill one another over this, I think we as a nation have made tremendous progress in terms of race issues and equality. Many people of all races, colors and creeds are very supportive of Trayvon, and with reason too. But I think that it is obvious that George Zimmerman is guilty, but could not be sentenced based on the evidence that was given at that time.
So it was dead..........But the legacy of Dr King has arrived.
Im somewhat surprised at how compassionate many White Americans
are about this matter, even more so than some Blacks. I believe we have made a huge step to racial harmony here in the US.
Do you agree. =)
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 9:15:25 AM
A double asterisk post. This should be good.

At 7/17/2013 9:04:50 AM, inferno wrote:
Well the verdict is in and we all know what the final decision was. But let me give you my opinion on this matter.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com...

White America did not betray Trayvon America. Although the status quo would love to see us kill one another over this, I think we as a nation have made tremendous progress in terms of race issues and equality.

I agree. I think the final steps will involve people no longer categorically segregating America into "White" American and "Trayvon" America. I mean, only a racist would do such a thing.

Many people of all races, colors and creeds are very supportive of Trayvon, and with reason too. But I think that it is obvious that George Zimmerman is guilty, but could not be sentenced based on the evidence that was given at that time.
are about this matter, even more so than some Blacks. I believe we have made a huge step to racial harmony here in the US.
Do you agree. =)

That blacks are less compassionate than whites? No, I don't believe that utterly racist statement.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 9:21:45 AM
At 7/17/2013 9:15:25 AM, drafterman wrote:

Well the verdict is in and we all know what the final decision was. But let me give you my opinion on this matter.

White America did not betray Trayvon America. Although the status quo would love to see us kill one another over this, I think we as a nation have made tremendous progress in terms of race issues and equality.

I agree. I think the final steps will involve people no longer categorically segregating America into "White" American and "Trayvon" America. I mean, only a racist would do such a thing.

Many people of all races, colors and creeds are very supportive of Trayvon, and with reason too. But I think that it is obvious that George Zimmerman is guilty, but could not be sentenced based on the evidence that was given at that time.
Do you agree. =)

That blacks are less compassionate than whites? No, I don't believe that utterly racist statement.

That's not what I said. I said that in some cases concerning this matter, Whites seem to be almost even more outraged by this story.
I mean, look at how the media is assassinating George Zimmermans
character, and with reason. Many believe that he deserves this.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:00:25 AM

Do you agree. =)

4/10. I usually expect better from you.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:04:25 AM
At 7/17/2013 10:00:25 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

Do you agree. =)

What do you mean by this ?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:06:17 AM

Do you agree. =)

Can't win 'em all.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 10:18:45 AM
At 7/17/2013 10:06:17 AM, drafterman wrote:

Do you agree. =)

Can't win 'em all.

Well anyway............The truth stands. I do believe that the media has also helped us more than they have hurt.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 1:46:46 PM
At 7/17/2013 10:18:45 AM, inferno wrote:

The Fool: it shouldn't be a matter of "support." Whatever that is supposed to mean anyway? Trayvon was obviously in the wrong, it was just a matter of whether Zimmerman's use of a gun was warranted... He had to make a judgement call in which his own life was at risk. .. Can we really blame him. Trayvon didn't deserve to die,and that is what sucked. Putting Zimmerman in jail wouldn't have brought him back.

Do you agree. =)

Can't win 'em all.

Well anyway............The truth stands. I do believe that the media has also helped us more than they have hurt.

The Fool: it shouldn't even have been a racial issue. It's the media's fault for hyping it as a racial issue. I wouldn't even recognize Zimmerman as white. I would have thought him Spanish or Latin American, if the racial aspects were not so hyped and exaggerated.

The "US," created for yourself "A DECOY" to take your attention away from the Real problem in that case. The GUN PROBLEM!! The same Problem that will keep happening over and over again, until it has been dealt with once and for all.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 2:19:32 PM
At 7/17/2013 1:46:46 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
... The Fool: it shouldn't even have been a racial issue. It's the media's fault for hyping it as a racial issue...

Rubbish, I'm no apologist for our society's sensationalist, capitalist ethic-driven media, but racism most certainly isn't merely a media-generated issue. No, alas, there's all too much substance to the issues of racial stereotyping/profiling, double standards, inequality, etc. http://www.debate.org...

The "US," created for yourself "A DECOY" to take your attention away from the Real problem in that case. The GUN PROBLEM!! The same Problem that will keep happening over and over again, until it has been dealt with once and for all.

The gun problem most certainly is a factor in much of our society's violent crime, but to make a "Well duh!" observation, socioeconomic and race-related inequality is also a significant underlying factor.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
mlaboy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2013 3:16:18 PM
At 7/17/2013 10:18:45 AM, inferno wrote:

The Fool: it shouldn't be a matter of "support." Whatever that is supposed to mean anyway? Trayvon was obviously in the wrong, it was just a matter of whether Zimmerman's use of a gun was warranted... He had to make a judgement call in which his own life was at risk. .. Can we really blame him. Trayvon didn't deserve to die,and that is what sucked. Putting Zimmerman in jail wouldn't have brought him back.

Do you agree. =)

Can't win 'em all.

The Fool: it shouldn't even have been a racial issue. It's the media's fault for hyping it as a racial issue. I wouldn't even recognize Zimmerman as white. I would have thought him Spanish or Latin American, if the racial aspects were not so hyped and exaggerated.

-This is one of the most unofficial things I've read. It is never a gun issue, it's a people issue, guns don't kill people, pople kill people. Unless you'd prefer to be completely unprotected it wouldn't be a smart avenue to pursue.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2013 8:34:39 AM
At 7/17/2013 2:19:32 PM, charleslb wrote:
... The Fool: it shouldn't even have been a racial issue. It's the media's fault for hyping it as a racial issue...

Rubbish, I'm no apologist for our society's sensationalist, capitalist ethic-driven media, but racism most certainly isn't merely a media-generated issue. No, alas, there's all too much substance to the issues of racial stereotyping/profiling, double standards, inequality, etc. http://www.debate.org...

The gun problem most certainly is a factor in much of our society's violent crime, but to make a "Well duh!" observation, socioeconomic and race-related inequality is also a significant underlying factor.

Guns are never the problem. Violence was here before guns were even created. The problem is the family structure and its ability to instill morals and integrity into mankind. Take care of home first, and the rest will follow. Does anyone here agree ?